3/4/19 - Donuts and Cinnamon Raisin Toast and PB

M

Muzzaman

Good morning everyone. Today is our last cold day......... supposedly. February was the coldest month in 83 years or something like that. All I know is February was cold and glad that it is over.

The last weekend of the play was great. After the final performance on Saturday it was back to our place for the cast and crew party and any guests that came to see the show. Lots of food and karaoke.

Now it's back to work and feel like I could use one more day off to relax and just enjoy. It'll be an early night for me tonight. No volleyball, no rehearsals. Looking forward to it.

Have a nice day everyone

We got more snow overnight so schools are closed today. I'll be getting out soon
taking Goldie for a walk. It's 7 with windchill of -5. We won't be out long.

I'm getting a haircut this morning. The place is in my subdivision so no long trip
for me.
She lives in subdivision across the highway. I hope she's there.

I cleaned house yesterday. My big plan this morning is email people that
I need to write to.

Muzzaman, I'm glad you had a good weekend. Enjoy your Monday.

I hope everyone has a the best day they possibly can.

Good morning everyone. We ended up with almost 6 inches of snow here, and it is currently 17*F with little to no wind chill. It is supposed to go down to 0*F tonight.

I'm stuck in the office doing reports all week. I have to get out sometime to buy tickets for a dinner theater show "Always...Patsy Cline" that is a fundraiser for one of the local historical societies.

Muzza - You have such a jam packed full schedule! I'm glad the play was a success.

kat - Yikes! That's colder than here. Goldie may make that a very short walk.

Oh, yum on the cinnamon raisin toast......I would go out and buy a loaf right now if it was not 20 below zero! Yes, that's right. I think that is about 28 below C. Yuk! We also had out coldest Feb., and our snowiest. Weather person says by Wed. we should be "warming" up, whatever that means. I guess above zero and into mid teens. Ha. Sun is out, don't know what good that is, when so cold. Muzza, glad all went well, and know everyone had a good time.
I do have just a couple errands today, but should be quick.
That said, Wednesday begins Lent, Ash Wed., By Sat./Sunday that evil Daylight Savings begins.
Yesterday we reached a high of 2°, Today they say we might get up to 8, and only down to just 2below tonight.. Ahhh, is spring really just a couple weeks away? Ha.

Good morning.
I am so sorry to hear that so many are still dealing with this extreme winter. I can't imagine how difficult it must be to keep up the battle. Still getting frosty nights here but day time temps are into the 40s. I think we are even going to hit 50 at some point this week. Makes me start thinking about gardening!!
Lots of chores to take care of today.
Have a good Monday.

Good morning everyone!

Muzza, hope you have an easy day at work after such a busy weekend.

Kat, enjoy your haircut and stay warm.

Rs, hope you can take a break from all the reports to sneak out and get your tickets.

Poirot, -20 is crazy cold. Stay warm in those temperatures. I couldn’t imagine it being that cold. Neither could my heat pump:rotfl:

Lil0, good luck with your chores.

The sun popped out for a minute. I wish it would stay out and dry up all this water. I don’t need my mud watered anymore.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

IamRed, you don't need your mud watered. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Lil0, it's hard to imagine today, but yes, gardening time will be upon you quickly.

Poirot, I can't even think how you can go out in those conditions. Horrible. Daylight Savings already? NOOOOO!!!!!

Squirrel, I've got you beat in temperature today too. Good thing you like snow.

Kat, you finally got your snow! All I can say is I'm glad you got it and I didn't!

Muzz, I'm glad all your weekend activity was a success. Now you need to settle down and rest tonight! :)

Rk, my suggestion is to stay inside and hunker down. I know that's what I'm going to do, at least I hope I can.

Robin, ha ha, poor Mr. Gus. He's got to wake up. Hope you have an uneventful day.

I need to work on my outlook. I'm feeling cranky this morning and I don't even have much of a headache. It is 15*, cloudy, with a stiff wind out of the north. Wind chill near zero. I got up and turned up my heat and all the electricity in my house shut down. My house is all electric. It would get cold in a hurry with these conditions. After I confirmed that it was just my house and not the electric company's problem, I went out and checked a couple of things and had to turn it back on at the meter box on the main power pole. I'm so thankful it was a quick fix so I need to focus on that instead of how intolerable I find the cold weather. I don't know how you people up north do it--on and on and on. At least I don't have any wet stuff and I know it will warm up in a couple of days.

With all that said, my heart breaks for the people in the southeast who have suffered such loss in the tornadoes. It sure puts all of my petty complaints into perspective.

OC........that is odd that your main switch shut off. That usually is a safety feature....please mention that to Mr. Fix it..... It could be nothing.........at my former home, every once in a while, putting on the microwave would flip the circuit switch (not the whole house, tho) Then it would be no problem for months, then happen again. No idea if it was microwave, or the circuit. LOL
It sure is cold...
My daughter lives in GA....but that tornado was about 150 miles from her, I had maps out, etc. double checking. Have not heard from her yet.

