4/19/23 - Donuts and Warm Again?

redsquirrel

Reaction score
Good morning everyone. We had a hard frost last night with temps down in the 20s. The weather pundits are calling for a warm up into the 60s today and the 80s tomorrow. Mother Nature just can't make up her mind.

Doing prep work for kindergarten registrations Thursday, Friday, and all of next week. They're always easy days, and the school nurses have arranged for someone to take my equipment out of the car and in the schools this year.
kat, prayers have been going up for you with the difficult situation you've found yourself in with your brother's passing.

It's cloudy and very windy today. It will be in the 70s this afternoon. I'll be outside because
rain tomorrow. Temps going up and down for the next week with rain at times.

I have a doctor appt tomorrow to see what needs to be done about me not sleeping. My
brother's doctor friend has contact with another friend that may help. I'm giving the lawyer
I called Tues 15 more minutes (no one answering phone yet) before I call someone else.
I washed sheet and it's blowing in the wind.

A friend called the care person at my church last Monday, but I never got a call. I finally
called her today. She said her phone doesn't always work .

Mother Nature needs to see a doctor and discuss her hot and cold flashes :)

rs, I hope the prep work and school visits go well.

Wishing everyone a wondrous day.

Update-found a lawyer that wants to help me. I think previous one is using an
answering service.

Last edited:
NY got cold again. Heat coming up. Last night in the 40s. Currently 51. At least it is sunny, though quite windy.

redsquirrel - I agree with Kat about Mother Nature's hot and cold flashes. She can't make up her mind. That prep work sounds like a busy schedule.

Kat - Prayers will never stop. So glad you found a lawyer. The answering service is not ideal for clients requiring an actual person. Try to get out when weather permits. Sunshine can definitely have a positive effect on you. I do hope you get help for the insomnia. It is surely stress related, you have a lot on your plate. As others have said, breathe, hydrate, eat, take care of YOU!

Wishing all a delightful "Hump Day."

Good-Morning-Have-a-wonderful-wednesday.jpg

Good Morning all!

It's 77 degrees this morning at 11:30! I have been working on fighting various companies (as I've written on other threads)! So frustrating. I have an injection in my knee this afternoon hoping to ward off knee replacement. At 79, I really don't want to have another surgery.

As some of you know, I have been fighting severe insomnia for about 2 years. I FINALLY have another sleep study; this time a the Sleep Therapy Research Center in San Antonio. They feel they can help. Recommended by my neurologist. It's on Friday night 5/12. I am praying for some answers. I understand what Kat and others with sleep issues feel like. It affects ALL the other parts in your body, especially your brain!

And Kat, as others have said, prayers continue for your current situation(s).

Tis a cozy 39° & rain here. Yes, we just had snow, will be having it again. As we all have noticed, Mother Nature's PMS really acting up, causing huge mood swings. LOL Keeps slamming the door shut in Miss Spring's face. Tsk, tsk, temper, temper. Wind is picking up, too. Oh, well......Mr. Sun takes a rest for a bit, then will return (tho it is supposed to continue like this the whole week!)

I got a surprise call from my cousin. His dad my dad's brother. Some how he found out my brother died.
I have pictures of his dad I've been meaning to send to him. I saw him last 2015 at my mom's funeral probably
during this time since she died April 16

Kat, it seems a nice surprise that you heard from your cousin. It's sad how quickly families can lose contact after our parents are gone. I hope the doctor and the lawyer both turn out to be helpful for you. Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Poirot when I turned on my tv this morning it was on RFDTV, the farm channel, and the weather guy was showing the weather all across the country. He mentioned more snow headed your way. I keep remembering how you've said you can't count on warm (for gardening) until after Memorial Day. I sure hope you don't keep getting snow for that long!

Nana, I hope you get some relief too, with the knee injection and the sleep study.

Wilde Woman, I guess there's no place where the wind can't reach. Glad you don't have rain with it.

Squirrel, I woke up this morning thinking about your traveling cup! :eek: It's good the nurses are providing some help for moving your equipment. I'd like to think that would continue even after you are completely healed but that's probably too great an expectation. I've always been of the opinion that the schools should help you lug that stuff around.

I woke up around 4:00 this morning, after going to bed at 11:00. I didn't even have anything on my mind. In fact, I was relieved to have taken care of my driver's license and getting a phone yesterday, and had expected to sleep better than I did. Around 10 this morning I took a long, hard nap and have felt hung over ever since. Ah well, I'm glad to not have any deadlines and to be able to stay inside. It's sunny but very windy, I think around 90*. Once again we are under fire dangers.

Back