3-23-2016 - Donut and Wind

Good morning folks. Very windy here as well, coming off the ice covered lake, makes it feel colder than it is (28°). The sun is out, weakly, but is out, they say chance of snow, or snow mixed with rain. ???

Have a good one...

It's been windy here too the past few days. I had wanted to get outside yesterday,
but god had other plans for me... I wish it could've been a better day.

I hope everyone has the best day possible.

Good morning everyone!

Sunny here and will get to 73. No wind this morning but we had plenty last night.

Glad you're staying in and not out in that dust OC.

Stay warm Poirot.

I hope you can get outside soon kat.

Off to work in a few so I won't get to enjoy this wonderful weather. Maybe I'll volunteer to do receiving so I can stick my head outside every time I have to open the bay door.

Have a wonderful day everyone!

Good Morning Everyone,

33* and very windy here. We have 8-12 inches of snow in the forecast starting today at noon and lasting until late Thursday or early Friday morning. The sun is nowhere to be seen today, just lots of clouds.

Stay warm or cool depending upon where you are. {{hugs}}

Manda....I heard the biggest part of the storm had gone south, sounds like it is going your way. My son probably will catch it as well, he lives in the middle. Please take care. It is clouding up a bit here now, but wow, how windy!!!!

Good morning. Windy here too, we may or may not have some of OC's blowing dust around here this afternoon.

I've got a small path cleared in my garage yesterday, so I hope I can make more progress today. We still have a bunk bed and mattresses in there that I need to get rid of. We took it from a friend that was moving, but we don't really have a use for it. I was hoping we could split the top and bottom bunks so we could bump Ava out of her toddler bed, but I don't think they'll work as separate beds. So that's taking up a lot of room in the garage.

I did take the girls back to town yesterday after school to try on cleats and the size too big for Ava actually fit fairly well, so they both have new cleats. One less thing to worry about.

Yes Poirot, I'm just about smack dab in the middle of the state (North to South anyway). It hasn't started snowing just yet, but it is about a half hour west of us, so it won't be long. Glad I don't have to go out tonight once I'm done for the day.

Good afternoon everyone. I had a good morning in my southern county at a new to me low income senior citizen apartment building. The people were very nice, and very appreciative of the free services.

I even made it back to the bakery in that town around noon, but alas the cannoli were gone. Guess I'll have to get a cheesecake for Easter dinner dessert instead.

OC, I hope you don't get a migraine from the dust storm.

Amanda - prayers are going up for you niece and her daughter.

Robin - I hope you feel better today, and your fever is down.

Noel - Hoping you continue to gain your strength back.

Hello folks. It has warmed up considerably since this morning. I've been outside enjoying the 70*s temperatures, though it is still windy here, too. The dewberries are blooming like crazy and already have a few little green berries. Soon I'll be able to make that annual cobbler I look forward to!

Wednesday is test day for the local weather warning siren (when the weather isn't bad), so it went off today and Remmy and I had to do our drill. We go to the bathroom in the center of the house for "safety", otherwise Remmy would not rest, lol. Recently, I put a new full length mirror behind the bathroom door and Remmy hasn't seen it until today. I guess it didn't freak her out because she could see me and herself, but she sure was confused about that extra person, lol. She would cock her head one way and the other, look at me, look back at the mirror. She was probably thinking, "oh, no, not another one of her!", lol.

Take care of yourselves.

OC - when I first saw your temps, I thought oh me me - please but with the wind and dust your best bet in staying inside and hopefully no migraines from it.

Poirot and Amanda - you both can't get a break from the snow! So sorry.

Imared - nice to have a choice of work so you can at least peek out and see the sun!

Robin and Noel - hope you both can get to feeling better!

We had the kids over for dinner last night since it my husband's birthday and had a great time. With the sun not going down until later, it seems the evening flies by way too fast. We're going to take Ember to see the Easter Bunny tonight and she is so excited. She's afraid of Santa but loves the Easter Bunny?? The church we attend and she goes to school at is having a big gathering on Saturday for the kids but she doesn't want to go. She is a timid little girl and just too much commotion for her.

We had snow yesterday but nothing to accumulate at all and today is partly cloudy and cooler!!

Have a good day
Shannon

Shan, it's good to hear about your nice birthday dinner for the husband. I can easily relate to Ember and her reluctance to go to the big gathering. I've always had an aversion to a lot of commotion. My daughter loves it. Just depends on how people are wired. Ember will find her own way of having fun.

I'm being a complete slug today.

JBS has pancreatitis! He started puking blood last night and I had to take him to the emergency vet. The bill was almost nine hundred dollars and he was transferred to his regular vet this morning where he is being held overnight for further observation because he is not interested in soft food. They said it was good that we caught it because it could develop into diabetes.

RGA was under observation today but they let her go home because the vet said it was probably just separation anxiety. Have not gotten bill for regular vet yet. I told them I did not care the cost, just save his life, and give him lots of pets (as in pettings). The bill will probably put me six feet under but oh well, I love my dogs.

I have been so busy today repairing the latch on the fence and spray waterproofing my outdoor waterproof cloth shed. Like the stuff that you spray on camping gear to make it more water proof. Also cleaning up before my oldest daughter comes home tomorrow.

Anyway good day to you all. I am off to learn as much about pancreatitis as I can.

I can easily relate to Ember and her reluctance to go to the big gathering. I've always had an aversion to a lot of commotion.

I'm the same way. Some people are just too sensitive to absorb a lot of stuff going on around them. It's too overstimulating for me.

Y, I hope JBS will be ok. I know the love we have for our furry family members.

YPG, I hope JBS gets better.

I wish vet bills weren't so high especially when you have to make a painful
decision like I did yesterday.

I was able to work outside today. I weeded awhile, then used pick ax
on the pampas grass. It's going to take awhile to get the big one out.

Back