4-24-19 - Donuts and Spring!!

redsquirrel

Reaction score
Good morning everyone. I saw that kat was on, and waited because I thought she'd start Donuts today. I have to get moving so I jumped in.

We finally have green grass and buds on the trees! It will be cooler today, but Mother Nature is gracing us with sunshine today instead of the rain that is forecast for the rest of the week.

Will pop in later this afternoon if possible.

robinsnest - take care of that knee.

Poirot - I'm sorry I missed your call. I never heard my phone while at a surprise 80th birthday dinner for my friend's hubby last night. This was the fellow who is legally blind.

Amanda - I hope you had a peaceful sleep after contacting CPS last night.

Last edited:
It's going to be cloudy all day with spots of rain. We didn't get all the rain or
thunderstorms yesterday that were in the forecast. Library time in the morning.
Bible studying later today.

rs, thanks for starting donuts. I had no idea what I should say to start it. Sounds like
you had a nice dinner with your friends.

robin, thanks for the updates on your knee. Did you just a partial knee replacement?
I hope therapy goes well for you.

manda, I hope your evening wasn't too bad last night. Don't forget to put your
case worker's number in your phone.

Wishing everyone a good day.

Morning Everyone,
Thankfully last night was quiet and peaceful at the apartment, we stopped at the dollar store to get a screen protector for Gena's cell phone, and ended up picking up a few other things that I needed and hadn't found yet, like sandwich bags. At least it's something that I know I'll use and always seem to run out of. After dinner, Gena took a bath with one of the bath bombs she got from the Easter bunny.
I emailed the voice recording from Gena and hubby's phone call to the case worker and asked for advice and help. I also let her know that Gena will be visiting her dad & aunt again tonight while I'm at choir practice. I'm not thrilled about it, but for now I can't legally keep her away completely, and if nothing else Gena likes seeing her aunt and her fish. Wednesday may become their regular night for a visit, which honestly is probably best, she's only there for about an hour and a half, so it's not too long, Gena's aunt makes dinner for them all, and saves Gena from having to sit at rehearsal with me.

RS - I'm glad you get to see sunshine today.
Kat - enjoy the library and your Bible study. I have my case workers card in my pocket so I can add it to my phone.
RK - keep up the good work on packing, it's a necessary evil when moving, but planning ahead is so helpful for an organized move.

kat - Enjoy your library time and bible study today.

rk - You're making progress. Every box brings you closer to moving. I'm glad your Dad is doing well.

Amanda - I was afraid you were going to say you had an unwanted visitor last night. Thankfully, you had a peaceful night. Prayers that it continues that way.
At least at your in-laws' house, you know Gena will be safe. They'd never let anything happen to her.

Noel - Thank you for taking care of the little angels.
A co-worker had an emergency c-section at 8 months last Thursday due to the boy twin being in distress and mom's blood pressure zooming too high. Mom and twins are fine now, and all are home. The boy weighed 4 lbs 8 oz at yesterday's checkup, and the girl was 6 lbs 10 oz. There definitely is quite a bit of difference in size.

Hey, good morning all......Got a phone call this morning, robot call......from my internet provider, letting me know service had been restored, the problem fixed, and what I might have to do when turning on computer after the outage. LOL.
Was watching TV, fell asleep around 7:30, woke up a little after nine, watched rest of New Amsterdam, local news/weather came on, must have dozed off again, but suddenly it was 10:30 and I went to bed. Yes, of course I woke up at 4 a.m. and had trouble trying to sleep again. I think finally around 5, wake at 6. Such is life.
Robin, hope you take it easy with the knee even if home, I remember when I broke my knee, yes, it took about a year to completely heal. It was September, I remember using a cane the following summer, but I was back bowling in September. Gingerly. LOL.
rk, you are making such good progress with the packing, good going. Glad you dad is feeling better each day, but for him, too, easy does it.
Mandy, you constantly amaze me, am so thankful you have all the family and friend support you do. Hope your caseworker is able to help big time! Bless your sister-in-law for stepping up to oversee the visits.
Tis very overcast here today, but NO rain in forecast! Also breezy. Grass is turning green in some places. Nice to see. A few trees have buds, others.....guess it is a waiting game. As we note......we don't plant flowers til Memorial Day. (yes, a possibility of snow on Saturday, rain, too, or maybe a mix, Ha)
Oh, by the way, the doctor visit, lab tests, etc. all were fine. My doc said I was a joy for him to see, such a cheerful attitude, despite the problems. But heck, as I told him, just sit in the waiting room for a bit, see other people, much worse off, and thank the good Lord.

