4/11/24 - Donuts and National Pet Day

Wilde Woman

Reaction score
Grey day, 55, rain on and off. Rinse/repeat for tomorrow. Depressing.

Today is National Pet Day, so hug your furry babies and give them extra treats.

I don't see bears nor raccoons included in any images, so I guess Smith Island doesn't celebrate the day :)

Everyone enjoy your Thursday, with or without pets (pet rocks don't count!)

1712846946637.png

Happy Thursday the tooth fix day.... the day grumpy HB leaves the premises.... a great day.....

Are you sure pet rocks don't count? they do require some care, dusting and such.......
We are looking at warmer weather but with wind at 10 gusting to 30 who can tell...... should be 90 this weekend.... then weather aware weekend.... so who knows..... I just want to get my plants out of their old black pots and into their new pots.... the pots I had didn't work so I had to go back and get bigger ones.....

Have a great Thursday.....

I wish I could share a picture of my beloved Boomer
Keeps saying file is too big

Can you make the pic smaller before actually posting reply? (Don't know why some pics suddenly are too large when attempting to post........even from another site. Has happened to me, too. But sometimes making it smaller both vertical and horizontal will work ....yes, sometimes you aren't able, but worth a try)

I, also, have problems adding pictures that are too large. My solution? I use the Snipping Tool, put it in a blank Word document, and size it. But if that is not possible, I find a smaller version of the same image online.

However, with photographs, I guess they need to be cropped.

I hope we get to see Boomer one day!

I don't know how
If anyone here can fix it. I can email the photo

A nice morning for walking. It's sunny and in the 60s plus wind this afternoon.

Busy morning. I went to little library. Then I mailed off my tax returns. Yippee. I finally got
a hold of a landscaper. He won't be coming until May to see what I want done in the
backyard. I should have called someone sooner. I'll be doing studies this afternoon.

robin, it's only going to be in the 80s here this weekend.

Wilde Woman, sorry about the rainy weather. Keep the windows covered so you
won't have to look outside.

I hope everyone has a nice afternoon and evening.

Here is my beloved Boomer. He could use some prayers for health. His heart problem is currently managed not cured....vet tech stressed that. We are tweaking his seizure meds. He is 15 years old.

Huge thanks to Robinsnest for fixing his picture for me. He is in the sweater his Aunt Sherry gave him for Christmas. She calls him her nephew.

Attachments

• Smaller Boomer.jpg
    Smaller Boomer.jpg
    99.2 KB · Views: 3
What a sweet doggie! Thanks to you, Sexton, and you, Robin, for getting a picture up for us to see.

Kat, a landscaper, yea! That does sound exciting.

Robin, how did the tooth fix go?

Wilde Woman, I don't see your pet pigeons in that picture either. Lol...Sorry, I couldn't resist.

A long day, went to two towns, 100 miles of driving. Got a long overdue haircut. A style I'd never tried before--sort of a short bob. Remains to be seen what I can do with it. I don't know why the hairdresser didn't even try to style it. She just blew it dry. It looked like Earl the Squirrel had been playing in it. I smoothed it out some when I got home.

I had a nice surprise at lunch. I went into the BBQ place to eat. My pastor and his wife were in there eating. They invited me to eat with them and then then paid for my lunch. Sweet people. It was in the 70s* and sunny today but gusty winds. Will be in the 80s* for the next few days.

I'm soooo sleepy now. Must stay awake! My eyes burn. Have a good evening and night, everyone.

OC, the last time I went for a haircut she tried to curl my hair, which made it poof out out 6-8 inches on each side. It was so embarrassing because I had more things to do.
I use a hair straightener now. It controls my hair really well.

Good evening everyone. Heavy rain and flooding here again. Pumps are working overtime in the old coal cellar.

Worked at a kindergarten registration today. This school is out in the middle of nowhere. You have to walk out to the road to get a cell phone signal. Nope, wasn't doing that in torrential rain. I'll be at the same school Friday. Then have to work bar bingo at the American Legion. I may not check back in here until Saturday.

rf - Boomer is a handsome fellow. Thank you for sharing his photo.

