2-9-2016 - Donuts and a Long Night

K

ktspirit

Hello, everyone. I've been up since midnight to take my sister's calls, after her first call, about my niece. She is in the ICU and we are waiting for test results. I have no idea how this day is going to be. Please pray for my niece. Thank you.

Stay safe, folks.

Good morning. I've been trying to trap a mouse for several days. I can't imagine how a mouse has gotten into this house. I had not had one in 20 years, and this past year I've had every crack and crevice sealed up on the house, with all the remodeling. I don't have time or energy for this mission right now but it drives me crazy not knowing how it gained access! So I've been setting regular traps. The mouse eats all the bait and doesn't trip the trap.

So yesterday I bought sticky traps, which I thought I'd never, ever use. Put one out last night, and woke up at 4:00 this morning with a headache, probably from the smell of the sticky pad. So I got up to check my traps. Evidence in the bathroom but no catch. Went out to the sun porch. Found the mouse sitting there eating peanut butter off one of the regular traps! He saw me and dashed away to the new gas jet I just had installed. He perched on top of it and sat there staring at me, as I squatted down, trying to think of a game plan.

He suddenly hopped down from his perch and ran right straight at me. I think he would have climbed up my leg if I hadn't moved! Finally, I opened the door to outside and chased him out the door. Now I will find out whether this was a stray that had somehow gotten trapped under the house long ago or whether there is a breach somewhere.

Husband is going to be in the hospital until the end of this week. Have a good day, everyone.

OC, I be afraid to put my finger near a regular mouse trap. The mice must have a few tricks to get the peanut butter.

JS, I'm lucky if a get a fraction of my bed from Remmy most of the night. Sometimes I have to push her out of my space!

Good morning everyone. You ladies sure are up and posting early today. I've been awake since around 2:30 after having a dream about our Lovo. We finally had snow last night, but there is only some ice on the ground since we had rain first. Darn it. I want my nice white snow. Oh well, at least the roads will be clear for my school visits around the county today.

kt - It sounds like you need "Salem water" or "Salem tea" to heal your family.

OC - I'm sorry, but I had to laugh at your adventures with the mouse. I've done similar things. The funniest was when I was putting away leftovers, and I slammed an empty plastic container down over the mouse. Then I couldn't figure out what to do with it. I ended up sliding a piece of heavy cardboard underneath the container so I could pick up the whole thing with the mouse inside. Then I dumped the furry critter in a bucket of water. About a half hour later, the water and ex-critter were tossed in the woods.

JS - I would've jumped out of bed screaming!

Morning, folks! It is so nice to have it be a bit light at 6:30-7, as yes, we are getting more daylight every day now. However, the cold is not so nice, as it is only 6 above right now, and we are heading for the big below zero temps. Not good with these furnace problems. Hubby bought a motor he thought would do the job, but cannot find his rachets that are needed for the brackets. Don't ask me what it all means, I have no idea. He also bought another space heater so there are 3 going in the house now.

OC...sometimes, a mouse sneaks/scampers in when you have a door open, bringing in groceries, or??? Glad you were able to chase the brazen critter out finally. But you reminded me of being down in Chicago a few years ago, and a bunch of us old highschool classmates were having lunch at one gal's home. One goes to the bathroom, reports a mouse in the tub! LOL, as 3 or 4 rushed in there, a few screams, and finally it got caught just like RS did hers. And disposed of the same way. But another gal & I stayed in the kitchen, we weren't going to be of much help in the small bathroom, and there was enough in there already. But we got a lot of laughs listening. LOL
Been up since 4:15, but I think I might have dozed back for 1/2 hr. or so. I hate waking so early, dragging all day, then. Weird dreams as well. And have to say, you all with pets who climb in your bed are really tolerant. I would not even be able to sleep at all. LOL. No pets here, The zoo outside is enough for me. :) But when my son comes with the 2 dogs, I see how they are with him, so know what you mean.

kt, praying for a good report for your niece, and that she overcomes whatever is wrong. Blessings.

Have you all heard what happened at the winter fest event in Madison (capital of Wisconsin?) Huge event, parking was hard to come by, a bunch of cars parked on the ice near the shore of this lake.......and yep, at one point, the ice gave, 15 cars & trucks went down. 5 were able to be driven out, but 10 are a total loss, as they were partially submerged, water damage too great. There were more than 15 parked, but that's all that went in. Sigghhhh.

A sunny and cold day here. It might get close to 40 later.

OC, I'm glad you were able to get the mouse out of your house.
Now, he can run free with other mice.

Prayers for kt's niece and OC's husband.

I hope everyone will have the best day possible.

Morning Everyone,

Prayers for OC & her husband, KT's niece, and our dear sweet Lois (lovo).

I got to enjoy muffins and juice this morning with my sweet little Gena at her school for Goodies with Grown-Ups. My sweet girl did not want me to leave for work until the bell rang for school to start. :) Also started my new class today. Once I finish and pass my exams, I will have earned my Associate in General Insurance Certificate, 1 week down, 14 to go. :)

OC - glad you got rid of your mouse.

Barb - I got a good chuckle from those sunken cars, silly people, they should know better than to park on the ice like its a parking lot.

RS - safe travels, it was slippery here with only the dusting of snow we got last night.

Lilo - glad you enjoyed the sunrise.

As they say in New Orleans, Laissez Les Bons Temps Roullez!! (for everyone else it's "let the good times roll")

In case you haven't seen Amanda's post in the Prayers for Lovo thread:

Lois (lovo) passed away shortly after 11:00 this morning central time.

Thank you again to Amanda for posting the sad news.

I had posted on Lois' Facebook page earlier this morning that I was sending her birthday squirrelly hugs a day early even though I knew she wouldn't see the post.

Afternoon all.

RS, thanks for the not unexpected but still sad news about Lovo. Prayers for her family.

OC, thoughts of strength to get through this week.

kt, thoughts and prayers for your niece that things work out positively.

Mice in the house. Eeek. At our family summer place, we upon time to time have critters. I rarely see the creatures. I see their lovely remains. Several years ago I could hear Gus crunching away on his dinner, only to feel Gus next to me sleeping. Picked up his kibble every night after that and searched for entrances. Good times. Well, not the critter patrol, but otherwise, good times.

Happy Tuesday.

Our lovo one year ago tomorrow with her birthday cake.

12705540_10207027781271584_7254065432555157898_n.jpg

My heart aches for Lovo - I loved her witty sense of humor and her wonderful way she coped with everything. :(

Thank you RS for the picture!

Why is so many people pass so close to their birthdays?

OC & KT - you're both in my prayers and hoping for better days ahead.

We have had a mouse here at work for a couple weeks and the little bugger would eat all the peanut butter off the trap. Then we tried cheese and he did the same thing. So when we left last Friday one of the guys took a small office garbage can & put a ruler hanging over the can 3/4's of the way out with food on the end. Sure enough we come in Monday and here is this little tiny mouse looking up at us. He was so cute I couldn't let the guys kill it. They walked out back and down to the river and let it go.

Shannon

Sweet friends I apologize for being so late. Today the nursery has lost two precious babies and admitting more every hour. It is so busy I do not have time to read your posts but wanted to assure you they will be read before bedtime. Blessings to each of you as we remember Lovo's family in our hearts and prayers.

Back