4-23-18 - Donut and a New Week

Good Morning.

It is going to be 96F here and 100F by Thursday. Well, at least Robin will be happy about the heated sunshine. I now begin my 6+ months of indoor activity to avoid the afternoon blistering heat.

My new laptop is a joy. My brother surprised me with a 17" screen. He was teasing me about ordering his favorite 15". It is sleek, easy to use, and fast. I have already uploaded new themes, music, pictures, and look forward to being online much more now.

OC: enjoy your beautiful day! Maybe a quiet reflective walk just to enjoy your ranch?

KT: hoping you are safe, Remmy is happy, and your day looks bright.

Wishing all of you the best Monday possible.

Good morning.

Latei-ish last night, the phone rang. I didn't recognize the number, but I did know the name so I answered. It was someone I knew, someone I haven't seen or spoken with in, oh, 40 years??? But I knew his mom, and saw her just two years ago. He called to let me know she had passed away. The service is Sunday. So this weekend, Gus, Hunny Bunny and I are headed back to California.

This woman spent 10 hours trying to get to my mother's birthday/wake. They were that close. The weather was bad for that day she left San Diego. She got halfway up the state and was turned BACK as there was no room left in the San Francisco air space. No one was landing. Then she got on a different plane and flew to San Jose, then took a cab to the train station and took a commuter train. Then called us.

My mother knew the end was near and threw her own wake. It was a fun day. Anyway, I hope I do not have near as much trouble getting to her service. My sister and I will be driving down, while Gus and Hunny Bunny hang out in Santa Monica. I have to be back Monday by noon as I'm taking a CPR/AED/First Aid class, since I have to have a valid certificate to work at the school district.

Have a good Monday.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning! Sounds like mixed weather reports. It's icky and rainy here in Virginia, but I'm about to grab a soup and sandwich from Subway so my day is looking up. :love:

I'm scarily behind at work today, too. I made the mistake of taking a "short nap" last night at 7. Woke up at 1 a.m. And I still had four hours worth of layout work to do for my newspaper so I could have hope of meeting today's deadline. :wine:

Noel - The laptop sounds great! A 17 inch screen really would be something. I carry my laptop everywhere with me, along with everything else, so I usually stick to small screens to make it easier to carry.

Robin - That sounds like an amazing friend, indeed. I'm glad you got to reconnect, but I'm sorry for the sad circumstances surrounding the call.

OC - Sounds like a great day for walking around and taking pictures! Hope you enjoy the day and it stays pretty outside.

Good morning......sun is shining again, Yippee! Was just under 32 at 6 a.m. (bad night's sleep) & is 55 at 10 a.m. Wow! Love it, snow melting. Yes, lots to go, but tis so good to see the bare ground in places. Interesting to see all the folks who have dogs.....they are out walking them, at times. When I leave my garage, always someone!

Yesterday was 2 women, together, with 2 dogs........and then later, when I returned,. a man sitting in front of garage, with his sitting on the asphalt beside him. Yep. people not sitting in back as all these units face open fields (used to be a golf course) so the windows face trees, grass, a few garden patches. If you want to see the neighbors, I guess you have to sit out in front of the garages. LOL

Gosh Robin, am sorry about your family friend, and was so good of the son to call you. But you just got back. That is a long drive, Stay safe.

Yesterday, at church, was First Communion, and the little 2nd graders all looked so nice, and did so well. The priest did mention the vast change from last week Sunday! (our blizzard). Little S., hope you get all caught up with work.

I went to sleep at 11 p.m., woke at 1:30, finally got back to sleep, but awake at 5:30 Ugh, gonna be dragging today.

Take care all.........

Hi everyone,

We finally have a beautiful day with sunshine and temps in the low 70s. Meanwhile, I'm stuck inside all day. I had my usual early management staff meeting. Then I had 2 new administrators visit from Head Start for a tour and a meeting. My next meeting with a summer school program is at 2:00 so I have time to eat my lunch and come on line today.

I took a "squirrel" day Saturday, and went with a friend for lunch and shopping in another town. I ended up with a migraine by the time I got home. The only thing that got done Sunday was laundry. Then I was able to listen to the hockey game, but watching the blurring colors made be nauseated.

Muzzaman - the Penguins are on to round 2 in the hunt for Lord Stanley's Cup. Toronto plays again tonight. I'm still hoping for a US/Canada series along the way.

OC - I hope you have a wonderful day with no slithering creatures in your beautiful sunshine.

Noel - Enjoy your new laptop. Windows 10 isn't bad once the junk and extra programs nobody wants are hidden.

robinsnest - I'm so sorry for the loss of your family friend. Have a safe trip. I loved Santa Monica when I was there in November. I never knew there was so much do there!!

supercouple - It seemed like every news source in the country was sending out the birth announcement making my phone go crazy with the Jetsons' doorbell sound from the old cartoons.

Little-Sweetness - I'm lucky if I make it past 8:00 each night before falling asleep on the couch, and I'm much older than you.

Poirot - I love First Holy Communion Sunday. The kids look so angelic

Amanda - Watch out for that snoop!.

Last edited:
Squirrel: so glad you a fun time Saturday but so sorry about the migraine later. Glad you could check in with us all today during work. Hope your evening is relaxing.

AGuy: that is the coolest screen. I didn't know they existed so ordered one for Hubs work screen. His info is client protected and sensitive. Hope your Monday is a good one.

OC - enjoy the nice weather but watch out for those snakes.

Noel - so sorry your indoor weather has arrived. I'm glad you're thrilled with your new laptop. New toy for your indoor entertainment.

Robin - So sorry about your family friend and hope your travel to California is smooth.

Poirot - isn't it nice to be able to see parts of the ground? The best feeling after having so much snow.

Manda - I hope the "snoop" takes a break and starts watching someone else. Or better yet, being concerned with her own job.

RS - My daughter had the same problem on Sunday with her migraine. The sunny drive to church and then when she walked into the dimly lit church, it hit her like a rock.

Yesterday my husband was fixing a leak in the sprinkler system and sliced his arm really good with a utility knife, and of course, wouldn't go get stitches. He didn't want to sit for 6 hours in the ER. This morning he went into the urgent care and, of course, because it had been 17 hours, they couldn't stitch it. He said they cleaned it inside, which he said about took him to his knees (maybe next time he will go to the ER). He has strips on tape holding it together now. Hopefully that will hold it together.

We are having a beautiful week weather wise. Sunny and low 70's all week.

Have a great day, Shan

Shan: your husband's steri-strips will hold well. My Hubs is the same way about avoiding ER. Hopefully his scar will be minimal if that matters to him. Glad you were able to enjoy some outdoor time in better weather too.

JS - that is hilarious! I really believe he is a little needle phobic also. He says it was because he didn't want to wait 6 hours to be seen.

Noel - thank your for saying the steri-strips will work. After seeing the band-aids come off so easily, this morning when he showered I thought, oh great.

Back