The dental extraction went well. I was told it took longer to numb the area than to pull the tooth. Because there had been an infection under it at the time it was found he had to go to a dental surgeon. Luckily it was an easy extraction. He even drove home, I went along to drive home, but he was capable of doing it himself. Now we have the next few days to protect the clot so it will heal.

sO glad all went well with the tooth, It does take time for the numbing process, Me, they also have to put me to sleep.....that is how bad I am when it comes to that procedure. LOL

Dang it, the tech person never showed up, nor was there a phone call. I have a problem with the desktop, (unable to retrieve mail) and the new laptop......(just me I think, but I need to get a word program and my mail set up......I know Windows 11 is supposed to be on it, no idea. And no idea how to hook up with my wi-fi. Grrrrr.

My internet is provided by the RV Park. It is wifi for the whole park

Here is my beloved Boomer. He could use some prayers for health. His heart problem is currently managed not cured....vet tech stressed that. We are tweaking his seizure meds. He is 15 years old.

Huge thanks to Robinsnest for fixing his picture for me. He is in the sweater his Aunt Sherry gave him for Christmas. She calls him her nephew.
What an adorable little dog, rfsexton! You can bet I am sending prayers for his health. Such a sweetie pie! I am sure he is a great companion. Bless you both!

A long day, went to two towns, 100 miles of driving. Got a long overdue haircut. A style I'd never tried before--sort of a short bob. Remains to be seen what I can do with it. I don't know why the hairdresser didn't even try to style it. She just blew it dry. It looked like Earl the Squirrel had been playing in it. I smoothed it out some when I got home.

I had a nice surprise at lunch. I went into the BBQ place to eat. My pastor and his wife were in there eating. They invited me to eat with them and then then paid for my lunch. Sweet people. It was in the 70s* and sunny today but gusty winds. Will be in the 80s* for the next few days.

I'm soooo sleepy now. Must stay awake! My eyes burn. Have a good evening and night, everyone.
OC: Funny about pet pigeons! I actually should not have limited what I said to "fur" babies. People have other types of pets, too. A neighbor had, at one time, a Kimodo Dragon! He walked it like a dog, but people were afraid, so he had to give it up. It was cute and harmless, though. And it was a good deterrent for insects, as they would get eaten!

sO glad all went well with the tooth, It does take time for the numbing process, Me, they also have to put me to sleep.....that is how bad I am when it comes to that procedure. LOL

Dang it, the tech person never showed up, nor was there a phone call. I have a problem with the desktop, (unable to retrieve mail) and the new laptop......(just me I think, but I need to get a word program and my mail set up......I know Windows 11 is supposed to be on it, no idea. And no idea how to hook up with my wi-fi. Grrrrr.
Poirot: Maybe I missed it or forgot...but what laptop did you get? I believe you need to get a Microsoft Office subscription which includes Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook, but I only use Word, really. I am not sure if that has changed since I got it, maybe you can get Word on its own. I wish you luck!

What an adorable little dog, rfsexton! You can bet I am sending prayers for his health. Such a sweetie pie! I am sure he is a great companion. Bless you both!
Thank you for prayers. He is a darling boy who loves everyone. My neighbors' sons love him. He sleeps on the bed with me. He has been being STUBBORN about eating his special diet dog food.

OC, the last time I went for a haircut she tried to curl my hair, which made it poof out out 6-8 inches on each side. It was so embarrassing because I had more things to do.
I use a hair straightener now. It controls my hair really well.
I used to think hairdressers would send their customers out looking better than when they went in but I no longer believe that. It seems most of them either don't know how or they don't care. That said, I do know how difficult it is to tame very curly hair. Mine is only wavy and not as much so now as it used to be, but I have several kids/grandkids with extremely curly hair. It's a lifelong challenge. I'm glad you've found a way to control yours. My daughter has tried just about everything and she's able to make it work but it is very time consuming.

Back