3/4/2016 - Donuts & Fridays

Noel

Reaction score
Good Morning friends.

This Friday begins with a long to-do list of errands.l I keep crossing off those that can be postponed because the fatigue from this flu is exhaustingl I feel lazy...........procrastinating chores........but I also want to feel normal again.

Wishing each of you a productive and joyful day!

Good morning All...

It snowed a couple of inches here overnight but the snow didn't have the common decency to stick to the roads (which would have minimally given me a few hours off for a "late start day"). Otherwise, I'm getting packed to relocate to another cubicle today, and I'm finding it simply amazing how much junk accumulates -- even in an office cube -- when you're not paying attention. I think I've thrown away three or four completely overloaded trash cans in the last few days and I brought in 2 of those 20 gallon rubbermaid containers to stuff everything else into...

Yay me...

@Noel, I hope you get to feeling better. I think everyone hates being sick. Me? Doubly so. I get so much more grumpy than normal.. :)

Wayne

Good morning. Noel, keep hanging on. That bug is bound to lose its grip at some point. Unfortunately, it seems later rather than sooner. :(

Wayne, I've never actually seen the inside of a cubicle in person, but I had not imagined there would be room in one for all the stuff you've been carrying out. Sounds like a couple of rooms in my house. Enjoy your clean start in a new area.

A busy day expected here. Feed cows, and then have a nurse and a physical therapist come. We'll be warm again, 75*, but wind will gust up to 40 mph. Ugh! Wishing everybody a good one.

Good morning, all. Snowstorm expected today, tis 17 out there. Actually, they are saying heavy snow!! Noel, (and Robin) please do not try to do too much, you will just exhaust yourselves, and make recovery just that much longer. This is a nasty, nasty flu bug, for sure.

Wayne, you must have a larger than I have seen cubicle, lol. My goodness, how the heck could you accumulate so much junk? Forget I said that. If you saw my desk area......you would shudder. LOL

Morning all~

It's cold here too. We are going to get some of that snow down here too. I am undecided on wanting the warm temps or keep it cold. Ok, here is my reasoning. The cold keeps the mud frozen. The dog brings in less. As soon as the area gets fixed then it can be nice. But one can not happen with out the other, so I guess I stuck with a muddy dog for a while this spring.

Off to Costco this morning. I have a list. Been awhile since I've been in there. Not looking forward to the bill.

Feel better soon, Noel

Wayne ~want to come clean my office?

OC~ I would love those temps but not the wind we have had enough of that around here.

Poirot~hope you don't get all that is predicted up there.

Take care all~

Good Morning Everyone,

Noel - really hoping you feel better soon.

Wayne - good luck on your cubicle move. I know how it is. I never cease to be amazed at all the stuff I can cram into my little cubicle at work. It's about a 50/50 split of personal and work stuff too.

OC- try not to work to hard today.

Barb - I bet my desk at home is worse than yours. I'd post a photo, but it's too embarrassing.

TB - have fun at Costco.

As for me, I get out of work early today so I can go with my hubby to sign the debt consolidation loan papers at the Credit Union. Wouldn't be so bad, but it's a 45 minute trip one way to get there. But they give us good rates and better customer service, so we deal with the drive. Our troop meeting last night was great. The older scout talked to our girls about how much fun scouting can be and then gave her presentation on Pet Care and how to pick the best pet for your family to our girls. She's working towards earning her Silver Star, so she can move onto her Gold Star Project next year (Gold Star is equivalent to an Eagle Scout in Boy Scouts in case you don't know, which I didn't until last night).

Have a wonderful day and weekend everyone.

Barb - I bet my desk at home is worse than yours. I'd post a photo, but it's too embarrassing.

Count me in for the messiest desk ever, but if anyone were to move something, I would know immediately someone had been eating my porridge, lol.

It's a dreary day here, colder than it has been, but the Sun should come out this afternoon. I'm waiting, lol.

Take care, everyone,

Morning. Another fun sun filled day.

Noel, I didn't get quite as sick but I can tell you, I still don't have any energy beyond what absolutely has to get done. And, like you, I just want to feel normal again.

Wayne, in the office move of this past December, I started emptying out the cubes of folks who had left the company. These cubes had been empty for at least a year. The amount of stuff in each cube was amazing. And you'd have thought they had taken everything personal, but no. I had lunch boxes, silverware, personalized coffee cups, and we won't even start on the paper. ACK!!!

OC, you have a busy day. Hope the PT person is actually helpful not just a bother.

Happy Friday all, as I go in search of my energy.

Got some bad news, yesterday. My across-the-street neighbor died last Saturday. Didn't find out until Wednesday's paper arrived... too late to attend the viewing/funeral. He was a good guy, who helped me many times by plowing the driveway after a heavy snow, and freeing my car when I got stuck in the snow a couple of times, among other things. When I was a kid, a neighbor would knock on the block's doors, notifying, and taking a flower collection. And, didn't they used to hang a flower arrangement on the home of the deceased?

