3/25/24 - Donuts & the Snowstorm continues

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Sheesh, the snow finally stopped falling during the night, but this morning, it is raging on....really coming down. Pine branches are really drooping from the weight of the snow, Plow was out, doing streets and driveways in this little area, my driveway was cleared....but you'd never know it now. Seems to be a much wetter snow today, and with the talk of perhaps rain in the forecast for tonight and/or tomorrow...and no wonder as the temp is 35 right now. Have dr. appt tomorrow.......but will call to cancel. There is a lot of snow already, and now is adding to it. They said 6-10". Looks like more than that. Take care folks....hope you all are doing much better.

Good morning....
we missed the largest part of the Severe weather yesterday only early morning thunderstorms right over head.... the evening ones were off in the distance so they weren't much of a concern for the big dog...... Wind we got, rain we got some, enough to make it difficult to find a semi dry spot to do business in if you are a picky poodle....
last nights dinner was amazing.... turkey, roasted brussels sprouts and potatoes..... with apple pie for desert..... all soft and able to be eaten with a torn up mouth..... now I have to figure out what to do for Easter dinner..... I know we will have chocolate something for desert..... and salad.... other than that.... no idea.... HB can't have ham (bad for his heart numbers), he doesn't like lamb (I love lamb) and we just had turkey.... I should have saved it for next week but wasn't thinking.... I have a couple of days to figure it out....
The beast of off for his yearly doctor's visit.... we get to have to vet's in town because this one doesn't do the Heartworm shot... and he won't take the pill and it's not worth it to me to stuff it down his throat every month.... he takes the flea pill just fine.... yes, he's weird....

Enjoy this Monday.....

It is currently 46 and sunny, but with the wind chill, feels much colder, even indoors. I feel guilty that I can't report we had snow!

Poirot - I am sorry you are getting slammed. Maybe some local kids can build a snowman that looks like the Easter Bunny for you, no kidding!!

Robin - All the food talk is making me drool. I do hope your Easter dinner works out nicely.

It's the last Monday of the month, enjoy!

1711383543843.png

I'm not sure when the rain started, but it's still raining. Unsure when it will stop. The front yard is soggy
and the ditch is flowing.

Busy morning at church. Spring break is over so I took Fenix out in the rain. I'm going to PT soon.

Poirot, I hope you won't have to go out for a few days.

robin, I'm glad you missed out on the severe weather. Good luck with Easter dinner.

Wilde Woman, enjoy the sunshine.

I hope everyone has a good afternoon.

Good afternoon everyone. Just a short trip to a church's small preschool this morning. This church is dark weathered gray stone with the driveway going through an arched portico on the side of the building. It looks so much like a medieval castle.

Poirot - please stay safe up there.

robinsnest - good luck trying to figure out what to make for Easter dinner. The only things I was going to suggest are things that HB can't have or would be too acidic with his hurt tongue.

WW - sunshine here, and I don't feel guilty one bit. :rotfl: Nasty rain will be back tomorrow.

kat - be careful with the rain and the ground that soggy. We don't want you to get sick or fall.

Northern lights maybe

Shifting conditions can make geomagnetic storms notoriously tricky to track and predict. But according to the current SWPC forecast, people in 14 states could see the Northern Lights tonight.

The aurora view line is dipping slightly lower than usual, covering Alaska and some of the northernmost areas of the lower 48. The list includes Washington, Idaho, Montana, Wyoming, North Dakota, South Dakota, Iowa, Minnesota, Wisconsin, and Michigan. In the Northeast, Upstate New York, northern Vermont, northern New Hampshire, and Maine are also within viewing range.

Egads, All this snow all over.......I went out for mail (in the car, street & driveway were plowed) it was RAINING! oNLY takes a few minutes, the mail boxes are less than a block away, lol. So after I am home, read the one piece of mail, lol....checked what I will fix for dinner, sit back down at desk.......look out side........it is now snowing! Weird............even tho they DID say winter storm til Tuesday.........after it stopped this morning......I thought ...oooh, glad they were wrong. Instead it was me reading the weather out there wrong. LOL Guess it will all be over when it is over, whever that will be.
Did all my laundry yesterday, should have waited til today. Ha. But, maybe now I can watch Days for today, not that it looks like it is a "can't miss" episode. LOL

Hello. I've been absent for a few days. Had a wonderful visit with my son and he fixed a few things for me, mostly electronic-type stuff. When Dish came and put me on the Hopper they removed the dish from my guest house so I no longer had tv out there. Son and I went to town and ate on Saturday so we went into Wal-Mart, where he got a Roku and installed it at the guest house. I don't think there's much on it I'd want to watch but that's okay since I'm not out there much. It's just another hassle for me to try to figure out anyhow and I'm still finding my home tv tiring to watch. I did figure out how to set up my favorites and record, etc., the basics, but I still can't do anything automatically on it. Every time I want to do anything--like change channel or any basic thing--I have to put on my reading glasses, turn on a lamp and try to remember all the steps involved. If I accidentally hit the wrong button it goes off into unknown territory. Oh well, point is, I'm not even close to being in a mood where I want to learn how to operate one more new thing! But the Roku in the guest house allows my kids to watch when they stay there. They can also watch streaming things in my house by using their own accounts.

That brings me to the phone call I got from my other son this morning. He and his family and my daughter and her family (except for her son, who lives and works in east Texas) are planning to come here on Saturday and go to church with me on Sunday morning, then leave for home from there. He thought I already knew (thought his sister had told me) lol..... No, a total surprise to me. Of course I'm thrilled but I've got to try to make some order out of the chaos in my house (and guest house), and get some beds ready. My niece is coming today to put some moth balls around the hole the skunk has dug out to go and come from under the guest house. I just ordered some Bad Air Sponges to put out there, IF the moth balls do drive the skunk out. The list goes on. I have to pick one day and go somewhere to get laundry detergent and other things. Maybe tomorrow.

I'm glad the bad weather split and went either side of us. We had clouds but no rain or anything besides wind, which goes on and on. Yesterday I literally had trouble walking from my car to the house after church. Hasn't been that bad today but a cold front did come through a couple of hours ago. Sexton, probably the one that's headed your way.

Thinking of all of you with your extreme weather conditions and other problems. Be as safe and comfortable as possible.

OC, thanks for popping in. I'm glad your son helped with some of your tech issues. Enjoy Easter with your family.

rs, I'm glad you had a short drive today.

robin, interesting about the Northern lights.

Back