3-6-2016 - Donuts and Grilled Cheese with Bacon

Good morning...just grabbing a couple minutes before leaving for church. Yummmm on the bacon. I LOVE bacon. LOL. Sun is shining, it was 29 at 6:30, is now36 at 9:30, and the radio is saying.....49 and then rain tomorrow! Hey, we had 4" of snow on Friday!
Reading went well at the funeral yesterday. Small turnout, but...when one reaches 90, I guess that is the case. Odd thing.......the burial was BEFORE the afternoon service. My son drove up from mid-state, (the one with the doggies) and left right after ...3 hr. drive for him. Very nice of him.
Take care all, time to leave. Have a good day, good luck with the taxes, OC.

Great Sunday my friends!

It is partly overcast this morning and our temperatures should be mid-89's. And that reminds me of winter.........and so I am verey happy this day. If only we had full cloudy skies it would actually feel like March instead of May.

Bacon! The divine swine.........love it big time! Fixing myself an omelet with bacon in a few minutes. Thanks for the inspiration!

OC: your weather sounds nice for an indoors day. Tax prep is a pain.........but necessary......hope it goes easier for you than expected.

POIROT: your son is very thoughtful to drive those miles to honor a neighbor/friend. God bless him. Hope your day is a great one.

Take care my friends.

Good morning. We are definitely getting Spring weather here. Yesterday I set some seedlings out in the garden!! I just couldn't resist. We'll see if they survive or if we have more winter weather in store.

I woke up with what appears to be infection in my eyes!! They are red. No other symptoms. It has been decades since I have had any eye problems. I hope it will clear up on its own.

Wishing you all a good Sunday.

Another nice day here. I'm not sure what to do outside today. Neighbor mowed his
yard. I need to use trimmer. I want to mulch an area before the rain on Tues.

Wayne if you're bored, today would be a good day to come by :)

I'm still waiting on a form to finish my tax return. I need to complain this
week because I should've had form my now.

Lil0, I hope your eye feels better. I read there might be more allergies this year
because of the weather.

I need to go because I need to walk my dog and get outside.

I hope everyone enjoys the rest of the day...

Don't forget last night for Downton Abbey.. get your tissues ready.

Hello folks. It was an interesting morning for me. The critters have been very amusing. I usually wear a visor in warm weather to keep my hair back while outside. Sparky let me know he was hungry, but wouldn't let me touch him until I took the dreaded visor off, lol. I guess it's been too long since I've worn one. He doesn't like my knit cap for cold weather either. I expect this behavior from a parrot, but a dog? I got Remmy (when she was six weeks old) in May four years ago. I always wear shorts in summer. The first cool snap we had in the fall, I put on jeans to go somewhere. When I came out of the bedroom dressed in long pants, Remmy lost it, didn't seem to recognize me, lol.

Bumblebees are aggressively after pollen from flowers around my house. Remmy tries to catch them, but they are fast and bold, lol. One hovered just out of Remmy's reach and seemed to be staring right at her, daring her to interfere with his plans, lol. Then, while I was watching that, something fell on my head. I started swatting at my hair and a lizard jumped off into the bushes. I guess he thought I was a good stepping stone to get to where he wanted to go, lol.

I'll be back outside for more adventures that make me smile!

Take care, folks.

Afternoon all. Yesterday's visit with my dad went was expected. He is very much closer to the next step, assisted living. But that is only physically. It appears the only part of his brain that is functioning in the present is the part that refused to believe he needs help.

Now off to do the weekend chores that need to be done.

Have a great Sunday and looking forward somewhat to tonight's Downtown. I'm not ready to say good bye.

Good afternoon. The girls and I are taking a break from cleaning up outside. We've been trying to pick up and move things from our old pig pen area so Hubby can maybe get around to cleaning that area up at some point. Plus we're working on getting hay to the pigs' shelters to give them some dry bedding before rain moves in this week. Lots of chances of rain off and on throughout the week.

I've got some catching up on shows to do, and with some other shows set to record tonight, I'll have to record the later showing of Downton that shows on my PBS station overnight. I hope everyone has a had a good weekend.

Hi all, miracle here, sun is still shining, tho a bit breezy......but it DID hit 50! LOL. Yep, lots of slushy areas now. Not gonna be happy cuz tonight it will probably freeze, and the road will be a skating rink.

Good afternoon everyone. It is still dark and overcast here with temps in the mid 30s. I'm taking a break because I feel like I haven't stopped since I got up at 5:00 am. At least laundry is done and put away. Sheets are changed on the bed (still flannel). Sunday dinner is cooked so just needs reheated, in a bit. I rearranged my bedroom closet to lessen the load on the cross bars of the closet system. (I haven't taken the extra clothes upstairs yet.) Plus I made a run to Big Lots to buy a stand alone tall pantry cupboard that is on sale. The parts are still in the box on my living room floor, and will probably stay there until next weekend.

Poirot's rain is coming my way in a few days, and my joints are aching. Time for another cup of tea, my comforter, and Netflix.

Back