Good morning everyone,

It's been awhile since I checked into here. I hope everyone enjoyed the holidays and is doing well regarding health/family's health/friends' health. The Philly area has been blessed with a beautiful and early spring. I've been going for a lot of walks in addition to going to the gym just about everyday.

I also have been writing more for different media outlets. Actually, just yesterday I was published in a think-tank in Tel Aviv (Begin-Sadat Center for Strategic Studies) that is affiliated with Bar-Ilan University (where I one day want to get my PhD), so that's pretty exciting! I also have a few ceremonies coming up at my university that are honoring LGBT graduates (we get a lavender cord) and graduating students of color (we get some kind of special garment with an insignia, depending on the student's background). Then, I have another ceremony where I'm being inducted into the Phi Beta Delta Honor Society for International Scholars. I'll get a certificate and a medal. And finally my graduation ceremony is in May, so I'll have to wear all of that stuff with my graduation attire. One of my friends from New Orleans might be coming out to visit me around that time as well.

Hope all of you have a nice day.

RS - now that I'm out of the house, Gena actually visits her dad there, but my sister & brother-in-law go there to supervise. She likes to find treasures that were left behind and bring them home with her, last time it was a couple of Barbies and the margarine that I forgot to grab (he'll only eat real butter).
DaysD - Congrats on all of the new articles you've been writing, that's amazing.
Poirot - welcome back to internet land. I'm glad your tests came back with good results. Thank you, some days I amaze myself and others I just hope I don't mess things up too badly. Lately I feel like I'm living this song from the old Christmas Movie "Santa Claus is Coming to Town"

morning all sleeping in my own bed really makes a difference I'll tell ya.....
Moving better today so that is encouraging.... Son is going to visit Stepmother and do all the stuff, bank, post office, grocery store, things with her that I'd do if I could get there...... so that will be excellent... Hunny Bunny will stay and babysit me......
gotta run Son is taking computer to stepmothers to share Easter videos of the great grandkids...

Poirot, glad to see you post after your internet being down. I'm glad your tests were
fine and you made your doctor's day.

manda, I'm glad your night went well.

DaysD, thanks for the update on your life. What are your plans after graduation?

Good afternoon. I had a routine doctor's appointment this morning. After that, I ate at a cafe while I was in town. Had smothered pork chop. Very good. As I came home I noticed some more wildflowers had appeared along my driveway, so I went back and took some pictures. Lots of milkweed grows along there, along with daisies and some other things. Should be butterflies later.

Good to hear about all of you. Robin, a year for recovery? Wow! Take care, everyone. I'm a little tired right now. Will check back later.

We are celebrating THE FIRST HUMMINGBIRD of the season! Makes smile to think that at least some things don't change so much - the hummers have shown up at our home between April 24 and 26 every year for the past 25 years! YIPPEE!!! Smiles, sun and hugs for you all!!

I follow Hugh Jackman he will be bring The Music Man back to Broadway in the fall of 2020. I may have to plan a trip to the city to see that...
I met with the in home Physical Therapist today. I have a lot of work to do, but on the other hand it hasn't been 48 hours since the surgery so she warned me to not beat my self up if I can't bend my knee to 90 degrees yet.

Shan, I hear you about non stop phones. I do not miss that now that I'm home I am not answering the phones. Unpacking AND answering phones, what a nightmare.....

Have a good evening all.....

Back