3/28/2024 - Donuts & Birthdays

Happy Birthday, red squirrel

9bc0c9aaa89ec5e915bbe60025c24006.jpg

Happy Happy Birthday, RS!! Hope you get spoiled today Some people who you share your birthday are Lady Gaga, Lucy Lawless, Reba. On this day in history,

1790 - John Tyler, the 10th President of the U.S. was born
1807 - Wilhelm Olbers a german astronomer, discovered the minor planet, Vesta
1918, Walmart founder was born
2017 - The world's largest dinosaur print was found.

Have a good day all

It's sunny and will be in the 60s.

This afternoon, I'm going to the Broadway show Aladdin.

rs, I hope you're having a wonderful birthday.

Thank you for the beautiful birthday wishes, cakes, and photos.

This is always a day for me to think about my ancestors and all of the coincidental meetings, arrangements, etc. that led to my being here. I also marvel that I'm related to so many who made historic contributions. (They're all through my Dad's side.)

William Shakespeare - 3rd cousin once removed
George Washington - 4th cousin 8 times removed (also related to 10 more US Presidents)
Benjamin Franklin - 5th cousin 9 times removed
Abraham Lincoln - 10th cousin 3 times removed
Charles Dickens - 7th cousin 7 times removed
Susan B Anthony - 10th cousin 3 times removed
Emily Dickinson - 7th cousin 3 times removed
Ludwig van Beethoven - 7th cousin 5 times removed
John Wayne - 8th cousin once removed
Queen Elizabeth II - 11th cousin twice removed
Princess Diana - 8th cousin once removed
Shirley Temple - 9th cousin (Yep, I'm named for her)
Elvis Presley - 10th cousin
Helen Keller - 10th cousin
Lucille Ball - 10th cousin
Walt Disney - 12th cousin twice removed
Fred Rogers - 13th cousin
My Great Grandfather - a Medal of Honor recipient for his heroic actions during the US Civil War

My goodness........maybe WE are related, as I seem to remember a couple of those ancestors. I will have to try and find the thing my cousin did........she is gone now, so cannot ask. I know we go way back to before Civil War. Will try to find it.
But YOU really have a fantastic and very interesting family history. RS......

Wow, Squirrel, your ancestry is incredible! What fun to know about all those people being in your tree. I wonder if others of us might have some interesting ones but we just don't know about it. I doubt I do. I sure don't know of anybody except Tallulah Bankhead and a famous Dallas Cowboys player from the early days but I won't name him because he's still alive. Most branches of my family have been here since before the Revolutionary War but I don't know of any who were famous.

Well, I thought I had wished you a happy birthday, Squirrel. I got on here this morning and intended to but once again, I guess I got side tracked. I hope you're having a good day. I like the way you spend some time thinking about all the people who made up some part of your life. Having a g-grandfather who got the Medal of Honor is a real special honor.

Kat, sounds like you had a fun afternoon--I hope.

Muzz, I always enjoy reading the fun facts you come up with.

Poirot, I'm so glad you got to see some sunshine. I'm trying to imagine no wind.

I like seeing all the fun cakes. Thanks to everyone who does that.

In truth, the wind wasn't too bad here today. It was a sunny, nice day. The wind is getting back up a little though, and will be bad tomorrow. I had to put on a jacket when I went to the mailbox a little while ago. I did my good deed for the day. A little butterfly was stuck in the bottom of a narrow plastic "box" so I turned it upside down and shook it out. I spent the morning in the kitchen, have kinda been spinning my wheels this afternoon. Keep running into little things to stop and do, not accomplishing much. Got to get some supper now and wash up some dishes from this morning.

Back