3-3-2016 - Donuts and fresh OJ

Good morning. Robin, how kind of hunny bunny and Mr. Gus. I hope it wipes out that crud completely!

I woke up early again with another migraine. I think this incessant wind is stirring up trouble for me. It changes direction, back and forth, north and south, but doesn't let up for long. I spent a couple of hours out in it--and the weeds--yesterday, which probably didn't help. But hey, I had a really fun outing with a couple of friends who grew up here as my nearest neighbors. They are five years younger than I am but we share a lot of memories. We went to two old, old cemeteries and drove the back roads looking for other landmarks. My kind of fun. Hope we get to do it again sometime.

I'm supposed to go get a haircut at noon. I'd like to cancel but with home health people coming three days a week, I have to fit things in when I can. Wishing everyone a nice day!

Good Morning Everyone,

I'm a little bit sore this morning from hauling in and sorting through Girl Scout Cookies. Gena ended up selling 336 boxes. I still have more orders to sort, but I got through all the orders that needed to go to work today (either mine or my husband's). I must say I'm really glad she didn't get to 600 like she wanted to earn an American Girl Doll. I wouldn't have room in my house for that many cookies.

We have a troop meeting tonight, with a Junior Girl Scout coming to do a presentation/training on pet care. I think the girls will really like having another Girl Scout lead, and it will count towards 2 badges. :)

Robin - fresh juice, yum.

OC - Enjoy your haircut, it's such a refreshing feeling.

Good morning everyone,

Been really busy the past few days, so much that I missed out on the gym a lot. Yesterday I did meet with my personal trainer, and as a result, I'm really sore today.

It rained for a few days and we had some 50sF and 60sF weather, but the skies cleared (thanks to wind) and now it's cold again. They say we may get some snow tonight. :angry::angry:

Spring break starts on Monday (thank goodness), so I'll have more time for the gym and writing my blog.

Hope all of you are doing well.

Good morning.........just a quick hi.......will be leaving for town in just a bit, and have several errands, plus some shopping, after dr. office. In the 20s, they are talking snow, and then a warm up into 30s, maybe 40s. Never knew PA was so warm in the winter. Lucky folks.

Good Morning my friends!

It's another hot day in the Valley of the Sun. The weather people are predicting a "cool down" for one day..........."maybe" "sorta" and "kinda". With such certainty who cannot rejoice?!

A busy day of baking croissants, bread and rolls. I have not been grocery shopping in two weeks so I need to supplement the pantry. Good thing I had stocked up on soup and frozen food last month!

ROBIN: let's toast to OJ wiping out the crud! Sure hope you rest and feel much better today.

OC: a haircut can do wonders for a woman's attitude -- hope you love your 'new do'.

MANDA: congrats on your Girl Scout cookie sales. Hope the girls' meeting is a great one.

DAYS: wishing you a quick Spring.

POIROT: safe travels around town and a positive report from your doctor.

Take care everyone and enjoy your Thursday.

More rain this morning. It's cleared off this afternoon. Busy morning
go to the adult center working on the wage class I'm taking. I've finished
what I was supposed to do, but I need to learn some computer programs
that might help me get a job.

robin and Noel, I hope your flu is almost over.

manda, Gena sold a lot of cookies.

I hope everyone enjoys the rest of the day.

I wish I had some Girl Scout cookies, only Samoas or whatever they are called. Girl Scouts around here are like catching a leprechaun.

I am kind of stuck in a zone today. Tomorrow I will have to rush to get everything great for my oldest daughter to come home.

Actually she is coming Saturday morning only to leave immediately for the airport as she goes on spring break to New York but she is only going for four days. I do not know why she chose there, what they will do. I am going to give her my credit card and wish her the best time ever.

Good day to you all.

OC - your outing sounds like fun to me too! My daughter and I love going to old cemeteries and walking around. Traveling the old back roads the loggers use are really fun also!

Robin - enjoy your day home and I hope the OJ works!

Manda - Gena did awesome on her sale! Does she go to camp this summer?

Days - sounds like you have been really busy. I know my daughter is looking forward to spring break also!

Noel - all your baking made me really really hungry. That is my biggest downfall, breads!

Overcast and in between rain storms that are coming in from Canada for the weekend - yuck

Shannon

Hi everyone. It is in the high 20s here, and spitting snow. In a few days, we're to have temps in the 70s. No wonder I can't get rid of this pneumonia. Doc put me on another Z-Pak (azithromycin) today to follow immediately with the refill (11 days of the antibiotic) to try to keep from getting worse with this coming weather.

Congratulations to Gena for selling that huge number of boxes of cookies!

Sending wishes for the rest of the sickies to feel better.

Prayers continue for everyone.

Guess I better get back to work.

