3/17/24 - Donuts & The Wearin' of the Green!

Top o' the mornin' to ya........And the gift St. Patrick saved just for this area........a SNOWSTORM! lol, Actually, Mother Nature must have PMS , and went on a rampage. Woke up, opened the blinds, shocked to see everything white, and I do mean white.........that was about an hour ago, and currently, it is really coming down hard, those white flakes are piling up faster and faster. No idea if this is an on again, off again all day affair, or just this a.m.
No church for me today, will watch what I get on TV this a.m. I think there is a service at 9 a.m. or 9:30.
Have a good day, hope you got your corned beef, I forgot.

Erin Go Bragh!

Morning and happy St Patty's Day to you all.

A beautiful morning and going to be beautiful, just to tease us with potentially 10cm of snow this week........yuck!! My thoughts are turning to camping but with 42 fires already burning in Alberta, I'm concerned that there'll be more fire bans and. Poor air quality again this year.

Enjoy your day.

It's sunny and will be in the 60s this afternoon. We get a cold snap tonight and will only be in the 40s Monday.

I'm having corned beef and cabbage. One of the few times of the year I eat beef. After dinner, I'm going
outside to rake. My mower is coming the early part of week to mow.

Poirot, you might find corned beef cheaper after the holiday. It was close to $6 a pound at Walmart. I
bought mine at a grocery store.

Muzzaman, enjoy your nice weather today before winter comes again.

I hope everyone has a relaxing day.

morning all...... I've got my corned beef ready to cook.... it will start soon..... the cabbage here in Wichita were HUGE.... as in soccer ball size..... it will be a challenge to cook in my pot... I'll need a different one as it won't fit in the one I imagined.... ugh....

folks have been going up to the homesite where our cabin is located and posting pictures on Facebook.... we have some snow there.... that's good, I hope to avoid the horribleness of the Dixie Fire again.....

We get to below freezing tonight..... bleck.... I have plants that want to stay out doors, they are on hand trucks because they are so big I want parts of my rooms back.... but I've been warned that their could be an April flurry in my future..... but next week will be mild and the plants will be outside....

Happy Sunday to all....

Happy St. Paddy's Day, everyone. No wearing of the green in my family...my Dad was Orange. Green is Irish Catholic. (My Italian Mom raised us Catholic.) Our family tartan through the centuries is navy blue and forest green with very very thin lines of orange running through the navy blue.

Rain is to start soon. Changing to freezing rain later then snow overnight.

Was going to go to the American Legion this afternoon to listen to the bagpipers then bands after, but decided not to. It is open to the public, and will be too crowded for me.
I tried to slice the end of my left index finger off , and had to get stitches. It is throbing underneath all of the gauze and wrapping. I'm afraid people would be bumping it, and making it worse.

Happy Belated Birthday, kat. I'm sorry I missed it.

Rainy afternoon
Thundering so I am following the rule
When thunder roars
Stay indoors

So far, since I've been home from church, rain has only crashed the satellite once

Good evening. Hope all of you enjoyed your corned beef and other celebrations today. Until I got on this board I didn't even know people ate corned beef on St. Patrick's day. It isn't a thing around here. I would love some corned beef and cabbage though. I think I cooked it one time decades ago, though not on St. Patrick's Day.

Sexton, I hope you didn't get any bad storm. I saw on tv there had been a tornado in Texas but I couldn't tell where. Not a bad one, I guess, as there were some worse in other states.

Squirrel, I'm so sorry about your mishap. Take care of that index finger!

It felt cold here this morning, in the 40s* with clouds and wind but thank goodness, no snow. Sun came out later.

For me, a corned beef sandwich on Rye. Oh, yum.......if it had not snowed here I would have run out to the store for some sliced corned beef. (no cabbage for me, lol)
Some of the snow melted, don't know how, as it never got over 26, and the sun appeared briefly, for only about 15 minutes. Weird. Oh, there is still snow, but not on the streets or sidewalks, just the fields, yards, and parts of roofs. However there is still a bit on the patio. Gonna drop down tonite to 15, then the 20s tomorrow, and only low 30s rest of week. Yep, Winter hath returned.

rs, sorry to hear about your finger. I hope it will be ok in the morning.

Poirot, take care if you go tomorrow.

rf, I hope the bad weather missed you.

Lil0, I hope your lunch went well.

OC, I hope you had a nice day.

Back