3/9/2024 - Donuts and National Meatball Day

robinsnest

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Good Saturday to all. The boys won last night so tonight we play for the state championship title..... this has been a fun couple of days watching the band play and the kids on the floor.... Spring break has started so HB doesn't have to get up early in the mornings next week....

Sun is out it is cool but not cold.... enjoy a meatball or two if you are so inclined......

Hope WW doesn't need an ark today......
Hope Boomer is still eating and being himself.....
Hope OCs migraine has gone away....
Hope RS is feeling okay after a hard week of screening....

Happy Saturday

The board is so quiet. Hope everyone is okay.
Boomer is tired today. It could be his new meds. I was concerned that he wasn't eating much. I asked the vet about increasing his appetite stimulant medication. Can't do that, but he suggested one of foods for animals who have been sick Urgent Care is what the label says. Please pray for my dog. He means the world to me.

I asked them to delete my Donuts post looks like we hit close to the same time posting

Weekend days are always slow on Donuts--and everywhere else, it seems. I purposely don't go out on weekends, except for church, so they long for me.

Thanks, Robin, for starting the thread. Glad the grandson's team won their game. Some of the small towns around here have been winning in track and basketball (girls). These tiny communities get so excited and go all out for their teams.

Sexton, I prayed for Boomer this morning. I hope he continues to hold his own. You're giving him the best care possible. Thanks to you too, for trying to start the thread. It amazes me how many times it happens that we can go all morning with nobody doing it, then two people do it at the same time. What are the odds?? Has happened to me more than once.

My head has been on the edge all morning but so far has been manageable. I appreciate your thoughts, Robin. Weather was cloudy, (north) windy and cold this morning, low 30s*. Will get in the 50s*, I think, sun is in and out. It felt so cold when I went out to feed the birds. I guess I was getting used to warmer temperatures.

I rarely watch movies, can't sit still for them anymore. Occasionally I'll record one and watch it in small segments over time. This morning I finished up Driving Miss Daisy, which I had never watched before. I knew it would be sad and I almost never watch anything if I know it will be sad. I don't like to cry! It wrecks my nerves and can even give me headaches. But there was no getting around it toward the end of this one. I did enjoy the movie overall but now I won't be able to get it out of my head for a couple of days. This is why I don't watch things that grab at me emotionally. Too stressful. Tonight I'll go back to my recordings of the old B&W Perry Mason episodes, and Emergency. I've been taking a break from the Gunsmoke era westerns for a while.

It's sunny and in the 50s today. It rained during the night.

I'm spending this afternoon working on my taxes finally. The last of my tax forms arrived last weekend.

OC, are you able to watch shows via DVR or do you another way to watch shows? I hope you feel better soon.

rf, I hope Boomer starts eating soon.

robin, happy to hear about the boys team. Is the grandson just in the band and not the team?

Wishing everyone a good rest of the day and don't forget to change your clocks :)

Robin: No ark needed yet,! It was drizzling when I was out, in for the day now, but we due for heavy rain soon. It is 43 raw and very windy days out there. I hope your guys win the state championship title!

rfsexton: Prayers going up for sweet Boomer.

OC: Glad your migraine is stabilizing. Head pain is no fun. I sometimes get migraines and sometimes sinus headaches. When they ultimately go away, the relief is beyond words, right? "Driving Miss Daisy" was a lovely movie and, yes, emotional.

Kat: Enjoy the sun! I hope to see it again one of these days myself!!

Wishing all a great day, whether you have meatballs or turkey meatballs or whatever makes you happy!

1710012949592.jpeg

I came back to say thanks but no thanks on the meatballs. I'm not a fan. Don't care much for pasta either (I know meatballs could be without pasta but I still don't care for them).

Wilde Woman, yes, I agree, there's almost a feeling of euphoria when head pain stops. I never knew it rains so much where you live. I guess I must have hit it just right on most of my visits to that area. Only was raining one time. However, I did experience rainy summers in northeastern PA, which was new to me. Summers here are so very hot and dry.

Kat, I bet it won't take you long to finish your taxes. You don't fiddle around like I do. When my tv is working properly I can record programs on the Dish receiver. I'm not sure if that's called DVR or what but I have lots and lots of things recorded on it so I can watch them when I don't have a signal to get current shows. It would take me a long time to watch all of them, though being old reruns in the first place, I've seen some of them more than once already. The only thing I'm really missing is the news. I know I could read it daily online but that doesn't interest me. Watching a current, live show makes me feel not so isolated. One day I listened to the radio for a while. But one thing has occurred to me and I didn't think about it until last night. I have a tv out in my guest house. It's on a different satellite dish from the one in my house. It doesn't have a recorder on it but I could go out there and watch my news shows. Duh, maybe I'll do that on Monday. Nothing I want to see on weekends.

OC, it's called a DVR when you can record shows off cable or your dish. I still use a VCR. I'm glad
you figured out you can watch TV in the guest house.

Boomer ate almost a whole can.....the flat ones.... of the food the vet suggested.
Giving him his pills is harder than usual. He is not wanting the pill pockets

Good evening everyone. We definitely need an ark here in northwestern Pennsylvania. It has been raining since sunset yesterday, and is supposed to continue through Sunday. Then we're to have a horrendous snow storm Sunday night.

I think I'm finally recovered from the long screenings this week though my foot and ankle are still swollen. I don't know which was worse... standing on the concrete floors for long periods of time or sitting in those teeny tiny preschool / kindergarten chairs. My joints can't handle either of those things.

Finally finished my taxes a few minutes ago. Federal has been e-filed, but my program kept stopping the state e-file because I don't know the date one lousy share of stock was given to me by an old insurance company. (The company bought it back last August.) Now I have to mail in that return. GRRR The state can wait for it since I owe a whopping $8.

robinsnest - Good luck to the boys' team in the state championship game tonight.

WW - I hope you don't float away with all of this rain.

rf - Prayers continue for Boomer.

OC - I hope you're over the migraine and also get your tv reception back soon.

kat - Hopefully your balance problem clears up.

Sexton, that's where and when I watch too--when my tv signal is working. I'm glad I had some of them recorded so I can watch them now. Funny thing is, I had never watched this show back when it was new in the 1970s. I only discovered the reruns within the past year. It's great that Boomer ate the food. I hope he gets more cooperative with the pills.

Got my clocks set. Need to get to bed earlier than usual. I may have to set my alarm so I don't miss church in the morning.

Back