4/18/23 - Donuts, Sunshine & Snow!

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
341687450_3616730588555628_2564139302731364920_n.jpg

Good morning..... well it's morning here..... anyway.... while I'm not dealing with snow our temps have fallen 15 degrees or so.... we were in the 90's yesterday and today we will be "gasp" in the 70's..... oh the horrors..... but what that does mean is the cold front dropping out temps today will mean more icky weather your way.....
The POD arrives today..... tomorrow HB's daughter will arrive.... she leaves Saturday and my sister comes the following Tuesday..... crunch time now..... HB also has packed nothing in his room..... yet....

kat..... if I could I'd be there to help you..... I like the idea of trying the college there for younger folk who might be willing to help.....

It's sunny and will be in the 80s this afternoon.

My mower told me yesterday he was mowing this afternoon. He does four other yards besides mine in area.
He usually does mine first. He's doing mine almost last so I'll have to wait to work outside. I can work on
my studies.

My brother's neighbor wrote me this morning and found out can't get a dumpster. I told her she could
have his new microwave. She doesn't work and I told her I would pay her to clean up bathroom area.
The garbage can should be empty and more things can be put in now.

Sunday I got a suggestion for lawyer. I called today and message was can't talk to them now. I sent
email. If I don't hear back, I have another one to try.

Kris, I hope Cal does well at the track meet.

robin, I like the younger folk suggestion too, but I would need access to brother's money before I could hire anyone.
Good luck getting the final packing done.

Wishing everyone a pleasant afternoon.

Nanahl.........as I was reading your post, I have no idea why, but two words sprang forward to me, now owns..........cuz backwards they say........Snow Won!!! LOLOL

Good evening. I had a long, busy day and took care of two things that I'd been dreading and putting off. Got my driver's license renewed. Texas has changed the process. You have to make an appointment well ahead of time, either online or by phone--without speaking to a real person. Then take your birth certificate to the Dept. of Motor Vehicles.

Next I went to Verizon and bought a new cell phone. I'd been agonizing for weeks over what to get. Finally bit the bullet on that and it took quite a while to get all that set up. Also went to Wal-Mart and United and Tractor Supply.

The best thing that happened was that I went to my favorite Mexican restaurant and when I went to pay out I was told that someone had paid for my meal. What a surprise! I have no idea who did it but it was much appreciated. There could have been someone in there that I know but didn't see or it could have been a complete stranger. I know people do things like that sometimes.

It was partly sunny--lots of clouds at times--and warm here today, and quite windy. I felt like I was being pummeled every time I got out of the car. But at least is was dry and not cold!

One lady who was trying to get her driver's license was having a hard time of it. Apparently she'd been married and divorced several times and had lived in different states. She was being told she would have to bring in divorce papers from each marriage! She was having a hard time with this and explained she had gotten her license renewed in Texas before without this. The clerk insisted it didn't make any difference. I didn't listen to enough to understand the whole thing but I felt sorry for the lady. It's bad enough to have to bring in a birth certificate.

he was being told she would have to bring in divorce papers from each marriage!
that is as stupid as the clerk telling me I could change the title on my car as soon as my dead mother signed the form...... even though I had the page of her will giving me the car notarized and with me.....AND her death certificate.... Why the DMV or here in Arizona where we do things differently MVD clerks think they have so much power??

They don't really know how to interpret the law/rule so just make up their own. I still am having I tough time with an insurance company that keeps sending dividend checks made out to my husband, despite having the death certificate, despite having paid out on the insurance itself after hubby died, just won't change the shares over to my name. My atty. had 3 other cases, exactly like it from same company. !!!!

Boy! Do I sympathize with all those problems with licenses and insurance, etc. So far I have been able to renew driver's license without going in. Just done by mail. I know someone in Texas that has been married 9 times. She worked for the DMV. After her 8th marriage, they told her she could no longer change her driver's license for a "name change"! I don't know what she did when she married the 9th time. Her daughter, my ex-daughter-in-law is on her 3rd husband!

I am still fighting paperwork that has my husband's name on it. He has been dead for almost 2 years!

Also fighting with Sears (Protection Plan) for 8 months. I have proof and have sent it to Sears, Experian and TransUnion who ALL claim to be working on it, yet I just received ANOTHER Citi Bank bill; now up to 144.00 from an original $52.99! THe strange thing also is that it was up over $200 a few months ago. I sent certified letter to Sears with all the info and a letter stating everything and asking them to send letters to the 3 credit people involved telling them it was Sears' fault, not mine. Still not done. I have kept record of over 30 hours of phone calls since September of 2022. I guess I should just PAY the D--- thing and hope to get my money back with it is settled. :( !

My atty. feels just as I do........the delay by the companies is so they can hold on to whatever you are entitled to as long as possible,,,,,,in my case, figuring I would become exasperated over the delays, red tape, stalling, etc. and just quit, thus they hold on to everything.
You won't get anything back, ever. The 3 similar other cases my atty is working on have been on going for months, despite forms having been submitted 3 or 4 times, over and over.

Ugh. I still have a couple of things in my huband's name, after 4 1/2 years! Too complicated (or impossible) to get it changed. But then when I bought the new cell phone yesterday the guy at Verizon saw that it was still in my husband's name so he changed it right there without even being asked.

Back