3-17-2017 - Donuts & Happy St. Patrick's Day!!

I had a sleepless, uncomfortable night. Felt bad all morning. Haven't gotten much done today but have stayed pretty busy just doing little things in the house, including washing up bedding from when the kids were here. It was very nice out today, 84* and sunny, not as much wind as predicted. Felt a little hot when I went out for a couple of things.

Wish I had some of the corned beef and cabbage. I don't remember ever having corned beef until I was past 30. My husband introduced me to Reuben sandwiches while we were still in Pennsylvania. My family never celebrated St. Patrick's Day, except as kids we wore something green to school so we wouldn't get pinched. I don't think any of us knew what it was all about.

Kat, I get a large discount if I buy 100 gallons or more of propane. To buy less costs me almost as much as buying more at the discounted price. As for the St. Patrick's Day pinching, it's just for fun. It's not to hurt anyone and I would never do it to a stranger.

I never ever heard of pinching someone not wearing green on St. Patrick's Day. And I am from Chicago, where the Irish ruled the roost for umpteen years, and the river is always dyed green on March 17th. LOL

I also grew up with the tradition of being pinched for not wearing green on this day and pinching those not wearing green. And @katmouse I also remember some hard pinches. In junior and senior high us guys used to give out purple nerples to each other. I sure hope you had a nice birthday, Kat!!

Back