4-21-18 - Donuts & gardening

Lil0, I hope it was warmer and dryer at your place than here, if you were out way early. I can't imagine it being nearly light at 5:30. It's pitch dark here then. The sun is coming up now at around 7:10 or so. I know you are enjoying your gardening. I hope it flourishes mightily for you!

I'm sitting here watching the birds eat the seed I put out. I'm getting up about every 10-15 minutes to chase off the turkeys. I don't know if they have a strategy or not. There are 4 toms staying in one spot south of the yard, while various hens come sneaking up from the south and the east. As soon as I open the door to yell at the hens, the toms sound off in unison, immediately, before I even get my head out the door. I guess they are playing guard dog. It is amusing but also gets tiresome. I bought a hanging feeder on Thursday, in hopes the smaller birds will eat from it and that the turkeys won't attempt it but I haven't had a chance to find a way to hang it yet.

We had half an inch of rain overnight, still overcast and very wet but I suspect the rain is finished for here, unless some more builds later. I can almost see my newly mowed grass growing again. No complaints, as that means the pasture grass is growing as well. It's chilly, in the 50s* today, maybe 60* later. I'm staying home and inside. Have a good day, everyone, if you can.

Good afternoon all. Well, my vision is back to normal at last. I am one that it takes forever for the dialating drops to wear off , plus I guess I had extra for the laser surgery. Vision was very blurry/fuzzy, tho I could watch TV. When I wrote the summary, honestly, just wrote, as could not read what I was typing very well at all. LOL

Wanted to go to store yesterday after the eye doc, but with the vision not normal, just went home. I thought I'd be able to go maybe late afternoon. Nope. I had all the drapes closed because of the sun. Yep, sunshine yesterday, and again today.

THE SNOW IS MELTING! Oh, lots of it left, it probably will take a couple weeks to get rid of what is on ground, but not what is piled up by the plows. We do need the nights to be above 32, but they are in the 20s. But hey, it is 52°. And although I am wearing a turtle neck and V neck sweater, I wore a lite jacket out. LOL Hey, that is a BIG deal, don't laugh! Got gas for the car, too. Very little breeze out there, so feels nice.

Hubby saw 3 geese fly in,

Hopefully, they will show some clips on the news. Usually, I watch, but I really had to get out to the store.

Happy weekend to you all. It's a beautiful sunny day today and yesterday too!

I have been missing for awhile mostly because I haven't been feeling well but partly because my little chihuahua, Bonnie, went missing" for 8 days during our cold snap and pouring rain and wind. She is only normally 6 pounds, but lost a pound and a half while gone.

She ran after something and got lost. We live in a very rural area of 5-40 acres with coyotes, big night owls, many hawks and a resident raccoon with many relatives. All the neighbors were alerted and she was found in a man's woodpile on the 9th day she was lost. He and his wife brought her home and I almost fainted. We were all sure that after being lost that long one of the wild critters had gotten her. She's really small and a short haired, so she was really cold.. The couple have a Pomeranian and it found her in the woodpile. So happy to have her home and she had her 8th birthday on the 15th all alone.

Took her to the vet and she is doing well. Had a tiny tick above her eye and something was chewing on the edges of her ears. Got the tick removed and meds for her and she's almost back to normal.

Everyone had prayer chain going and they worked!!

Will be back soon and visit with you all. Hope you have some beautiful weather now. I need a nap!!!

Hugs to you all, Joanie

Oh Newt, how relieved and happy you must be, to have gotten Bonnie back home safe and sound! Not too many stories like that would have a happy ending. I bet you have more than made up for missing her birthday. I'm glad you stopped in to share that with us. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Poirot, it's good to hear you are having some thawing and were able to wear only a light jacket. So glad your vision has cleared up. I found out there are different dilating drops, some last much longer than others. I went to a second ophthalmologist this week about the cataract surgery. He said so long as I can drive and function, he'd recommend not doing the surgery because of the migraines and all the drops that have to be used. He said it won't hurt anything to put it off.

In discussing the drops with him, I learned about not all dilating drops being the same. The one he used for the exam that day wore off before I went to bed that night, and though my niece did drive for me that day, I could have managed to get myself home. The one the other doctor had used back in the winter was so strong, there is no way I could have driven myself home, and it took more than a week for it to completely wear off!

It's been cloudy and in the 60s all day. The rain was delayed until now.
I was able to work in my flowerbed and put down another bag of mulch
this afternoon.

newt, I'm glad you found Bonnie.

JS, I had no idea the Mrs. Bush's funeral was on TV. I would have taped
it to watch later.

Poirot, I'm glad your eyes are better today.

OC, I guess the turkeys will leave when you stop feeding them. The black
birds left after they ate all the seed. I brought in the suet since they
started eating on that. The other day I threw out popcorn. It didn't long
for them to see it.

I hope everyone enjoys the rest of the day and evening.

Happy Afternoon,

My new laptop is wonderful and the windows format so updated in version 10. I am learning ..... little by little. One task is catching up with everyone today.
ts
Newt: so happy to hear Bonnie is home, the vet checked your sweet pet, and she is gaining some weight back after her journey.

Lilo: glad your day is beautiful and you are enjoying gardening.

OC: love reading about your game with the turkeys and birds. Enjoy relaxing today.

JS: I missed the services for Barbara Bush but hope they replay parts again this weekend.

Time to log into a nursing account. Wishing everyone a lovely evening.

Also watched Kennedy's funeral......Will watch the Bush funeral later tonight on the laptop. This computer, for some reason, will halt a YouTube video for a second or so. And it happens so often, and I don't know why. The internet guy said it was my computer, not the modem or connections.......so......I don't know what the problem is. Just that Windows 10 gives me a headache. LOL I wonder if another browser would be different???

Little late to the party. Spent the night at my mother's house after staying awake until 2 a.m. talking to her and my aunt. We cried a little bit, talked a lot, shared pictures of my dad when he was little. It was a good experience.

Today I took some pictures at the local school prom and now I'm eating pizza and watching Grey's Anatomy with my husband.

The Barbara Bush funeral was today? Aww, I don't get regular TV and I haven't been online much so I had no idea until now. Such a sad day for the family and the country.
:sad:

Back