3/22/22 Donuts and Hello Stranger

mandamiee

Reaction score
Good Morning,
Sorry to be missing for so very long, between work and Girl Scouts, I've been so ridiculously busy. So I though I better stop in and check on everyone.

Thinking of our friends in Texas as I read about all the tornados, praying you are all safe.

God bless my wonderful friends.

Manda, I'm so glad to see you here. I'd been wondering about you but saw you were doing Girl Scout cookies.

I'm waiting for my niece, to go deliver the pup. Wind is blowing hard but now they're saying 30 mph, not 50. One can only hope. I don't know what it is right now but not a great day to be out. Still, better than snow and plunging temperatures, although it's in the 40s* today. My head has been better this morning, not exactly well, but better. I need to get out of the house.

Good Morning......
HELLO Manda!!!!! so happy to see you dropping by..... we all understand busy times......

Heading off to work today thankfully HB is glued to the TV watching the the Hearings on the Supreme Court Justice.....

It will be mid 80's and breezy today.... joy..... Don't need to pollen spreaders.....

Missed you, Manda, so good to see you today (love the pic of you!)...Raining here, I had to go out, had an appt. , but think, maybe my car got washed, lolol. It was pretty bad from snow, mud, cold, salt, etc. etc. Cannot tell til it dries. This is why I was glad the streets & sidewalks were clear of snow, as rain on top will become ice.....and there are large areas of snow with rain on top that will be ice clumps overnight. They say the snow mixed with rain will begin this evening.
Been making headway with my desk, not that means neglecting bookwork, and other chores. Sign, not a win/win. Hope you all have a better day, the wind dies down a bit for O.C. Robin, glad you can escape the "news" all day......am sure lots of recaps this evening.

It's cloudy and in the 50s today. The rain in forecast is mostly gone. Colder tomorrow with
rain and maybe some white stuff.

I'm doing well after my toe nail surgery. I changed the bandage this morning. I don't have
any pain. It worked out I picked the right week for it since the weather isn't nice to work
outside. I'm catching up on my studies.

manda, glad to see you posting today.

robin, I'm glad HB found something else to watch besides the war. I hope your work
went well today.

OC, I hope you got enough rain to help with your drought.

Poirot, good luck getting organized.

Wishing everyone a terrific rest of the day

Hi everybody. The work firewall had the Spectator blocked yesterday and this morning. So glad to see that I can get in now.

Unfortunately I'm with OC. My migraine has been hanging on since last Thursday. Most of Friday through Sunday were spent in bed in the dark. I'm finally functioning much better today, and drove to the most southeastern corner of my southern county to do screenings. This is a huge school 150 kids) with a 1/2 day today and a full day tomorrow. The teachers were so organized that I was able to get a lot of tomorrow morning's kids done today to lighten tomorrow's load for me.

I just got off a phone meeting with the Mutual of America rep who handles our IRA's through work. I usually only look at my quarterly reports, but I logged in last night so I'd know what has happened since the end of December. GASP! I lost more on one of the stock funds in less than 3 months than I thought I would've.
The final decision is that I'm going to hold steady with my 36% interest bearing and 64% stocks for now since the age of mandatory disbursement has been raised to 72. That's when I plan on retiring anyway (3 years to go!!), and my maximum social security amount kicks in then, too. I have a smaller IRA with John Hancock that is with all of the same funds so I'll just let that sit, too.

Amanda - I know you're super busy, but you're also making such wonderful memories with Gena.

OC - I hope you two have a nice drive out to deliver the pup. Prayers go up for everyone in the path of those tornadoes.

robinsnest - How many times are you going to unretire? The school district probably would rather pay you to come in when needed instead of hiring someone.

Poirot - You can just keep that rain/snow mix over there. Now that my daffodils are coming up, I don't want anymore winter.

kat - Oh my goodness. I cringed when reading about your toenail being removed. I hope it works out the best for you.

redsquirrel - I take Excedrin Migraine, and it usually helps pretty quickly. Do hope your migraine goes away soon.
Thank you for the tip, Wilde Woman. Unfortunately, I'm allergic to aspirin so no aspirin or ibuprofen containing products for me. Dark and quiet spaces, generic tylenol extra strength, plus a warm washcloth on the back of my neck and head are the only things that work for me if I can get to bed before tunnel vision starts. I was stuck at a school all day last Thursday, and tunnel vision along with nausea hit long before I could leave there.

Manda, Glad we're both back. Sometimes life "just happens" and we don't have time for anything else!

IamRed: How the heck do you do eggs in the air fryer!?!?

OC: Glad your headache is better. Hope you are pain free soon. Onions used to send my Dad on a spiral, especially raw ones. Also, when I was having mine, I had purchased one of the neck warmers you put in the microwave and put around your neck. It really helped

I have been looking for a place to "rehome" my grandson's dog. He wasn't thinking when he took it about two weeks before getting out of military. It's a 50-60 lb Boxer/Pit about 2 yo. Very loving,, but rambunctious, etc. This 78 yo can handle a lot of things, but not Lily! She pulls me over or knocks me over. Just not safe. I don't even take her outside. She ends up staying in a cage in the garage except when grandson able to take her out, etc. It's cruel to me, but none of the places I've contacted have space at this time. I've tried Victoria, Austin, San Antonio, Houston and several other areas. Same story. I do NOT want to have her euthanized, but being caged all the time is more cruel in my opinion. Anyone interested. Would be great for someone with land and/or "not so young" children.