RIP, Chuck!

PS: Have a safe day, everybody!

Another busy morning going to the dentist and doing other errands.
Its sunny and should be in the 60's. Tomorrow will be another nice
day before the rain comes on Sunday.

It took me awhile to get my desk organized. I still have things on the
floor in the office to move. Then it'll be doing my closet.

robin, I hope the old couch gets a new home soon.

Noel, don't overdo your to do list. You don't want to get sick again.

I hope everyone has a good afternoon and evening.

Noel & Robin - boy you have really been hit with that bug! So sorry.

Poirot - Sure hope you don't get the snow they are predicting!

OC - sounds like a busy day - I would take your temps but not the wind.

Manda - glad the girls and you enjoyed the meeting last night!

Our weather has been so nice - we actually took a 3 mile walk at 7 last night! Never in March! Supposed to rain all weekend though!

Shannon

Got everything done. Well, there's plenty to do but I've done all that was on my list for the day. My niece and I ran out of cubes again. Had to stop before we got the last of her cows fed and go get refilled. We'll probably start scaling back in a couple of weeks. The grass is really growing now.

Manda, it's interesting that Girl Scouts have the equivalent of Eagle Scout. I didn't know that. My oldest grandson is almost 16 and he is still working on his Eagle Scout. I don't know if it always takes that long or whether he got a late start or what.

A. Guy, I'm sorry about your neighbor. People did used to put a wreath on the door of the home or business of the deceased around here. I still see it occasionally.

Hi everyone. It is still cold and snowing here. I've been on my couch and under the comforter for most of the day. My Kindle, tv, and hot tea have been keeping me company.

Two fellows (both named Bob) came early this morning for the 6 month checkup for the gas furnace. One guy was the one who usually comes. He introduced the other as a computer tech. HUH?!?! Boy was I confused. They had me go with them so they could show me why he was there, too. The furnace "brain" is a giant computer motherboard! I had no idea. That's a huge difference from how the old furnaces worked.

My furnace is still working perfectly, but I wasn't worried about an added expense. I got the first year maintenance contract (labor, parts, and a check up every 6 months) for free. I paid $100 for the second year agreement (same deal) which is very inexpensive considering the company charges $120 labor per hour.

Noel and Robin - Please don't over do! It took me a good 6 months to get over the flu last year, and get my strength back.

Wayne - I don't envy you. I had a lot of junk to pitch when we moved our agency last year. I still have 3 boxes of personal things at home that I haven't taken to my office yet.

OC - I wish I had your ability to do all of that physical labor you do with your cows.

Poirot - Now I know why you said your hubby had problems with your new furnace. The electronics in mine look like they could fly a space shuttle.

tropical breeze - I enjoy the pictures you post of our guy in his college band and pep band on Facebook. It seems like he was just starting the cooking class in high school!

Amanda - I bet the girls really enjoyed having the older scout at the meeting.

kt - I hope your getting a rest from having to fix electronics. Your Mom's computer was definitely took a lot of patience and determination.

A. Guy - I'm sorry for the loss of your neighbor.

kat - Um, will you please organize my closet while you're at it? I put in a closet system two years ago, but it is still a mess.

Shanrick - My cousin in Sequim, WA, has been complaining about the weather. It sounds like yours is nicer than his.

Hi all, snowed like mad for a few hours, still snowing but lightened up somewhat, at least I can now see the lake. It was a whiteout there earlier.
This past week, had my next door (mile away) neighbor pass away (I will be reading at her funeral tomorrow); plus the doctor who took out my gallbladder Plus a D&C, (retired, so have another for the last several years) and then another neighbor down the road. The one next door had moved here just a year or so before I did. Two of her boys and mine went to school together, were good friends, fished and hunted, etc. Both of them died in snowmobile accidents. Her husband was on the town board for a while, when I was, until he passed away. All too sad.
Just hope with this new snow, I can get out of here tomorrow.

Mandie, my girls were both girl scouts......and one just loved going to camp, first time she was in 4th or 5th grade, got very sick, running a high fever, was put in a special tent, and of course, I knew nothing, being they were in the middle of the woods, and no cell phones in those days. I can't remember if it was ear infection or strep throat, she was better when the week was over, but took her to doc anyway. I remember her sash had tons of badges on it. My girls were Brownies, then regular scouts. My neighbor across the street who was a teacher, became a leader, and pulled me in to be asst. for a bit on her daughter's troop activities.

O.C. glad you got everything done on your list, I make them, and they don't work.....cuz I ignore them, Procrastinator that I am.
Rocky, I never realized your weather was really so mild overall.
Noel, I really hope both you & Robin are over the "hump" with this horrid flu
RS.....You are lucky you have that ins. and so glad your furnace is running great. That electronic stuff is beyond my husband, I swear all the different parts and things have cost more than the furnace itself.
Shan, enjoy that weather.....I envy all of you seeing flowers, robins, butterflies, etc. am still looking at white white snow. LOLI

Back