4/1/24 - Donuts and April Fools' Day

Good morning everyone. A miserable cold rainy day here. My yard was a soggy spongey mess when I left for work this morning. I'll go home during my lunch break to check my basement.

We're having a potluck at our auxiliary meeting tonight. I made a new to me dessert... a cherry cobbler using Pillsbury sugar cookie dough circles (from the flat package, not the tube) as the top crust. I also made a small one for home, and my cousin and I had it after Easter dinner yesterday. It was a bit sweet for me.

rf - Thank goodness no pranks are allowed at work under the new CEO. Our old CEO used to play nasty tricks on everybody.

Good morning all and hope the weekend was nice. A beautiful day in Cowtown (Calgary) today.

Our dinner for my family went very well and in all we were a group of 19. It was nice enough for everyone to sit outside and enjoy drinks in the sun, while the dogs played. I have to brag.......my dog, Watson just does so well when we have large gatherings. He just goes from person to person for pets.

Have a good day and start to the week.

Rainy and 50 here, quite dreary. Someone cue "Rainy Days and Mondays."

redsquirrel: I hope your basement is okay. The cherry cobbler sounds good, but also too sweet for me. I agree about pranks on 4/1. I never appreciated them and think some people might go too far.

Muzza: Your large dinner sounds like it went very well, and Watson was playing to the room, the sweet fella.

Everyone have a great first Monday of the month.

1711987647337.jpeg

Hello everyone! Stay safe from pranksters. Since retiring from teaching, I rarely get pranked. But the kids loved to try.

I wish the week's forecast was a prank. Right now it's in the 70s. Storms possibly this evening in to tomorrow. Flooding, storms, hail and isolated tornadoes tonight through tomorrow. Some expected to be severe. Most of it is supposed to be north of me, but with weather ya never know. And to top off the week, it's supposed to be colder with possible rain to snow on Thursday. Fun Fun

Everyone enjoy your day!

It's been cloudy all day. In the 60s this morning. It's 75 now. Stormy, severe weather expected after 7PM.
The porches are cleared off again. Next Monday, no rain, but cloudy.

A busy Monday for me and I still have things to do. I was at church over 2 hours fixing it up after Easter.
Lots of paper to get out. I'm glad I had a short sleeve shirt on. The sanctuary was getting hotter and hotter.
One of the maintenance man came in and told me the A/C wasn't working. No wonder I was overheating.
I got most of the work done I needed to do. No service there this Sunday so I can finish up next Monday.
I walked over 4000 steps on the church campus.

I walked Fenix when I got home. I finished vacuuming since it's trash day. Then outside in the flowerbed.
I think the baby finches left. I never saw them, but there are little ones flying around. I'll know more later.

rs, I hope your basement is ok.

Muzzaman, I'm glad your Easter dinner went well and Watson had a good time.

Nameless, I hope you won't get bad weather.

Wishing everyone a safe evening.

Kat, you sure did have a busy day!

Can't believe I hadn't been here for days. Had a busy weekend. Real good visit with son, his wife, 2 girls, ages 10 and 11. They all went to church with me. Had a migraine this morning, then spent the afternoon washing bedding. A thunderstorm tonight, got half an inch of rain, came down fast and hard, horizontally.

Back