Must run again! Playing piano for the devotions at local nursing home. Then I have to get ready for tomorrow. I will sit with my son while his wife goes to therapy, go to Bible Study before heading out to Victoria for doctors' apptments and several stops at 3-4 other places to buy necessities. I will be gone for most of the day.

Hope everyone has a blessed "rest of the day!"

I hope that Rescue site urges people to list the town/state. I see things on Facebook, missing children, missing persons, adopt a pet, and no mention of WHERE.

The web site says in two hours you should hear from someone since things are passed around. They want
where you live and what breed you have. It might work. I was trying to find the organization that finds
homes for pit bulls and this came up.

It's cloudy and in the 50s today. The rain in forecast is mostly gone. Colder tomorrow with
rain and maybe some white stuff.

I'm doing well after my toe nail surgery. I changed the bandage this morning. I don't have
any pain. It worked out I picked the right week for it since the weather isn't nice to work
outside. I'm catching up on my studies.

manda, glad to see you posting today.

robin, I'm glad HB found something else to watch besides the war. I hope your work
went well today.

OC, I hope you got enough rain to help with your drought.

Poirot, good luck getting organized.

Wishing everyone a terrific rest of the day
1647984445919.png

Still raining here, but temp is starting to drop after staying at 38 all day. However, the news at 5 says it is snowing up in Duluth now, and snow is expected thruout the northern MN & WI areas beginning later this evening. & thru tomorrow. Ugh.
Was nice to not have to wear boots for a few days. Right now, the snow that had not melted looks so yukky with the rain on it, making it slushy/icy looking.
Gonna have soup for dinner, sort of just the perfect day for it here. LOL

Nana, I hope you can find a place for Lily. I don't know whether the places you've tried or the one Kat linked are the kind that look all over the country for a place to relocate them, if nothing is available locally. My niece cared for a German Shepherd one time that went to New York. I think the one today will go to Oklahoma. Apparently some areas of the country don't have as many dogs as others and I don't know why. Also some places have a list of people who will foster the animals while waiting for forever homes to open up.

Squirrel, you know my heart goes out to you. I'm glad you are improving. It takes awhile to get over being pummeled for several days! I know absolutely nothing about stocks but I'm sorry you took a loss. It sounds like you have things planned out well though. I know you have worked very hard and will appreciate your retirement when it does get here.

Poirot, I hope your car got as clean as you hoped it might be. From reading your last comments, I'm thinking you'd better be leaving it in the garage for awhile, if you want it to stay clean.

Kat, I'm glad you aren't having pain with your toe. It does sound like a good time for you to be staying inside.

Nana, raw onion is a big problem for me too. The minute I cut into one, it's all over for me. I can't cook with it at all, which leaves a lot to be desired in my cooking efforts.

We had an interesting day. The town we went to was the one that was hit by the tornado yesterday. Thank God there was no loss of life, but the destruction was sad to see. After dropping off the dog we stopped and ate at a local cafe, where we heard some first-hand accounts of the storm, and also happened to see a couple of guys my niece used to work with before she moved out here. They sat down and visited with us. One of them was going to pick up our tab but I had already paid it. He even tried to get the waitress to take it off my card but she didn't seem to know how to do it.

It was overcast all day, until just a little while ago, and the wind continued, and continues, to roar. It was only in the 40s* and felt cold while we were out! So yesterday, while fires and tornadoes were going on it parts of the state, the panhandle was expecting a blizzard! Crazy times!

rs, I hope you feel better soon. I'm glad you were able to get some of tomorrow's students
done today. I need to look at my financial statements. What I don't know for awhile, is fine
with me.

Poirot, soup sounds wonderful. I might have that tomorrow since temps will be in the 30s
in the mornings.

OC, I'm glad your day went well and you had a nice lunch.

Good Morning,
Sorry to be missing for so very long, between work and Girl Scouts, I've been so ridiculously busy. So I though I better stop in and check on everyone.

Thinking of our friends in Texas as I read about all the tornados, praying you are all safe.

God bless my wonderful friends.
Welcome back, mandamiee! Glad you are doing well. I echo your sentiments about those in the affected areas of the tornados. It is devastating. Sending prayers to all.

kat: Thanks for the link. I just finished posting on it. I just hope it works! I will keep you all posted. Thanks for caring about one of God's creatures.

Nana, I was talking with my niece about your dog. She said making sure the dog is neutered and up to date on shots is very helpful in finding a home. She also gave a word of caution. There are people out there who want dogs for fighting--bait dogs. Especially those that are pit or part pit. It's horrifying to think this kind of thing still goes on but it does. Of course if such a person seeks to take a dog that needs a home, they aren't going to let their intentions be known. For that reason, it's best to go through a reputable agency because they screen the people who want to adopt. If you do go the route of a private transfer, be sure and check out the background of the person who wants the dog.

This may all sound like no-brainer stuff, but some of us who are not that much into dogs (like me) might not think or know about these things.

Thank you OC. That advice has been shared with me by numerous people. We are definitely asking questions. The RescueMe site even suggest getting the name of the person's vet and call THEM. Ask about how they feel about this person's care of animals.

Back