Shan - I'm not sure that Gena's quite ready to go to camp just yet, maybe a day camp. She's always even nervous to sleep at Grandma's house. We'll see what happens though as in a few weeks she'll be going with my mom and step-dad to Indiana to some shop to make a customized doll for her birthday present from my parents. When I first brought up the trip to her, you'd have thought I was trying to make her move out or something. She acted like it was the end of the world. She's a wonderfully dramatic 6 year old. I can't wait for her to be a teenager. :rolleyes:

I must say, I'm very proud of her for selling so many cookies. And she was a good little trooper in helping me carry them into the house, signing the thank you notes, and helping me sort orders. And overall, our troop did very well. I think we sold as a troop $3000 or so worth of cookies. Each girl earned free registration for next year.

YPG, look in the phone book or online directory. There should be a phone
number for the main Girl Scout office. The one in my town usually
puts up a sign outside when it's cookie time.

Good afternoon. Annabelle did well at her livestock show. She got second place in her class. They grouped the gilts (girl pigs) by age rather than weight this time so we don't know exactly how much her pig weighs. She got 8 dollars for placing second. It was the county-wide show. We're not going onto the state show. That's a terminal, must-sell your animal show. We've got two registered gilts, so we're going to look at breeding them. But overall, her experience was positive and she gained a lot more confidence with her pig, so I think she'll probably show again.

We also got the girls signed up for summer t-ball/softball. They'll have the same coaches as they had last summer. Not sure if that's a good or bad thing yet. Hubby has almost finished up our shower re-do, so maybe by next week I'll be able to use my own shower instead of sharing the girls' bathroom. I've got so much catching up to do on Donuts, so I hope everyone has been doing well.

Hi all... Stayed in the 20s all day, and we get snow tomorrow.....I guess most of the day. Glad I made town today. Jealous of anyone getting a haircut, I have tried and tried. But either the gal is full up, or the shop is closed...Grrrrrr. I have been chopping at my hair myself, not a good thing, but started with bangs, which were too long. It is so dry in the winter that I get to looking like I just came in from a windstorm. Stickin' out all over. I think Scarecrow in Wizard of Oz looks better. LOL

So here is one for the books. Saturday afternoon, cops stopped a woman who was speeding (downstate , here in wisconsin, near Madison), and her excuse was she was late to her final AA meeting. And that had been part of a sentence she got a couple months ago for OWI (operating while intoxicated), and speeding. She also was OWI, driving after revocation, did not have her ignition lock on (you know, where you cannot start your car til you do the breathlyzer thing, and the car will not start at all if you fail that.)
Plus...the license on her car had also expired. And she kept protesting that she was late for that AA meeting, had to get there. LOL

Good going, Annabelle, with the show pig! I'd much rather keep the gilt for breeding than to go on and have to sell her. I didn't ever do show animals but I think it must be hard for the kids to spend so much time with their animals and then have to sell them.

I am pleased with my haircut. Am letting it grow out a bit but got it shaped into more of a bob--letting the layers grow out. Poirot, your description of your hair sounds just like how I was feeling about mine! Hope you can get a cut soon, or else I hope you are better at whacking at your hair than I am at mine. :eek: Funny about that woman and her AA meeting. Sounded like she maybe needed to sober up before going to it. I never heard of the lock and the breathlyzer thing, and I can't figure out the "O" in OWI. I'm only familiar with DWI and DUI.

Manda, doing so well in selling the cookies seems pretty remarkable, for a child who is reluctant to stay overnight away from home. Just my opinion, but six seems a little young for a long stay at camp anyway. I bet she'll enjoy day camp, if she does that.

Squirrel, oh dear, I hope that Z-pac does the trick!

Operating while intoxicated. I wish I knew the difference between that and Driving under the influence, and Driving while intoxicated. Maybe there are degrees of it?? LOL

As to the lock, oh, I read about that a lot. They put it on vehicles belonging to someone who has received a couple....2 or 3...drunk driving citations, in addition to fines, and other penalties.

Thanks. I never would have figured that out! I don't know the differences either. I just thought it was called different things in different states. Here where I live, I've only ever heard it called DWI, but legally, it could be something else, for all I know.

The lock sounds like a good idea, but maybe not so successful, if that lady could disable hers.

Started snowing right now!:angry::angry:

Poirot, usually PA is not warm in winter at all, but this winter was delayed (December was quite warm, even had some days in January that way), but then some cold/snow really set in, and then just average temps. However, they did say we'd have an earlier-than-normal spring.

Got a B on an essay for the Intro to Int'l Studies class and then an A on a project in that class. No grades for anything else yet.

Shan - I'm not sure that Gena's quite ready to go to camp just yet, maybe a day camp. She's always even nervous to sleep at Grandma's house. We'll see what happens though as in a few weeks she'll be going with my mom and step-dad to Indiana to some shop to make a customized doll for her birthday present from my parents. When I first brought up the trip to her, you'd have thought I was trying to make her move out or something. She acted like it was the end of the world. She's a wonderfully dramatic 6 year old. I can't wait for her to be a teenager. :rolleyes:
I meant day camp when I mentioned camp! My daughter went to day camp when she was 6; very frightening for her at first but she did and loved it. She learned so many adorable songs and still sings them to her daughter.

Back