3-15-16 - Donuts for the Ides of March

Good morning. It's going to be another nice day here. I don't have any real plans. I can't believe the local paper used this picture of an officer and his K-9 after a marijuana bust, lol. The dog looks like he got into some of the drugs big time, lol! Take care, folks.

stonedk9.png

Good morning........and a pox on those telemarketers/scam artists who make their calls in the very early a.m., waking people up, scaring them that something happened to someone. Oh, yes, pitch dark, the phone is ringing, get to it, it has stopped, oh, there is voice mail. call it, only hear a click as they hung up. Check caller I.D. "unknown". Grrrrr. Can't go back to sleep, stay up, make coffee, turn on computer, look up number. Yep, scam person, according to reports.
Rained during the night, tis forecast for the day as well, is cloudy, overcast. Seeing geese, just had a blue heron out there. Am draggin, Not gonna be a good day at all.

A note before I begin my normal post.........Amanda's mother-in-law has passed away. Please offer prayers for Amanda and her family,
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Good morning everyone. It is still misting here, but the sun is to come out later. My basement pumps are still getting a workout, though.

Lucky me. I get to go to a Lions Club meeting in my southern county today to play devil's advocate. They want my opinion on what screening equipment they should buy for their members to go out to do screenings in schools. The Lion who invited me and I have a surprise for them. Instead, we're going to ask that they buy the equipment for my department.

Lil0 - I hope you get some relief from the storms.

kt - That dog sure looks scary with the "glowing eyes". He looks like he is possessed. Maybe they need to call in the Winchester brothers from the tv show Supernatural to get rid of the demons. Unless it is an alien possession, then we need The Doctor (Doctor Who) to kick their behinds out of that poor puppy.

Poirot - I hate scammers and telemarketers. I realize that most telemarketers are people who need to earn a living, but scammers are low life bottom feeders.

Good morning everyone!

I'm going to walk around all day saying "Beware of the Ides of March.":rotfl:

kt, I hope that dog got a nice big bone for that bust.

Cloudy and in the 50s here right now. Supposed to get to almost 70.

Working 11-7 today.

My sinuses are all screwed up because of the weather. Last night coming home from work my head hurt so bad that I thought I was going to be sick. Doesn't hurt as bad today but I wish the sun would come out without the threat of thunderstorms. This pressure is miserable.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Morning Everyone,

Thanks for letting everyone know RS. I'm at work as I have no idea yet when the funeral will be and don't want to use all my leave when I don't need to. I sent Gena to school as well to try to help her have things be as stable as possible right now, although I did stop in to talk to her teacher and let her know what happened.

My mother-in-law passed very peacefully in her sleep while my niece (who is 19) was gently holding her hand, at about 6:30 last night. My husband and his brother will be working to make the arraignments today. She's with God now, and she's no longer suffering, which for her is a blessing as the last 2 months have been very difficult for her.

Blessings to you all.

Manda, I'm sorry to hear of the passing. I think a normal as possible schedule for Gena is the best, even though there is no real normal in a situation as this. Prayers for you and your family.

Another day of triple support!!!!!!! :clap:

Allergies are under control, thank you, modern medicine.

I'll keep an eye out for the Ides of March.

Manda, sorry for your loss. Prayers for her family.

It's another nice day here. I'll try to get out later if I can.
I'll be home tomorrow afternoon. I might mow.

I hope everyone will have a good day

Last edited:
Manda, my thoughts and prayers for your family. God bless and comfort all of you.

The past three days have been crazy here. The teenage grandkids were a delight to be around, even if I felt a little overwhelmed with three extra people in this tiny house. Counting my husband, nearly every room had people sleeping late and having breakfast when I am getting ready for my lunch. That, together with the time change, has my routine upside down! My daughter and daughter-in-law came yesterday to get the kids. in the midst of all the confusion, our commode got plugged. Daughter-in-law and I took turns plunging but it was futile.

I called my "all around fix-it guy" but had to leave a message and he didn't get back to me until late in the day. The daughter-in-law was determined not to leave me in my hour of need so I got out the old "snake" (long metal device for ramming through plugged pipes) and she worked hard for a couple of hours (with some minimal help from me) to try to get the line unplugged. Again, no success. It was getting late and they had to drive all the way back to Dallas, so she reluctantly gave up.

My fix-it guy finally called after dark and said he would come first thing this morning. Mercifully, the commode later broke loose enough to get a decent flush for liquids. But I'd already been told in recent years by fix-it guy and a regular plumber that the line is bad, so when he arrived this morning I asked him to go ahead and replace the whole line. It didn't take long for him to uncover a place that had two good-sized tree roots growing into it.

The damper on the visit with family was that I had a migraine almost the whole time. Yesterday was pretty awful. I know stress makes everything worse but spending all that time out in the wind sent my allergies over the top, and I also ate some things I don't usually eat. Trying to get settled and back to "normal" today. Washing up bedding from all over the house.

Manda so sorry - my thoughts & prayers are with you and your family.

Lilo - Hope your weather is getting better. We had snow this morning but didn't amount to much.

KT - I think the dog got into the stash before anyone saw him!

Poirot - maybe a nap later in the day!

RS - Good luck at the Lyons Club!

Imared - hang in there with your sinuses. I fight the same thing!

OC - hopefully everything will settle down and your migraine can let up?

Snowflakes this morning but thankfully didn't amount to much. Overcast and hopefully no rain today!

Shannon

My apologies for your loss.

Gosh my life is just so busy for no reason right now. Today I had to return and re setup a security system DVR I had after I had repaired it. Then I removed my Chromecast, Skystream, HDMI switcher and rearranged my cable box, Fire Stick and xBox One so I could program my new Harmony remote, reset up my security system which had lost its feed somehow, returned some stuff at Home Depot and put up this shed-in-a-box thing I had got to replace the tent that kept collapsing in the rain.

Now watching Days on POP.

Good thing about having a cell phone is I can set it to silent and no notifications so I am not disturbed and I can block numbers.

Good night to you all.

O.K. all you Ides of March afficianados.......what does this say...........

10274338_10153590302942753_1281366646226337513_n.jpg

Back