4-25-2019 - French Toast and Cranberry Juice

Noel

Reaction score
Happy Rudolph Day - If you are counting! If you are asking What? That is the 25th day of each month until Christmas. Children love to pick breakfast and this was their request -- sweet French toast with syrup and tart cranberry juice to drink? Hey, only 50% of their DNA is mine -- and this half isn't it! :clap:

It is regulatory meeting time which means long boring days reviewing charts, budget, stats, etc. Just two more days until the weekend and sleep plus the Endgame movie!

Hoping each of you have a Thursday scheduled that is much more fun, relaxing and fulfilling. I will not have access to anything but my phone on breaks -- but usually the reviewers accompany us to the cafeteria. I am working on a perkier attitude..............working, working, working.............:rolleyes:

Good morning everyone. A cool day here with storms coming. You know I'm thrilled about the rain. :rolleyes:

I still have a lot of clean, unpacking, and arranging equipment and materials in my office. No clue as to when I'll start working on the clinic. Most of it has to wait for today since I need to help casework with the food bank pickups and deliveries for clients.

Oh my word, syrup and cranberry juice! I just couldn't do that combination, Noel. Good luck with the reviewers.

robinsnest, I'm glad you have some help with the step-mom this weekend. Geez, you'd think her own kids and grand kids would step up at least onec in a while.

Amanda - I hope all went well with Gena's visit last night.

A rainy day here. Tomorrow will be nice so I'm hoping to get the weeding/mulching done
on the front flowerbed. Rain in forecast starting Sat and everyday next week. Since it
will be in the 70s, chance of thunderstorms too.

Noel, good luck with the reviewers today. I hope you can mention all the overtime you've
been doing.

rs, good luck with your unpacking and doing your regular work.

robin, I'm wishing you a better day everyday with your knee. I'm glad your son
is going to help with step mom.

manda, I've been thinking you and Gen since last night. I hope it went well.

DaysD, I wish all of us here didn't live all over the US. It would nice if we coud
give
you a send off before your move.

Wishing everyone the best possible day the can have.

Good morning, all ~
Gulp. I could handle the cranberry juice, but not the syrup. :)
Moving is one of my least favorite things to do. So, I feel for anyone having to go through it ~ for whatever reasons.
I have a neurologist appointment this morning. I have no idea what, if anything, he is going to be able to tell me. But I have been feeling fine -- with no more brain malfunctions. [other than the usual :rotfl:]

Wishing you all a good Thursday.

Hi all. Mom took dad to the hospital last night, he had some awful shoulder pain. But his chest x-ray was good. They kept him overnight to be on the safe side. This morning mom talked to the nurse and and my dad a wonderful night. My dad has never had a wonderful night sleeping on a hospital bed.

Back from the first food bank at Catholic Charities, and food delivered to clients. Will be going out in an hour to the Salvation Army for the next round of pick ups for different clients. The food banks are in different towns, and the clients have to sign up at the one in their area. They can't go to both.

kat - Enjoy the rainy day so you can have some "me" time to relax.

Lil0 - Prayers are going up that you have a good check up at your appointment.

rk - Prayers continue for your Dad.

Lil0, I hope whatever the neurologist has to say will be all about encouraging. I'm guessing it will be, since it's been awhile and you've been doing well.

Kat, rain all next week? I was going to say this time I won't be sending it to you but I just looked and it seems it's in our forecast too. Hmmm. I wasn't counting on that.

Squirrel, I can barely keep up with my own business. I'm blown away by all the different things you have to coordinate and keep track of at your work--not even counting all you do with volunteering and helping friends, etc. on your own time.

Noel, I had French toast this morning too. I had to smile about Rudolph Day, and how much you enjoy and look forward to Christmas. Maybe keeping that mental image of Rudolph will help keep the attitude in check, throughout this tedious day of meetings.

Degrassi, what an enriching experience it will be for you, living in Israel. Best wishes!

Robin, did I understand correctly that you won't be going back to work before July? Also, are you going to be able to work retiring in with all this? Sorry I can't remember the details of what all you've said about it. I'm so glad your son is helping you.

