3-28-2019 - Donuts & Birthdays

Noel

Reaction score
Happy Birthday Red Squirrel!!!!

b4ced67ee79b95d508f64a0e838b2ad7--squirrel-cake-squirrel-food.jpg

Wishing you an extra special birthday filled with love, joy, laughter and wonderful surprises!

Last edited by a moderator:
Queen lilliput here filling in for M.......M.........Muz.......Muzzaman (where ever did he get that name. Not very royal, if you ask me and you didn't but I'm the Queen and my opinion and decree shall be heard - the queen puts her thumbs to side of her temples, twinkling her fingers and sticks her tongue out at everyone). Speaking of decrees, I decree that we all take pause, turn to the direction of Pennsylvania and cheerfully wish Salem Spectators own @redsquirrel a very happy birthday. My royal observers tell me RS, for short, is nothing short of amazing. The work she does with the visually impaired is so compassionate and gives of her time so willingly that she puts the needs of others before herself, drives in what I hear are horrendous conditions.

We should all be so lucky to have a Red Squirrel in our lives. In fact the Red Squirrel was a gift from us to North America, I believe............when I say gift, stowed away on a ship and accidentally brought to the New World. Some interesting facts about this day in history, her story, in PEOPLES history.

1774, Britain passes the Coercive Act against rebellious Massachusetts.
1854, Britain and France declared war on Russia
1864, a group of Copperheads attack Confederate soldiers in Charlseton, Illinois. 5 were killed 20 wounded.
1895, there were just two cars in the entire state of Ohio but these two cars somehow managed to get into Ohios first car accident and crashed into each other. Luckily cars were slow and no one was injured
1920 Palm Sunday tornado outbreak of 1920 affects the Great Lakes region and Deep South states.
1922 Stanley Cup Final, Mutual Street Arena, Toronto, ON: Toronto St Patricks (NHL) beat Vancouver Millionaires (PCHA), 5-1 for a 3-2 series win
1939 Philip Barry's "Philadelphia Story" premieres in NYC
1948 2nd Tony Awards: Mister Roberts win

So many events happened today and more can get found here https://www.onthisday.com/today/events.php

Myself, my royal bloodline, my country and the entire Commonwealth wish you the happiest of birthdays. Today we say in solidarity, "God Save the Red Squirrel".

Good morning everyone.

Thank you for the gorgeous red squirrel cake, Noel. It is amazing!

Muzzaman, thank you for the very kind words and birthday wishes from you and the Queen. You're just too sweet to an old lady.

Thank you, Poirot! The squirrel cake is too darn cute! He looks like he had a little too much bubbly. Hmmm, that will probably be me after going out with the work gang at 4:30. We're doing lunch, too, but no "adult beverages" allowed then since we have to go back to work.

They're teasing me at work that if there were one more 6 at the end of my age then I'd be the "Evil One"...666. When I was younger, I thought I'd never reach this age.

Miracles never cease.....we had a high of 58 yesterday, with weak sun, tho very windy. Amazingly, about 3/4 of the snow is now gone, and woke up to 34, which means not much freezing overnight....(Don't ask me about weekend forecast, yuk). LOL
Sun is out now...fingers are being crossed. The road crews lucked out for the projects, one major 4 lane hwy. began Monday, the other will begin this coming monday.

Happy Birthday RS - stay healthy and enjoy your day! Your cakes are to cute to cut into!

Muzz what beautiful greetings and happenings from the queen. You are so kind!

Little colder today and rainy but they keep saying we are going to have a good weekend.

Have a great day today - everyone!

An exceptionally full day here. My niece and I were out all day, penning cattle and patching fences. It was cloudy, windy, dusty, around 70*. Cowboy coming first thing tomorrow. We got all but two of my niece's cows (with their babies) and all but one of mine, which wants in the pen, probably has a kid in there, but she won't cooperate, just stands and looks across the fence, then runs off if we get close.

Hoping everyone has a good night, and the frozen thaws.

Back