2021 TV season

katmouse

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Last night was the Emmy's. Tonight the new TV season starts.

I thought I would start topic so we can discuss our favorite and new TV shows.

Be sure and check your TV schedules for this week.

NCIS (with Mark Harmon) is moving to Monday nights at 9 Eastern/8 Central. Starts tonight.
NCIS Hawaii is after that.

Tues night on CBS is all of the FBI shows which I won't be watching.

Here are links network TV schedules.

CBS

NBC

ABC

FOX

Aahhh, well, nothing looks all that intriguing to me, tho there ARE a few shows I will try. (I think Turner Classics & Hallmark may get most of my attention........depending on the time some of these air. While I still like NCIS, I just don't care for the other city ones.....Networks just love to do that. Then there are shows like Blacklist I never missed, but they just went off on a path that was no longer interesting to me. Maybe it is just my life has taken such a different turn this past year, I honestly just look for something light, funny, etc. Too bad variety shows evidently got too expensive, or something, as sure miss those like Carol Burnett, Jacky Gleason, Ed Sullivan......oh, well. I do try to give most new shows at least one viewing. We will see.......Thanks Kat......This was interesting.

You're welcome.

I'll be watching less network TV than I usually do. I'll stick with my regular night shows,
but I don't think I'll be adding many new ones.

Here's the tribute to the ones who died from last night's Emmy show

Thank you, kat.

I'll give NCIS: Hawaii a try since I liked all of the other spin offs.

Will watch CSI simply because they're going to follow up on an investigation of the lab that was never completely followed through with before the show went off the air. Having Grissom back is a huge plus.

The only other new show that sounds intriguing to me is La Brae. It looks like it just may make my science fiction list with Stranger Things and Manifest (both on Netflix). I loved the show Lost, but was very disappointed in the ending.

Last edited:
Kat, it was thoughtful of you to post all this. I don't watch any of the network shows, haven't in many years, but there are probably a lot of people who do.

Poirot, I came to that same kind of place in life at some point, where I only want to watch things that are light or funny or that don't cause me any kind of emotional stress. Since most of the shows have become very much like real life, they make me feel like I'm watching an extension of the news, only with more detail.

Exactly.........I just saw a list of all the "Emmy" winners........never heard of 98% of the shows, never watched any of them........I don't get Netflix, HBO, etc. , & except for a couple of the nominees, did not know any of them either. Sometimes, even what is called a comedy isn't all that light or humorous, to me, anyway. Oh, well, obviously, others enjoy the shows. When new ones appear, I find I will like something, but........doesn't make the grade or whatever is the criteria for staying power, so, qu ickly gone. LOL

Too bad variety shows evidently got too expensive, or something
They don't have as captive an audience for streaming (there's a big period between when they are "dated" and when they become "nostalgic/vintage"), and their music rights are costly.

The only thing that's interesting to me is the CSI sequel; I'm intrigued by the premise. I watched the show pretty religiously from seasons 3-8 and watched the reruns during college, but lost interest. So...unlike other (recent) sequel series, it can't ruin the parent show if it is really terrible. LOL

I watch very few network shows. Most of them seem trite or formulaic to me now. A lot of those network dramas are the same procedurals, and I find them depressing. Sometimes it seems like it's just a rotation of how many different ways you can find a woman dead in a dumpster. Enough already. It's why I never got into CSI. I burned out on NCIS once they brought the blonde woman on after Tony left. I still watch some of the comedies, but there are fewer and fewer. I loved The Good Place. I used to watch The Big Bang Theory. I watch Bob Hearts Abishola, which is trite sometimes, but warm-hearted and a little quirky. Same with that new show Call Me Kat that aired on Fox. I have no idea if they're bringing it back.

I like the streaming services because the seasons are shorter and they can go out on a limb with more original stories. I can wait until I have time and then watch all the episodes. It takes a lot for me to tune into a show the day it drops week after week. And the only ones that have made me do that of late are the Marvel shows on Disney+ and Ted Lasso.

NCIS was good last night. I didn't care for the dark haired woman agent when she appeared last season, but she fit right in with the guys when they chose her last night. I hope she'll be a good addition for the team. I haven't really liked for any of the female characters on the show except for Abby, Ziva, and Kasie.

NCIS: Hawaii was good for the first episode. I'll have to see if it continues to be good enough to stay up for or even watch through ROKU on the weekends.

NCIS was good.

Mark Harmon (Gibbs) looks mighty fine for someone his age. It's nice to see his wife, Pam Dawber on it.

This might be the last season of NCIS. Mark Harmon was the last person to sign up for this season.

The dark haired actress was on Hawaii 5-0 the last season or two when it was on.

Anyone watch "La Brea"?

It looks like it might be an interesting show. It looks like it might be sort of
like "Journey to the Center of the Earth" or other books like that.

I watched! Adding it to my must watch ist.

I liked how the rift in the Earth also contained a time portal or a portal to a different dimension existing in the same place and time.

Plus loved that the father who had been diagnosed with PTSD and delusions was the only one with a connection to the place through his visions. His daughter sure was stunned when he went straight to where he "saw" his wife's ring , and found it there.

Saw LaBrea last night, reminded me of Manifest. Now I liked Manifest in the first year or so, but then.....it just went somewhere that made me lose interest.
So far, I am liking Ordinary Joe.....interesting premise.

I did & will continue to watch La Brea, but something tells me, especially as is on NBC, it will only last maybe 2 seasons at the most. NBC always cancels my favorite shows. I do enjoy a good sci-fi show.

I'm glad Ducky was on to say good bye to Gibbs. Where's my hankie?

Back