3/16/23 - Donuts and Weather

Nanahl

Reaction score
Good Morning All! I'm finally back after many days off site.

It looks like our part of Texas is FINALLY going to get some much needed rain! We are still in a severe draught. Hopefully, we won't get it like the rest of the country--doing all the damage, etc. It is a cool 64 and a little windy outside this morning. I couldn't sleep so decided to get up and start the thread before going to work at the Food Pantry in town.

It has been a very busy two weeks between doctors appointments, therapies, volunteering, etc, etc, etc. I began seeing floaters in my eyes so made an appointment with my regular eye doctor. She did scans and said everything appeared alright. In fact, she was surprised that at 79, and having macular degeneration, my vision is exceptionally good. However, the next day she called me and said she rechecked the scans after work the night before and found what "could be a concern" and wanted me to see my eye SPECALIST. My appointment is about 50 miles away on Tuesday, the 21st at 1 pm. Needless to say, I am a little worried and am asking for prayers that it is not serious or is something that can be fixed.

I've also been working with an accompanist for a solo I am doing at the Methodist Church in town this Sunday. It is a song that I found while going through some of the darkest times in my life in the early 1990's. I first sang it in our church about 1995 with the encouragement of a dear and trusted friend. I got through it and it helped me so much. So, forward almost 30 years and I am singing it again. Various things caused me to give up as a soloist about 4 years ago. So, for the first time since then, I am gong to sing in church. You see, I have had 3 major throat surgeries over the years and each time was told I would never sing again, but I proved them wrong. So, again, please pray.

But on the UP side. I am happy with my life, my friends like you, and the fact that I can still be of Service to My Lord and others. I am truly Blessed and I wish that Blessing on ALL of you this day. May it be a great one! Must run now and get to the Food Pantry.

Oh, Nanahl, don't you just hate those "could be a concern" messages!!!!!! And then you have to wait to get more info!!!! I hope it will turn out to be just a minor concern.

Yay, you are singing again. I'm sure that will be uplifting for you and all who are lucky enough to hear you.

I got hit with some kind of strange bug or something else yesterday. Felt feverish and nauseous. Couldn't eat without feeling like my stomach was going to turn inside out. Negative on the COVID test. Feeling better this morning. I have NO idea what the heck that was all about. I canceled my acupuncture appointment out of fear it might be something contagious. Now I want to see it I can reclaim it! It was for this morning at 10:00.

Wishing you all a beautiful day.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KAT!

pexels-photo-1702373.jpeg

39 overcast degrees in New York. The sun should come out later.

Nanahl - Welcome back and thank you for the update. Prayers being sent for your eyes, and also sending good thoughts for your solo...how very exciting for you! I love your positive attitude and spirit, it is inspiring.

Lil0 - It is par for the course these days to take a Covid test when we feel out of sorts. Glad you don't have it. Sounds like a random virus. You did the right thing canceling your appointment. Glad you feel better now.

Everyone have a thrilling Thursday!

Good-Morning-Thursday-Images-Free-Download-for-Whatsapp.jpg

Awaiting the big winter storm. The expected 6-10" has been reduced to maybe 6" total, but that is because they say we are now to get rain first. Was a shock to wake up at 6:30 and it is 40°!! So, understand that rain will come first, the snow tonite and tomorrow, supposedly. The wacky weather continues. Of course, up here, rain atop all this snow........oh, such fun! N O T!
bAD night's sleep, should say non-sleep.
Weather guessers continue to change the forecast as time progresses. Probably the unexpected warm front is causing it all. Have a good day all.........

Thanks for the birthday wishes.

It's been raining off and on today. There might be severe weather later in the evening. I was able to
walk before 7 this morning, but had to use a flashlight at first.

Mrs. Fitch was happy I stopped working outside yesterday afternoon. She's been singing ever since.

In a few minutes, my two women friends are coming to play games for my special day. I try to stay
home in case I get calls on my birthday. We haven't played games since sometime last year. Of
course, it just started raining more. We would have gone out tomorrow, but one woman's hubby is
having medical tests.

nanahl, prayers for your eye exam and singing at church.

Lil0, I hope you feel better soon.

robin, I hope the snowy weather doesn't get too bad.

Poirot, I hope you won't get too much snow this time.

Wilde Woman, I hope you'll get sunshine.

I hope everyone will have good afternoon and evening.

So far, it is raining ! Yep, right atop all that snow! Gotta tell ya, will be glad when I can wear regular shoes outside, and can forego the boots.......lol

Hello. Wow, lots going on here. I love the pretty cakes. Happy birthday, Kat. Hope you had fun with your friends and the games.

