3-23-2016 - Donut and Wind

Ok (and I'm looking at you, OC, lol) here is a quiz for you folks. I don't often get a good view of the sunset (trees block the view), but sometimes it's pretty when it wraps around the whole sky. You tell me which picture is of the sunset in the west or the sunset as it looks in the east.

32316sunset2.jpg

32316sunset1.jpg

YPG.....I could never afford a vet bill like that.....and honestly, just never heard of dogs having pancreatitus. How scary for you. My goodness. Hope all goes well. Vet bills now seem, to me, astronomical. After two dogs......well, we don't have pets anymore. Where I live now, so much wild life, & too many problems for a pet. Porcupines shooting quills, skunks shooting scent, hawks, eagles, vultures looking for food, ticks looking for a new blood supply.
Sorry, I know I sound like a downer. My son comes with his 2 dogs, and all I do is worry.
Kat...hugs to you...I think kt & I are on the same page

Noel, I still think tis too early for you to be returning to work.
Robin, same for you. My niece has had the flu, went back to work one day, did not last, home early, to doc next day for 3rd time, walking pneumonia in one lung.
Health nurse on radio yesterday talking of flu, said if you think you have it, get to doc within 3 days, as there is anti-viral med that will shorten the life of the flu, & lessen the symptoms.

Rocky, I truly need you to come up here and declutter...especially the garage. Why can't the bunk beds be separated? They usually can. If it is the legs, bet your hubby could adjust them.

Hubby here is still ailing, been a year now. For a guy who never ever wanted to even take an aspirin, would not ever "do" doctors, too many visits/prescriptions, etc. with no positive results.

I just think it is crazy that that amount is only for the emergency vet bill where he was overnight. I have not gotten the bill for both dogs being in observation today and any further treatment, though RGA came home and JBS stayed for another night.

I will probably go back to donating plasma for like sixty bucks a week to pay the vet bills down. It is a worthwhile investment to pay for JBS as he is trained as a service dog. RGA better learn some tricks fast or not ever get sick lol.

Hmmm, I wonder if there is some organization to help vets with vet bills because animals are so important in service and therapy these days.

YPG, if it is any encouragement, in my years working for a veterinarian we had dogs come in with pancreatitis and most did well after their initial "attack". I know that you will follow doctor's directions so you should be good.

No fever today. No energy either. No appetite. Not that I am in any danger of harm from lack of eating. But, this is not the way to lose weight.

Thank you for all the get well wishes. I'm sure they are helping. :love:

There is a vet at church who always brought his service dog, a smaller one (don't know breed) but it was dark brown, short haired. Hadn't seen him in quite a while.......but this past Sunday he was there with a different dog, a larger, black & white, long haired dog. I wanted to talk to him after the service, but he left quickly, as I could not find him.

Kt, I am the worst in the world at riddles or quizzes, but I have to try to guess at this because there is probably no one who watches sunrises and sunsets more than I do. However, since your weather patterns are probably different from mine, I don't have much confidence I will get it right. Top, west. Bottom, east.

Often here, we will be cloudy nearly all day, then late in the afternoon the sky will get light and bright, and the sun will pop out shortly before sundown. The top picture has more light around the clouds. But Poirot has a good point about the orange around the clouds. Either way, both pictures are beautiful. I'm glad you posted them!

We've just had a cool front move in, with up to 30 mph wind. Our windows are creaking. Dry winds. Wildfires in the Panhandle.

YPG, I'm sorry about your vet bills, and I hope your dog does fine with the treatment. The possibility of help for veterans with vet bills would be worth looking into. It is a good idea and would be a good cause, if someone hasn't already thought of it.

Kat, I'm so sorry for your hard day yesterday.

Robin, I'm glad your fever is gone, but I know from experience (not flu though) you are right, being sick is no way to lose weight! You and Noel have both had a time of it.

Poirot, ailing is really hard for men who have never been sick. It is hard on their wives too. Taking care of dogs got to be too much for me also. You have more dangers for them than we do though. I wonder if bears bother dogs.

Rocky, I truly need you to come up here and declutter...especially the garage.

If Rocky were to pay me a de-cluttering visit, it would take up a few days of her time! A family member once took it upon themselves to "condense and organize" my garage. The "condensing" part took place, the "organizing" part did not. :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: Very difficult to find things, afterward.

I appreciate everyone's kind words. I have good news that I will update in today's thread.
YPG, if it is any encouragement, in my years working for a veterinarian we had dogs come in with pancreatitis and most did well after their initial "attack". I know that you will follow doctor's directions so you should be good.

I appreciate this information because I have been reading and worried whether is it acute or chronic pancreatitis and if chronic, my poor baby lol.

I'm cleaning my kitchen in small steps. I cleaned off a counter today. I didn't
put everything
back the way it was. I did second area. I'm not sure when I get to the
third one. There's so much in the garage I don't know what to keep and
what to get rid of.

Last edited:
Last night was a full moon, I think, but there were clouds here so I couldn't see it. I did see it the night before though, in the east. Then the next morning early, I saw it in the west. Honestly, if I had seen pictures of the two, I wouldn't have been able to tell the difference. Fascinating how that works, much like Kt's clouds.

Poirot, I think it is the way it would sit on the floor, so it would likely be an issue of legs. But Hubby, for all his skills, is not a woodworker. So I don't know what we're going to do with it. I had told the people moving that we'd take it thinking that Hubby's sister or mom would take it as they trade around furniture all the time. No such luck though. We'll either use it or sell it...eventually.

Back