Morning Everyone,
-11* here, feels like -30* with the wind chill, Brrr. I spent my weekend sorting cookies into orders with Gena and we're not quite done yet, we need to get the rest of the new flavor as there's a nationwide shortage. It's all very exhausting.

Muzz - I'm glad your show was a hit, and I'm sure your party was great fun.
Kat - stay warm
RS - enjoy your time away from the germs.
OC - a switched off power main is scary, I'd definitely have your fix-it guy check it out.
Poirot - I'm glad your daughter is okay.
Red - I hope things dry up a bit there for you soon.
Lil0 - Gena and I were just talking about gardens yesterday as our library offers seeds, I told her we need to wait a little while before we can even think about that. We usually plant around Memorial Day.
RK - Stay warm and out of the wind, it's brutal today.
Robin - I hope your work day is a quiet one.

Happy Monday!

Poirot, what a relief for you to know your daughter was out of the tornado range! I do the same thing, watch like a hawk, when storms of any kind hit the DFW area.

Manda, it sounds like Gena got a lot of cookie orders. Good for her. Busy for both of you. A nationwide shortage? I don't know why that struck me as funny. I've heard of a lot of shortages but never a shortage of Girl Scout Cookies! I know it's just a particular kind but still, it gave me a chuckle.

Yes, the shut down at the main pole is troubling, though I don't know that it is dangerous. It first happened when my son's family was here recently. They had run out of propane and were using their electric heat (until I came up with an extra propane bottle for them) and the weather was cold, though not as bad as now. Later, I told Fix-it about it and he was puzzled as to why there was even a switch there. He said there was no need for it. I knew there was a whole house box out on the garage/shop so I didn't know why there was one at the pole either--or who put it there or when. He's going to get rid of the one at the pole. I thought he already had, since he's been fooling around out there, laying wire to the new little house, but he hasn't done it yet.

OC - the cookie shortage is funny and frustrating at the same time. Gena sold about 300 boxes of cookies so far, which is wonderful and a lot of work. Some were ordered online and shipped directly, which eases the work a bit, but most are from the order form, she'll get more when we have our cookies booths in a couple of weeks. We take the total and split the sales between all the girls who work the booth. Our goal is to always earn free registration for each girl, to earn that they need to sell 185 boxes. 3 of our girls have surpassed that goal, 2 are really close (15 packages away), 1 is about a third of the way there and 1 hasn't sold any. - I hope you fix-it guy is able to get rid of that switch for you soon.

Poirot, I'll take your snow, but not your cold.

Lil0, I love my winter, but I wish we had your longer growing season.

Red, You owe me a laptop cleaning with "I don’t need my mud watered anymore.".

rk, if you would like something relaxing and you like giraffes, the web cam is up waiting for a baby giraffe to be born at the animal park in New York state. The mama giraffe, April, is due any time now. She's been having HUGE contractions today. That's her hubby, Oliver, in the adjacent pen. They have to be separated so he doesn't harm the baby when it "drops".

robinsnest, have a good day at work without any griping parents.

OC, electric heaters pull a lot of electricity. We're not allowed to have them at work any more because they were causing too many overloaded breakers.

Amanda, my Mom used to have our living room stacked high with cookie boxes, and she wasn't even a leader. Back in the 1960s, she was the only Mom who didn't work (or drive) so she got the task of getting the orders together when the leader brought them.

RS - the last 3 years my co-leader was the cookie mom, this year I got the job, except she's still storing the extra cookies in her guest room, as I just don't have the space. I would gladly give it away in a heartbeat, it's truly exhausting, so bless your mom for doing that for the troop. Our troop had enough that I almost completely filled the cargo van that I rented. Next year, with the upstairs people gone, I'll have room to store cookies.

Very cold here - 5 when I got up with a wind chill of -11 below! I have learned for me anyway that once
the temp drops to 0 it really doesn't feel any warmer at 0 than it does at -15. It's very sunny out today and it makes you think the snow would be melting but it just blows - to cold to melt!

Muzz so happy your last performance was great and the party was a hit.

Kat - I can't believe you finally got some white stuff also!

RS - I bet your glad the weather people were wrong!

Poirot - No change for your weather at all!

Lilo - you defiantly live on the better side of the state than I do! Enjoy - 50 would be a heat wave!

Iamred - I love your sense of humor

Running busy today - gotta go! Everyone be safe and stay warm!

Manda, 300 boxes, wow, that sounds like a lot. I bet the little girl who hasn't sold any doesn't have much support at home. Or maybe she's like me and would rather be beat to a pulp than to try to sell something. I wonder how many my granddaughters sold.

Squirrel, I know how anything that heats up uses a lot of electricity. That's probably why mine overloaded--yes, when my son was using one in their camper, but this morning I turned on the baseboard heater in my sun room, in addition to the mini-split running out there. I don't often use the baseboard heater, just when it's extra cold, like right now. But I have run it at times when it didn't cause an overload. I think I turned on too much all at once this morning.

Shan, hang in there. Warmth will come someday!

A late short lunch so checking in with you all. I am totally exhausted and slow today but pushing on. I am going to bed early tonight because everyone had texted me they are doing the same. One weary family.

Take care and have a great beginning to your week.

Back