3/26/24 - Donuts, rain AND snow

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
So, let's see.......In the wee morning hours it began to rain. 6:30, still raining.....on top of the nearly foot of snow on the ground. And around 8 a.m. snow flakes began. Not much, til 15 minutes later, and they became huge snowflakes. Tis windy, they are blowing every which way, and now, another 15 min. later (8:30) my windows have lovely, icy, snowy designs, the screens are covered.with the flakes, and it all looks very wet, and very icy. Current temp is 32, humidity is 99%. It is too yukky for words. I hope schools are closed, it is awful out. Have heard nothing on radio, tho about closing. the blowing snow hits the windows, and drips down like raindrops dp. Yikes.we probably won't get mail, I tell ya.......it is NASTY out there. No word if this is to be all day. Hope you all are having a nicer day. Take care. ...

Wow, I hope you don't have to go out in this, Poirot!! Stay home, and cozy, and safe.
Rain here. We had power outage for about an hour last night. Strange -- because no wind. Just rain. Apparently a tree fell across a power line. Anyway, all is well this morning.
I'm in touch with another family in Ukraine. The bombing has intensified and they are desperate to get to safe ground. I have been able to arrange housing for them [a family of 6] but I'm still seeking sponsors. A few people in my congregation are "thinking" about it. Hopefully, I will soon line up enough sponsors and this family can get to safety.

Good morning... we are a balmy 28 this morning.... with 9 mph sustained wind from the north..... sometime today magical things happen and the wind will come from the south and it will be windier but warmer.... thank you Gulf of Mexico......
Vinnie is at the groomer and day care..... he was so very excited to be with his friends.

Lil0 good luck with getting a sponsor for the family....

Poirot stay warm, stay safe......

Happy Tuesday....

I swear I am gonna close all the blinds on the windows, as it is just toooo nasty out. Watching the snowstorm blow around, aiming at the ground, you can barely see. Gad I hope no one is out in this.....Again........bless all the police, medics, fire dept. who have to be ready to go in an instant. No luxury of staying in, or having workplace closed for the day. Yep, they are saying this is an all day storm..........and NO, am not venturing even a toe out the door.

Good morning everyone. We're on the other side of the nasty storm from Poirot and are getting high winds and heavy rain. I can hear the water dripping in the corner of the ceiling in my office. I sure hope my basement is dry.

Made a mad dash to Walmart before the storm got too bad. We're celebrating all of the March birthdays in the services department, and it was my turn to buy the cupcakes.

The videos of the bridge falling are so scary. I can't even imagine what it was like to be there. Prayers going up for the victims, their families, and all of the emergency personnel.

Squirrel, cupcakes and birthday celebrations sound like a nice diversion from the nasty weather and all the bed things happening, such as the bridge.

Poirot, I sometimes close my curtains to try to block weather-related depression. Getting the kind of weather you've had for several days now would probably be one of those times for me. I thought I'd heard it might stop by today but that isn't sounding likely, from what you're saying.

Robin, I love the cute avatar! I saw a funny thing on tv the other day. They were showing a playground for dogs that are introverts. (I think it was on tv. It wasn't something someone posted on here, was it)? Anyway, the dogs were keeping wide spaces apart from each other and practically clinging to their people persons. If any ventured out at all, it was to seek out another human, not another dog.

Lil0, glad you got your power back. Your ministry to Ukranian families is remarkable and I hope much appreciated. So many hurting people in this world today, it's refreshing to hear of some finding relief.

My plans aren't going exactly as expected. My daughter called yesterday to tell me she and her family are not going to be able to come this weekend after all. Some work interference and other factors. But my oldest son and his family are still planning to come. This probably takes care of one issue, in that they can all sleep in my house so the guest house won't be needed. My niece did put out some moth balls next to the entrance hole though, and she thinks the skunk is no longer around because there are no tracks or disturbances to the dirt since the last rain. Good point. She also put a Bad Air Sponge inside and so far, that's all I can smell when I go in there now.

I had planned to go to town today to get some things from Wal-Mart but I had a bad night, awake for hours, then slept late. It wouldn't have been safe for me to drive. I felt like a bear coming out of hibernation after being disturbed prematurely. So I'll try to pick up some things in the city tomorrow when I go for a routine checkup with the skin doctor. My niece will go and drive for me. It will take most of the day.

It's cloudy and only in the 40s. I walked later than usual this morning since it was cold and windy. Tomorrow
it will be colder in the AM, but no wind.

This morning, I had my haircut. I'm switching to Tuesdays so I can go to church on Mondays and have Tuesdays
at home since it's summary day. Tomorrow I'll be extra busy. Bible study again. My brother's tax return done and
I have to go in the opposite direction for that. I'm going to stop at home after Bible study. Take dog out and
get returns before I eat.

Poirot, I hope you're doing ok in the winter storm. I would close the curtains and turn on more lights. I play
music all day.

Lil0, I hope you find sponsors for the family.

robin, I hope your day going well with Vinnie at doggie care.

rs, I hope your basement is dry. Safe drive home later.

OC, sorry your daughter and family won't be coming this weekend. I hope your sleep will get better.

I hope everyone has a dandy rest of the day.

I am jealous!!!! :)

The sun came out this afternoon, but I'm under a freeze warning tonight.

I've got sun and wind..... and I got to spend time at Costco as the pharmacy in Scottsdale filled the prescription not the pharmacy in Wichita.... so we had lunch and sat people watching while the Pharmacy had lunch and then returned to fill the prescription.... another hard freeze tonight then it's supposed to warm up but I'm not sure I believe it.....

Will go get the beast in a bit.... I need a nap... that won't happen, I'm sure....

Hey, Muzz! Did you know about this????
OPEN CASTING CALL
1f3ac.png
⭐

THE ABANDONS is a NETFLIX 1850s Western TV series that will start Filming in Calgary and surrounding areas May 14th - October 17th, 2024We are looking for authentic-looks, unique character faces, hard-working types, blue collar looks, blacksmiths, rancher types, labourer types, butchers, upscale affluent looks & amputees.
Looking for men, women, & children 8 - 80 years of age. Open to all Ethnicities Caucasian, First Nations, Black, Asian & Hispanic
In Person - Casting Call info: Double Tree by Hilton Calgary North
Address: 2120 16 Avenue NE Calgary, Alberta
Room: Cascade Room
Date: Saturday April 6 from 10am - 6pm
If you are unable to attend the casting call you can email Classic Casting a current photo and your contact information to: abandons.extras@gmail.com

Back