3/15/24 - Donuts and Beware the Ides/Slides of March

Sexton, I hope you don't have any slides on this Ides of March day. I heard there could be very heavy rains in the Houston area but if it goes anything like rain does here, that might easily miss you. Yesterday brought heavy storms down toward Dallas/Ft. Worth but it didn't even sprinkle here.

It is cloudy here though, was in the 40s* when I got up at six. I'm cooking some veg.-beef soup. Don't think I started it early enough for noon meal but the whole point of it is to have something eat and left over to put in my freezer so it doesn't matter much when it gets done.

Later......

Good still morning here to all.....
Hoping for a less exciting day than yesterday..... all is good here.... just a minor blip that took a huge chunk out of the day yesterday......
I hope the summary makes sense, it was a challenge to get written up......
I'm hoping to get to Home Depot for some stuff to help set up the new storage unit we will be moving into later this month.... it will be a challenge to get everything moved. But once done and arranged properly it will be nice.

We are warming to okay levels during the day but still falling cool at night.... so plants can't yet go outside and stay..... but soon.....

Happy Friday and Slides of March.....

It's cloudy, gloomy and it might get in the 60s later today. I was lucky yesterday and missed out on
the bad weather. A tornado south of me.

This morning I had a MRI. I never had one before. It's not like what you see on TV. A person is put in the
machine and people look at the scan. I didn't realize how noisy it was when you're inside. I got ear plugs.
We have MANA here and I was able to look at my result before doctor. From what I read, nothing seems
to be wrong. I'll be going soon to PT.

rf, I never heard of slides of March before. Safe driving if you go out today.

OC, your soup sound delicious.

robin, I hope HB is feeling ok today.

Today is also World Sleep Day

Good afternoon everyone. There were horrendous storms actoss Indiana, Ohio, and Pennsylvania last night that spawned many tornadoes. The worst of it went to the south of me, but the wind, rain, and hail kept me up most of the night.

I've been waiting for my 11:00 scheduled call from my Mutual of America IRA manager in Pittsburgh...still waiting. He's to talk me through filling out paperwork he sent for changes that couldn't be done online when I met with him in person last week. Oh well, maybe someone else needed something done quicker.

I wish I could get my pics to post here

That picture of Vinnie is so stinkin' cute! Thanks, Robin. I hope you made it to Home Depot. Having an organized storage building sounds like a dream to me.

Sexton, I don't know how to post pictures here either. Probably just as well in my case. I might be posting more than anybody ever wanted to see.

Squirrel, I'm thankful the tornadoes missed you. That kind of weather can be so stressful, even when it turns out okay. Hope your IRA guy contacted you.

Kat, I'm glad the bad storms missed you too. I hope your MRI results are as good as what you read. I've had so many MRIs (mostly on my head) over the past 15 years, I can certainly confirm on the noise. Most of the places I've been for them give headsets and play music to try to drown out the noise. It does distract some but maybe the ear plugs would be better.

Poirot, your remote control sounds as though it could be like mine. The remote itself is small and the buttons (if they can be called that) are smaller and flatter and closer together than my previous remote, making it easy to press the wrong button by mistake. It's a strain for me to read the numbers/letters on them so I have enough trouble pressing the correct ones for that reason. After using the other remote for nearly 20 years my fingers want to automatically go to where they've always gone. In spite of myself I am gradually figuring out a few things but I still have a long way to go. I don't deny I need an attitude adjustment. I've stated many times how much I dislike (and avoid whenever possible) using a cell phone. This new system for my tv reminds me of that. What has in the past been a means of relaxation for me has now become something I dread. Not enough to give up watching tv altogether though. I hope it will get more comfortable for me with time and use.

Kat, let's hope all of us can get a decent night of sleep, in honor of National Sleep Day.

Back