4/20/2022 - Donuts and a Scorcher

Old Cowgirl

Reaction score
The wind roared all night and I don't think the weather guesser was guessing this morning, when he said it is going to continue throughout today, tonight, and tomorrow. But there is an extra layer to it today. Yesterday the temperature was in the 60s*. Today it's supposed to reach 100*. Sounds like a convection oven!

Hope everyone has a good day. I'm cooking my breakfast. Been up since 5:00.

OC, I hope you don't have to be out in that today. The heat sounds horrible enough. Adding that wind to it just sounds like "H - E - Double Hockey Sticks " !!

We finally get a sunny day, and the temp is supposed to hit the mid 50s. Whatever is causing OC's early high temp is going to hit here this weekend. We'll have August-like weather in the high 80s. That's just crazy.

I better get myself in gear. I have to do a presentation for clients at our office this morning. I know most of the ones coming so it should go well.

Last edited:
Gloomy overcast here, forecast for rain and more rain.......We have temps around 40s-50 for next few days, and then on Saturday it says 70! Go figure. Sunday....back down. LOL. I love how different weather sites give differing forecasts. LOL One said it was gonna rain steady all day today, another that it would be "periods" of rain.
Tis windy out there, glad we had sun yesterday, melted a lot of the snow. (still wearing winter jackets/coats, tho).
Right now, past time for me to get dressed........no hurry, as not goin anywhere, at least so far. LOL
Stay dry, stay in, stay safe!

Good Morning,
My trainees are in a meeting so I have a minute to pop in and say hi.
It's cloudy here, but no rain at the moment. Choir practice and confirmation for us tonight.

OC - yuck 100 in April, sounds dreadful. This morning was I wearing clothes, to keep the chill off my fingers.
RS- god luck on your presentation
Kris - stay safe in all that rain
Poirot - I hope the rain slows down for you a bit.

Have a wonderful day!!

Good morning..... we missed 100 yesterday we were only 99.... no tears shed here to miss the century mark it will come soon enough... we were windy all day too..... it was miserable.... feeling groggy as back on the allergy meds in an effort to avoid another ear infection.....

Have a great Wednesday......

Just Cloudy here! I have been trying to track orders this morning. Two sent back by postal service without delivery! Don't know why
Another company keeps saying I owe them $97+ but I explained over and over and over again that They duplicated the order so I sent second one back unopened!. Never did get straightened out. I'm just going to send to Norton. It's been a mess since trying to remove husband from accounts. I should have just kept him alive. LEARN FROM THIS EVERYONE!

Have a follow-up exam tomorrow with surgeon. Hope to get the binder off. Lost 90 libs now! Goal was originally another 20, but I may give up on that. It's been slow but steady. Nurse son is taking me to appt.

Just finished catching up a lot of financial stuff in the office. Almost done with all my husband and sister's paper work. Maybe it will normalize now. It is only 12:15 but I feel like I've put in 8 hours. I'm going to go watch some recorded shows.

Have a great day all!

I was able to walk this morning since the rain and thunderstorms for today disappeared somewhere. It's cloudy,
damp and cool today. Not a good day to be outside, but a good day to do the summary <ha, ha>

OC, that's a terrible temperature for April. I hope your day is going well.

rs, enjoy your sunny day.

Poirot, I hope you'll just be getting rain and no white stuff.

manda, good to see you pop in today.

robin, I hope the allergy medicine works.

Nanahl, I hope your appointment goes well tomorrow.

Time to go watch the show :)

Enjoy the rest of your day everyone.

Kat, when I turned on a weather report early this morning it looked like heavy clouds over most of your state. I'm glad your thunderstorms disappeared.

Nana, I left my husband's name on three things, for the same reason. There was no uncomplicated way to get it off. Hope your exam with the surgeon goes well. Congratulation on the loss of pounds.

Aww, come on, Robin, I know deep down you must really miss hitting that triple digit mark. If your allergy medicine makes you groggy, you might as well kick up your heels and rest. There's no fighting it.

Manda, glad you stopped in. Enjoy the choir practice and confirmation tonight.

Poirot, you are way ahead of me. I never did get dressed today. I haven't been feeling well the past few days. No energy or will to do the things I want to get done.

Kris, I so wish you could send me some of that rain, even if it had to have thunderstorms with it. The grass in my yard had grown up green and fresh and tall (in some places). I kept meaning to contact my mower but hadn't. Then this morning I noticed the grass is starting to dry up so I think I'll wait and see if we get any rain this weekend. We have a 30-40% chance, along with much cooler temperatures.

Squirrel, I hope your presentation went well. So far, the temperature here has made it only to the mid-90s* but it seems to peak late in the day so we'll see. There are a few things I need/want to get done but I can't handle being knocked around in the wind. It doesn't take much for me to topple over even in the best of conditions. I only went out to feed the birds and fill a hummer feeder and get some paper towel out of the guest house.

Kat I wish ours went away but the skies seem to be clearing up now.

Manda have a good night!

OC I would happily send you some rain, we have had quite a bit lately so I don’t mind sharing.

Siege got to see Tryn this afternoon and talk to her, that made her so happy to verify her safety.

Rain began around 3 p.m. and is still raining. Steady, and hard, wind died down. But ...there are NO more snow patches anywhere around me. Am sure the huge hills from plows are still on the corners, but, tis nice to see all grass, even if it is brown. LOL. I stayed in, cuz I figured it would begin raining "any minute" from how it looked, and now am sorry I did not at least venture out this a.m. to finish up, and run to the store, as they say rain next few days. Ugh. Still better than snow. They DID get snow, a lot, up north of here, so the weatherman said on TV, I saw video, so at least we escaped that, at least for now. Who knows, this weather is so up and down, one just doesn't know any more.........anywhere.

Back