3-24-18 - Donuts & soggy yard

Good luck, Lil0.......Not a pleasant outlook at all. We also have a rain forecast......which does not bode well with all this snow. Grey skies, of course today,currently 24, but to be sunny and 40, so they say. Sunday & Monday is to be the rain......Probably a gift from Lil0, lolol.

Actually, there is supposed to be a 1400 mile stretch of heavy, wet snow expected from the west to here, but I think it might be a bit south. Wait and see.......my son has had the flu for the past week, feel bad, he lives alone, so no one to go get anything for him. Yesterday he finally felt like he could eat. Been miserable. (lives mid state)

Morning. The sun is out here in Santa Monica. Shortly, I will pack up and my sister will drive me to the first location of the bus stopping and I'll join the group. Yesterday, we were SUPPOSED to go to a movie. But my dingbat older sister didn't manage to arrive here till almost 3:00, so we missed seeing any movie.

I hope everyone has a great Saturday. I'll try to check in later today but the motel's wifi is spotty at best.

Happy Saturday.

It is very warm, dusty, and over 80 here at noon. Now it starts.

Lil0 - sure hope the weather cooperates with your gardening plans. Enjoy seeing your daughter today.

Poirot - it is a good sign your son is hungry. Still, being alone with this flu means order anything from Amazon so it is delivered to your door. Hope he feels better soon.

Robin - your morning sounds lovely. Enjoy your new adventure, rest up, and soak up the sun.

Time to get busy here: chores, practices, etc. Make it a great day everyone.

Another beautiful day here. Sun and in the 70s. I've been in the flowerbed
two hours so far. I hope to be out at least another hour after my break.
Sunday rain later in the day now. I hope I can get out tomorrow too.

robin, sorry you missed the movie. I'll hope get to see it before
you leave.

Lil0, I hope the rain stopped so you could work outside.

I hope everyone has a good evening.

Good evening. Whew, a long and busy day here but it felt so good to turn my attention away from the nursing home for a change. My niece and I fed cows, then we drove to town for a late lunch, still in our work clothes. Went to a small-town cafe, where it is not uncommon to see people in work clothes. She had a hamburger, French fries, and buttermilk pie. I had nachos and pecan cobbler. Then we drove around town and I showed her a garage apartment where her mother had lived before she (my niece) was born.

I had forgotten about it all these many decades and until recently I didn't know whether it was still standing or if I could find it. My niece and I both are fascinated with old houses. Then we drove out on some country roads so I could show her a couple of old, mostly forgotten, cemeteries and some other things/places of interest to both of us. The weather was nice. We had a good day.

Hi Everybody! I hope that everyone had a fantastic day. Today was rather a disappointing day as I have been ill for the majority of the day. I went out this morning to do some grocery shopping but was not feeling well as the light was really bothering my eyes. I came home and I am really not feeling good and I skip lunch and take a short nap.

After my nap I had a bite to eat and started not feeling well again. So in bed I went, again. I did this for the majority of the day and skipped dinner too. I am not feeling 100% but definitely feeling a lot better than I did. I really had a stubborn headache that was making me feel nauseous, and no matter what I did to get rid of the headache, it did not work. It was the absolute worst.

Today the weather was gorgeous but the temperature was not. It was so sunny but it was windy and downright cold. This wind has been blowing for days, it needs to go. Right now it is clear and 32*F.

Wishing all of you a super Saturday. Sending each one of you so much happiness.

Uh oh, sounds like either the flu....oe perhaps a 24 hr stomach flu bug....hopefully, the latter...You didd the best thing,..rest. tea & toast is probably best....if you can eat.

OC....what a fun and enjoyable day for you at last! Glad you were able to take time for YOU finally.

Back