3/4/24 - Donuts and National Reading Month

58 and overcast, sun making a cameo appearance now and then. We are due for rain on and off all week and temps that are in between. I think I mentioned this before, that landlords are not required to provide heat if the temps are over 55 degrees in NY. I have to use a space heater directed on me while I work, that is how cold the apartment is. I don't like this uncertain weather which we will probably have this month and April, though these days, anything is possible. I would still rather be cold than hot with humidity a factor. Will we ever be satisfied with weather?

rfsexton: Thank you for letting us know that March is National Reading Month. While reading can include Kindle and other devices, give me a hardcover or paperback!

Robin: Good luck with the van!

Let's all have a great first Monday of the month!

1709567375107.jpeg

Happy heavenly birthday to my late husband, even tho he never made much of any birthdays. Missing him more of late, for some reason.
Cloudy here, chilly, has not reached 40 yet, no idea if it will. We might get rain, but, doesn't feel like it, so doubt it will do so. Really need a haircut....but ever since my gal retired, have not been happy with where I went. My hair is thinning and hard to style it, I guess.
Used to see deer out in the yard, (we are right next to forest) but been quite some time since one has been around. Same for fox, and even wild turkey. Odd.
Enjoy the day..........

Sexton, I'm a firm believer in reading a lot to little ones from an early age. I read to each of my three from the time they could sit on my lap. I also think it's good to read to them beyond the age when they're able to read. Even if they're reading on their own, it's good to read books to them for a family activity.

Poirot, thinking of your husband with you on his birthday. I wish you could see some wildlife. That always brings some cheer to my day, though most days it's only Earl the Squirrel and some birds.

Wilde Woman, I'm dumbfounded over the fact that landlords are not required to provide heat when temperatures are over 55*. I don't know how I could exist that way. I use the little electric heaters occasionally--but in addition to my central heat--in extra cold weather. They use quite a bit of electricity too.

Robin, forget about the van and just kick back and read! :rolleyes: Seriously though, I hope the van deal went okay.

I've got round one finished for the day. Went to one town and spent time with the CPA. Boo hiss, I'm going to have to pay some, for the first time in several years. Not too much but it will keep going in that direction. Got some breaks for a few years, due to my husband passing.
I ate a couple of tacos at Dairy Queen and went around town and paid some bills. Back home for another hour before going to another town with the other two ladies who will also be working at the polling station tomorrow. We have to get instructions and bring the machines out to our community place today.

It's sunny and in the 70s. We may have thunderstorms later tonight. The rain tomorrow is gone from
the forecast. Another windy day and the pollen is flying everywhere.

Busy day at church. I finished cleaning before lunch and stuff in trash can for today's pickup. Time to
rake more leaves. The big library changed their computer program and now I have to reenter all
my lists I keep there. It's going to take awhile. I think the program is better for people who use phones.

The purple finches have been active at the planter nest. Is it time to make babies already?

rf, I'll skip the coffee. I read almost everyday.

robin, I hope you got the van registered.

Wilde Woman, that's a weird rule about heat. I'll be wearing my bathrobe over my street clothes.

Poirot, I hope some wildlife come by to visit.

OC, sorry you have to pay taxes. You might have to start making estimates.

I hope everyone has an enjoyable afternoon.

and TA DA..... 3 days a total of 5 hours and the Van will eventually have Kansas plates..... we currently have the delightful paper one that holds up so well under rain sleet and snow...... all in the forecast for the next couple of days.... It's a Kansas Miracle.... the car was still registered to HB's daughter, we purchased the car from them in 2010 when it was 10 years old...... it's been in Arizona ever since..... so that was a hurdle to attack today.... but after completing that issue HB left the building with documentation for the state.... Beast and I were in the parking lot greeting everyone who walked by.....and Lots of people stopped when they went in to talk to him and when they left the building to go home..... This time I brought a book and read while waiting...... the paper plate expires 4-3-2024 so... the actual plate should arrive before then.....

Now to fix lunch then go to Target to fix MY medication issues..... at some point today I have to get my tax stuff together and get it back to Sacramento for my Tax guy..... The car has taken up all my spare time.....

Happy first Monday of March!!!

Back