3-29-2019 - Donuts & Friday!

Noel

Reaction score
207520ff7e4ea3eca3706dfe4cf7c53e.gif

Boogie on as we celebrate the last work day of the week! Who else is ready to sleep in Saturday morning?!

There is some old song lyric running thru my head this a.m.......There'll be a change in the weather..............and yep. Thank goodness not as bad as the 9° the weatherman said, but, this a.m. is 20* here. Yep, that warm front that stopped by for 36 hrs. is gone, took a lot of snow with it. But.....what remains is froze again. :)
Saw a bunch of birds yesterday, no idea what, just was glad to see birds. LOL
I finally was able to get my hair cut on Wednesday, which was lucky, because there were no openings Thursday or Friday. And got a shock, as the shop is closing down completely. Today is the last day it will be open. Guess I have to find another place now. I truly hate this, hard to find someone who is able to do what one likes. sigghhhh.
Sun is out, yayyyy!. Have a good day............

The rain/thunderstorms aren't happening today. It's going to be partly cloudy
and I hope in the 60s.

This morning, I'm finishing up my tax return. I spent a lot of time yesterday
trying to get an answer on something new this year. No one at IRS could or
would help me. I couldn't find anything on the web site either. Maybe next
year everything will be up to date.

Since it's not raining today, I'll be going outside after lunch. I need to finish
trimming the butterfly bush. Then I'll work in the flowerbed.

Noel, happy Friday to you. I wish I could sleep late. Lately, I'm waking up early.

rk, I'm glad you got to the doctor's yesterday.

Poirot, sorry your hairdresser is closing. I hope you won't have to drive far to
find someone else.

Wishing everyone a good Friday.

count me in on looking forward to sleeping in on Saturday.... Sunday Hunny Bunny has planned a road trip to Tucson...... while I enjoy spending the day with the mentor.... and understand why we are going.... really??? he just can't get to it during the week when I have a more substantial reason to say no thank you I don't want to sit in the car for hours when I could be home...... but oh well.......
I so want to work on my new trees get them into their new homes.... repot some of my existing trees.... so much to do..... but I doubt I'll get it all done Saturday....

rk good news you had a chance to talk with your doctor..... with spring coming around eventually for some of you.... that should help too..... and you will be moving soon.... so many exciting things to look forward to.....

off to the exciting world of signing up folks for child care....

Good morning. The cowboy is on his way. Not exactly first thing but I understand he has other things to do. I've done all I can do so now I'll just hang around and see how it all shakes out.
The mower guy showed up late yesterday so my yard isn't as snaky as it was.
Rk, I'm glad you saw your doctor and you are feeling some better after asking your questions.
Kat, it's pretty bad when the IRS can't/won't help you with your questions. Long ago, I got audited one time and I was surprised at how little the lady who did it seemed to know.
Noel and Robin, and all you others who go out to jobs, enjoy your weekend. Enjoy it enough for me. Weekends can be depressing for me. The week flies by, then the weekend drags.
Poirot, stay in off that ice, if you can. Hope it melts soon.
Okay, the cowboy just passed by. I'll check back later.

Morning Everyone,
It's a crazy busy day at the office, but it sure makes the day fly by. Gena is spending the day baking with my sister-in-law, they are baking mini blueberry bundt cakes, for dessert tonight.

Noel - yay to sleeping in tomorrow.
Poirot - I agree it was cold this morning, I had icy windows today. Aw, cute baby.
RK - I'm glad you had a chance to talk to your doctor.
Robin - enjoy the time with your trees.
Kat - taxes are frustrating, I feel you pain.
OC - I hope the cowboy is able to complete everything you need done.

Have a wonderful day!

Weather update.. it's raining now so I won't get outside like I planned. There might be
thunderstorms
too. I'll work more on my tax return. I was putting down in ink and I
found a couple of errors. I need to more checking.

manda, tell Gena we all want some of the cake.

OC, I understand about the weekend. Since Days isn't on, the afternoons go slowly.

robin, I hope you find sometime over the weekend to replant your trees.

Noel I love the cat - I'm so looking forward to the weekend.

Poirot - maybe the birds are a good sign! I hate having to find someone else to cut my hair.

RK - I'm glad you got to talk to your doctor!

Kat - oh so sorry the rain came! I was just visually seeing you out trimming and now your stuck inside.

Robin - I hope you get to play with your new trees tomorrow! You so deserve it.

OC - I'm glad the cowboy showed up, maybe he can find your missing cow. I'm glad your lawn guy came - I was thinking about the snakes!

have a great day

It's such a relief to be finished with the cows for now. We won't be feeding often now either. I went down early this morning and discovered why that one cow was on the outside and acting spooky. She had a tiny baby calf with her today! I couldn't get close enough to see whether it was newly born. She could have already had it yesterday and maybe had it bedded down somewhere or she may have had it overnight. She and the calf had disappeared by the time the cowboy got here. We didn't make any attempt to find them but that's okay. She'll get back with the herd now.

Kat, sorry you got rained out--or rained in.

Poirot, sweet picture of Drake Hogestyn and the baby. I wonder if it is his grandbaby.

Shan and Manda, enjoy your weekend. I know Manda will have some yummy dessert!

Last edited:
Back