3/30/2020 - Donuts and Stubborn Turkeys

Got some sunshine here today at last, after the very grey, dark, rainy weekend. OC, maybe you could not put out the bird seed for a few days???? Easy pickins for the turkeys with all that good food just sitting there. LOL

A gloomy day here. Tues the same. Hopefully, I can get out Wed and work
in the flowerbed. Even though I had Mar showers, April showers start on Fri
and will last through next week. Hopefully, I can get out in between the rain.

My cat is feeling better. I noticed yesterday he was walking with a limp.
I'm not sure if the shot caused it since it was in that leg or something
else. He's eating and he went outside for a bit today.

Interesting shenanigans at the bird basket. Today at feeding time, the
other pair of finches came by. I don't understand if they want mom to
hurry up and leave or what.

Poirot, I'm glad you're getting sunshine.

OC, I hope you're keeping busy inside today.

I hope everyone is doing well during this time.

Darn, my governor is speaking again halfway through Days. I may have
to start watching the show the day after it's on.

Afternoon Everyone,
The sun is shiny and bright today. Today I finally took advantage of the free meals the school district is giving out for the kids, they added the school just up the road so we can get there and back in less than 5 minutes, so I don't even have to clock out for that. That should help with the grocery bill a little. Today Gena got chicken nuggets, a pear, carrots and milk for lunch, and a banana muffin, milk and apple juice for breakfast tomorrow.
I made a quick trip the the local Dollar Store yesterday and got some stuff for the Girl Scout Troop to have earn a badge at home on their own. I'm thinking it will be a gardening badge as I got the supplies to make little closed terrariums, i just need to find seeds or plants to go in them.

OC - those are some brave turkeys.
Poirot - I'm glad you have sunshine too.
Kat - Great news that your kitty is feeling better, and that you have the birds to entertain you.

Have a great day!

Hi everyone!!

I am still going to work every day. Hubby too. My oldest daughter, who is an occupational therapist, has seen a decline in her patients by over half. My youngest is a waitress so she has been off work two weeks already with no pay. I am sure Mama and Daddy are going to have to give them a little boost soon. But maybe not depending on when the stimulus check arrives for them.

It has been SOOOOO hard not seeing my Piper! I am used to them coming over every Sunday. Miss that little chunk! She is crawling now and has two teeth and I think she is working on a couple more.

How is everyone faring thru this crazy time?

Morning/Afternoon..... Stubborn Turkeys and Puppies who are vampires........

apparently Vinnie doesn't believe in sleeping at night...... who knew puppies don't like to sleep alone?? LOL

Little charmer has a doctor's appointment today. Curbside service the entire exam goes on without me there....Via a phone call.....I'd like to stand inside the building but nope..... the Vet I normally use is on quarantine all the symptoms I guess.....

Other than than reading books, rolling balls watching a viscous dog attack them.... the growls are terrifying.... really LOL new rule no tv until 5 pm DAYS is allowed but I don't watch live as it's soooooooooo not worth my time.....but then I refuse to allow HB to go to the cable news channels... I've had enough talking heads about this virus.....

Noel... if you are reading.... hope you are feeling better..... weather is getting warmer... this week....

Happy Monday all...

Guarantee you, Days is worth the time today, esp. the 2nd half!

I am supposed to go the acct office, and have just put it off, and put it off. Even the banks are closed, except drive up windows. Schools were to go back April 6th, got changed to 4/14, now is 4/27. No idea why the changes.

Hi everyone!

Well unless something changes I'll be working remotely until June 10th. The Governor just issued a stay-at-home order and I'm not essential personnel. My husband will still have to work because he is essential personnel. My brother and sister-in-law are both essential personnel so I will be watching my niece tomorrow because my mom is recovering from a kidney stone that took her 5 days to pass.

OC, with as far out as you live you could get you a turkey to roast and no one would know:rotfl:Bet they would stop showing up and eating the bird seed if you ate one of their friends. Then again probably not because turkeys are dumb. One chased my car one time.

kat, glad your cat is doing better.

manda, glad you were able to take part in the free meals for Gena.

Jammers, glad you are doing well. Your daughter that is a waitress is definitely going to have a rough time with everything going on.

robin, I need to go back and read older posts because this is the first I'm reading about a new puppy.

My dad had to take my mom back to the ER today because of her kidney stone and they wouldn't let him come in with her.

Hope everyone is having a good day!

Patrika Darbo (Nancy Wesley) posted about the same thing......She was terrified, throwing up, coughing up blood, did not think it was the virus, and knew hospitals overwhelmed there in CA. Called Urgent Care, they said go to ER RIGHT NOW! She did, but her husband was not allowed in, had to stay in car, just let her out. (It was a bleeding ulcer, which they fixed in surgery, sent her home next day). But boy, when they say lockdown, they are not kidding.

Well, I ran out to the accnt office, and learned I was wrong about the snow being gone, Yes, still piles here and there, shady spots, huge amounts in parking lots. I tried to take my huge Christmas wreath to the dumpster, and the needles were finally turning brown. It was soooo full the lid was unable to be down all the way! Usually the garbage truck is here on Thursdays, so no idea but boy, it was overfilled. So, wreath still in car. There are some ornaments, ribbon and pine cones on it, maybe I should try and get them off. ??

Back