3/16/2024 - Donuts and Birthday Cake

Thanks for the birthday greetings.

It's sunny and 60s outside today.

A busy Saturday. I did my Walmart shopping and come home to put things away. The little library opened early
since it had a special presentation. I stopped at the grocery first to get corned beef since Walmart had a high
price. Anyway, the librarian wasn't there since the presentation in a separate area. I wanted to get there early
since I was meeting the former Sunday school group for lunch. I thought they knew it was my birthday, but they
didn't. They just picked today. We ate a Mexican restaurant and later the staff sang happy birthday.

I have things to do before the movie.

robin, interesting birdhouse cake.

Wilde Woman, I'm sure the cat cake is looking at the birdhouse cake.

Muzzaman, the cake looks yummy.

I hope everyone has a nice rest of the day.

Kat, I'm sorry to be so late getting here. I hope your day has been good. Eating at a Mexican restaurant is always a treat for me. I hope it was for you too.

It's been a quiet, lazy day here. Very heavy cloud cover all day and rain off and on. I've had close to an inch and a half. I don't even know what I've been doing all day. Not very much. I did take a nap. I just now took a shower and have to do something with my hair. It does better if I fix it the night before going somewhere.

Tho some places here try or claim to have mexican food......I just don't feel what I have sampled so far does it for me.

So we had some snow....weird snow, but it was snow. Just occasional small dots, Only knew cuz I went for the mail, & they were bouncing off the windshield. Ha. nope, no white anywhere, did not last long.

Kat, hope you had something good come your way this special day. Am wishing you much joy and happiness now and to come. God Bless!

Sounds like you've had a nice day, Kat.

The cake is called a Raspberry Genoise and turned out how the picture looks which never happens.

OC, those days are nice sometimes too. Enjoy.

We are currently sitting on our driveway in the sun, sitting at 14*C (57.2*F) and tomorrow we could break a record. It is supposed to be as high as 18*C (64.4*F). BUT......BUT.......on Tuesday we drop to daytime highs of -5*C(23*F) and some snow.

Our life has been a bit of a soap opera as of late......well not us but we'd be the supporting characters like Swami's friend, Jamie. One friend moved out and is doing great in his new place but we another friend moved in for a few weeks and will be here for one more week. This guy is my best friend who I'll be going skydiving with in June. And then another friend and his wife split up so it's been a lot of wet shoulders but things are settling down for them and sorting out what they need.

Have a great day everyone.

My neighbor friend came by this afternoon. She brought flowers and a cupcake. We're be going out to lunch sometime
this week with our other friend who comes to play games. My grandson called and my son called a few minutes ago.

Poirot, thanks for the well wishes.

Muzzaman, it's good you have room for your friends who need a place to stay.

Muzzaman, you must be a great chef/baker! Don't forget I'm not far down the highway...I can pop by any time lol, just kidding.

You and Mike have big hearts to do what you do for others

Yeah, cilantro is one of those weird foods. If you ask me if I'd like cilantro, I'll always say no but if there is cilantro in the meal I'm not fussed.

Back