4/15/24 - Donuts and The Tax Man Cometh

My tax man posted that he has survived another tax season..... now he and his wife will wrap things up and head off on a grand adventure..... waiting to see what that might be.....
I on the other hand spent the morning at the doctors as I've developed a weird and troubling issue with a hand.... going conservative for now but really who wants to see a doctor at 7:15 in the morning??? who???

We have fog this morning.... and it's 70 degrees out.... that's weird...... and icky.

Good luck to all Boston Marathon runners.....

Good morning everyone.

We finally have a beautiful day after a horrendous 4 day stretch of nasty thunderstorms and high wind. Thank goodness my basement pumps held out...that is as long as I had electricity. It kept going off and on mostly from Friday through last night.

We had Code Red storms yesterday and last night...torrential rain, huge hail, and high winds...SCARY! We had enough warning that these were coming down from Lake Erie so I had time to make sure everything was charged and flashlights/lanterns had fresh batteries. This morning I found several huge dings on my car hood and roof from the hail. I didn't see any other damage to my house or yard though trees were down in my woods. There was a lot of flooding around here and the ground is still so saturated and spongy. Water comes up around your shoes when you walk on the grass.

rf - the AARP tax program is wonderful. I'll start using them after I retire and my tax return is simpler.

robinsnest - I hope your hand issue has a simple fix with rest and ice.

A sunny 77 in NY. Good way to start the week.

rfsexton: Congrats on the refund!

Robin: I hope your hand issue is not serious. Fog and 70 degrees is, indeed, odd.

redsquirrel: So sorry about your Code Red and glad you have a nice day today.

Let's all get through Monday...one day closer to Saturday!

1713194912270.png

I stopped using H&R Block because they charge a lot extra for my return because I have Teacher Retirement instead of social security

They have Returned
The toads are back...... I don't remember them when we moved in last May.... but they are in the yard now..... and Vinnie Toad Hunter is on alert.... He almost got one... not sure what he'd do with them... I've already asked the vet, they are harmless, taste awful he will salivate and drool if he bites one but won't do permanent harm...

hand issue is just more of the Dupuytren’s a more painful attack, but a harmless one.... thanks for your kind thoughts....

It's cloudy and in the 70s. It feels like the 80s with humidity. There's a nice breeze so that helps.

A busy morning at church. I skipped the luncheon today so I can work in the flowerbed.
I popped in to check weather since the wind is blowing more. Rain not expected until
later this evening. My only day in the flowerbed this week since I have PT. Maybe
the forecast is wrong and there won't be so much rain.

Last week, I mailed my tax return. I found out Sat I left out a form. The IRS should
know what's missing. If not, they will ask for what wasn't sent.

robin, sorry to hear about your hand. I wish there was something that can do to fix it.

rf, great news how fast your refund came.

rs, I hope the rain is gone for a few days.

Wilde Woman, I hope your work day is going well.

Bye for now. It's back to the flowerbed.

They've been hyping for days about this storm that was coming through here this evening. Maybe the same one that's heading toward you, Kat. It appears to have missed here altogether and is heading northeast.

We were to have severe weather tonight.... still coming but now after midnight.... severe weather.... with hail and potential tornadoes, we have the wind already noting else..... it should move out by 8 am tomorrow.... going to be a sleepless night.... was hoping it would be ending by midnight not starting.... Oh well.....

robin, I hope your storms weren't very bad. I woke up before 2 when it started storming. It
seems to be gone now.

Back