4/24/24 - Donuts and National Pig in a Blanket Day

Good morning rf and everyone yet to pop in.

Just sitting in the elementary school library waiting for the little ones to start coming in for kindergarten registration.

We're having a cold dreary rainy day. The sky looks plain ugly right now. At least it'll be a good day for screening since the sun isn't streaming in the windows.

Sunshine, but brrrr. 26 outside, inside it was 66! Shivering for sure.Put the fireplace on to take the chill off, when it ups to 70, will shut off.
Maybe outside will get to 53 today..........note I said maybe. Spring is walking in pretty slowly. LOL

Good morning.... it appears Wednesday is the day the crew will move my plants and put grass cuttings on my patio.......
mowing crew.jpg
the hope is they will come blow all of the cut grass off the patio. They didn't do it last week. The potted plants will need to be moved back to the edge of the patio too. Princess Problems Robin, Princess Problems.......

I forgot I had an HOA meeting for our cabin last night so I missed the first group of the band concert. All of the high schools were invited to come with their Jazz Bands and play in the round. The audience sat in the middle the bands sat around them. My meeting finished early they didn't have a quorum so things were talked about but nothing could be voted on and once done Vinnie and I packed up and headed to the concert. He guarded the car and I sat outside the ring, sort of backstage and enjoyed the music. The district has some very talented people.

I hope everyone enjoys their Wednesday......

It's partly cloudy and in the 70s. Rain later, maybe. The forecast is changed so rain
for 4 days instead of over a week.

This morning, I decided to work outside since the today's rain postponed. I went to
Bible class, but skipped the lecture. I was able to work outside 30 minutes before lunch.
I have PT this afternoon so I can't be outside.

rs, I hope your work day is going well.

robin, good luck with the yard crew.

rf, were the deer in the trailer park.

Wishing everyone a lovely rest of the day.

:)

Pigs+in+a+Blanket+2016.jpg

Glad those deer were on the side, and not standing in middle of the road. Once had to stop and wait patiently til the deer finally decided to meander off to the side, and then into the woods.

Hard to believe there is actually a day named for pigs in a blanket.........and for those who are wondering what the blazes those are..............Hot dogs, polish or italian sausage wrapped in a biscuit or croissant dough.........then baked in the oven. And no, I never made one, but as a kid, my Milwaukee relatives did, so I partook back then.

what a fun day today hasn't been..... first the good news the yard crew did clean up the patio very well. I had to move the pots back but that's okay. The clippings are not all over the patio. The bad I received an email asking if I had just purchased a $350 item at Wal-Mart. Nope, so I called the number on the back of my credit card I cancelled the card. But CHASE wouldn't let me log in. So I had them transfer me to tech where they said they were aware of issues and in an hour or so, it would be fine. I'm kinda wondering is it just my credit card that was used fraudulently or is my entire bank account toast? Don't know still can't log in to see anything. Now at least the bank's webpage says they are encountering problems try again later. Go to a branch you say??? Ah... Chase Bank at this time has two locations in Kansas City a 4 hour drive from me or I could go to Oklahoma a shorter 2.5 hour drive to find a branch there. In mid to late July Chase is opening a location in Wichita!!! but I hope this issue is resolved by then....

Robin....that is just terrible! I think you are in the same time zone as me...........are banks in your area open late (they close here by 5, mostly by 4:30 P.M.

I hadn't thought of pigs in a blanket in a long time. Sounds good but I doubt it would taste good to me. I wish something would taste good. I went to two towns today. Picked up a prescription, went to Wal-Mart and United. Ate Mexican food. Even that tasted blah to me. Nothing tastes good anymore. I'm starting to wonder if Covid may have done permanent damage to me in that respect. Probably not, as I was already having the problem some before I got Covid in September but it seems worse now. It's not that I can't taste anything at all
but nothing is appealing and when Mexican food tastes bland, something's not right.

Oh well....it was cloudy but warm today, some would say hot. It was nice not to need a jacket outside but I did wear one in the stores. I had to take an ice chest with ice for my cold food in the car.

Robin, that really stinks. I'm so sorry you're having to deal with the credit card and bank thing.

Back