Poirot, you just keep catching the weird weather. I don't know what your forecast is for temperatures, but I hope you don't get a hard freeze on top of the rain, on top of the snow. Eck!

Robin, I bet Vinnie is having the time of his life. Hope you are geared up for the shocking winter weather.

Wilde Woman, it seems almost certain you made it into the 40s* today.

Hi, Squirrel. I hope your foot got a little bit stronger today. A little more each day.

Lil0, I hope your strange bug is gone for good and maybe you were still able to get in to see the acupuncturist.

Nana, I second all Lil0 said about the message to wait about the concern, and about your singing. I'm hoping the very best for your eyes and for your singing. God bless!

Looks like the rain and possible severe storms are missing here and instead are tuning up around DFW and points east of there. With my youngest son's family still in California, and my daughter's family in New Mexico on spring break, I have only my oldest son in the Dallas area right now but I do have other relatives and friends in Fort Worth. Hoping it doesn't get too bad.

The sun has come out--weak--here and it's been warm and windy all day, but the wind has kicked up a few notches this afternoon, as a cold front moves in. They're saying gusts up to 50 mph or above! I'm guessing it's sustained at about 30 mph now. Don't know about the gusts but my windows are making sucking noises off and on. Creepy.

ah, well, it rained, yes it rained this morning......began around 11, but then it changed over to sort of a rain/snow mix for a while, and finally, yep, now it is snowing. This a.m. it was 40 at 7 am, by noon it was 37, it is currently 33. Continues weird and wacky weather. Yep, it is to continue to drop all evening, during the night...and only getting to the 20s the next few days.
Sounds like others around the country are getting a bit of the unusual & nasty weather as well.
O.C. it is difficult when the wind gets going, making it colder than the temps say it is. RS, glad you lost the extra weight you were carrying around, walking is much easier now, am sure.
Kat, sure was nice for your friends to come over and have some fun with you. Just hope you have a good evening as well.
Have good one my friends.........

Good Morning All! I'm finally back after many days off site.

It looks like our part of Texas is FINALLY going to get some much needed rain! We are still in a severe draught. Hopefully, we won't get it like the rest of the country--doing all the damage, etc. It is a cool 64 and a little windy outside this morning. I couldn't sleep so decided to get up and start the thread before going to work at the Food Pantry in town.

It has been a very busy two weeks between doctors appointments, therapies, volunteering, etc, etc, etc. I began seeing floaters in my eyes so made an appointment with my regular eye doctor. She did scans and said everything appeared alright. In fact, she was surprised that at 79, and having macular degeneration, my vision is exceptionally good. However, the next day she called me and said she rechecked the scans after work the night before and found what "could be a concern" and wanted me to see my eye SPECALIST. My appointment is about 50 miles away on Tuesday, the 21st at 1 pm. Needless to say, I am a little worried and am asking for prayers that it is not serious or is something that can be fixed.

I've also been working with an accompanist for a solo I am doing at the Methodist Church in town this Sunday. It is a song that I found while going through some of the darkest times in my life in the early 1990's. I first sang it in our church about 1995 with the encouragement of a dear and trusted friend. I got through it and it helped me so much. So, forward almost 30 years and I am singing it again. Various things caused me to give up as a soloist about 4 years ago. So, for the first time since then, I am gong to sing in church. You see, I have had 3 major throat surgeries over the years and each time was told I would never sing again, but I proved them wrong. So, again, please pray.

But on the UP side. I am happy with my life, my friends like you, and the fact that I can still be of Service to My Lord and others. I am truly Blessed and I wish that Blessing on ALL of you this day. May it be a great one! Must run now and get to the Food Pantry.
You are my new hero.

Hi everybody.

This had been a day from you know where. My foot has ballooned up. I had to call the surgeon's office. They called in an Rx for inflammation. Can't figure out why I didn't have it from the get go.

While Cindy was standing in line at the pharmacy for me, her daughter called. Cindy's 9 year old grandson was taken to children's hospital. She called me a bit ago to say he was having emergency surgery for acute appendicitis.

rs, sorry to hear your leg got swollen. I hope the medicine helps. I'll pray for Cindy's grandson.

robin, I think a word opposite yippee might be gosh darn :)

Lil0, I hope your strange bug is gone for good and maybe you were still able to get in to see the acupuncturist.
Yes and yes! I woke up feeling better, so I decided to go to my appointment. So glad that I did!!!! I came home feeling great! Got out into the garden a bit this afternoon. Beautiful spring day.

OC, I hope your son is ok that lives in Dallas. I read the weather was severe there today.

Back