It's sunny here today, will reach 81* I heard on the news this morning that it's supposed to get to 98* in Phoenix today. Noel, I truly feel for you. It's just too early for hovering at the triple digit mark! Robin, I hope your knee will start to bend before too long. At those temps, you're going to need to dangle your legs in the pool, at least.

I have an appointment for a haircut late this afternoon. I'm not used to going out late in the day so it kinda throws me off, but I needed/wanted it at the earliest possible date. It's at that stage where something's gotta give! I don't have anything else planned for the day but there's always plenty calling out to me, if I will just get up and do it.

Rk, what a relief, that your dad checked out okay. Having a wonderful night at the hospital may have been because he was worn out from all he's been through.

Morning Everyone,
Gena's visit with her dad went about as she expected he moped and was gloomy and only wanted to snuggle and watch tv. She did enjoy the potato soup my sister-in-law made for dinner, so at least some part of it was good. I spoke with CPS yesterday, they are concerned that he doesn't seem interested in Gena's needs, so they are going to set up a few visits at their offices. They will provide transportation from school to the office and supervise and observe their visits until I get out of work and can pick her up. They are also going to talk to him about the phone conversations and visits they've had so far, but I asked them to wait to talk to him until today, so as not to make last night more difficult.
Tonight Gena, my friend, and I will be attending 90's Throwback night at the local AAA baseball game, 90's pricing, music and jerseys. We got front row tickets for only $5 a seat.

Noel - hope your meetings go quickly today. What a silly breakfast combination your kids picked.
RS - you are one amazing lady.
RK - glad you dad checked out okay, good that your mom acted fast to get him back in.
OC - enjoy your haircut, I need one desperately.
Lil0 - I sure hope the neurologist has an idea of what happened, even though you haven't had new episodes, I had for them to come back.
Kat - I wish I lived closer to you, I'd love to get out and play in the dirt.

morning all.....
OC.... I had planned on working till June 30th the end of the school's fiscal year.... however... if I'm not to be allowed to go back to work till July then yes, I will retire before I can go back to work. Short term disability has denied my claim as my knee was a pre-existing issue so they don't have to pay out..... I need to move to Salem I guess.....
Hunny Bunny and Son were able to get the motor fixed and installed and now the pool filter is working so instead of turning a nasty shade of green we are blue... not quite right but better.... whooo hooo.... and the water is at 78 so they can swim.... I'm not getting in quite yet...... even if I didn't have this incision on my leg I wouldn't be getting in till it hits 85....

Manda I'm sure your soon to be ex will be very open to all suggestions made by CPS...... have a great time at the ball game.... sounds like a lot of fun.... so strange to hear about the 90's being a "throwback" decade..... sheesh it was just yesterday...... LOL

On to round two of today's PT sessions......

I wanted to give everyone an update about the Finches. Mrs Finch has been in the
basket singing since yesterday. I read today Purple finches can have two families in a
season. I'll let you know if she has more babies. I went back to some old posts and
the first babies left about 12 days after they were born.

manda, sorry to hear about Gena's visit with her dad. I'm glad the CPS suggested supervised
visits at their office. Enjoy the baseball game tonight.

Lil0, I hope your appt went well this morning.

rk, I'm glad you dad at a restful sleep at the hospital.

OC, enjoy your new hairdo.

Good afternoon everyone,

Thanks for the well-wishes! I'll still be on as often as I can here. I don't think they have Days over there, but maybe I'm wrong. In any case, I'll most likely need the summaries, and I can keep in touch with y'all.
Just caught up on Days after finishing a workout at the gym. Sometimes, I see it on the TV there. Weather here is mild--rain due to come. I'm going to see the new Avengers movie tonight with my dad and my younger two siblings. My dad finished his (second) doctoral dissertation defense last night, which was great.
RK, glad to hear your dad's going to be fine. Lil0, hoping that your appointment went well.

Hope all of you have a nice day!

Noel - you are cracking me up. I see you running all over the hospital on your lunch break trying to ditch the reviewers just to read the Spectator!

RS - good luck with all you have to get done - you have a lot on your plate right now.

Kat - sorry about the amount of rain you have coming. The babies really left after only 12 days. That seems so little.

Lilo - good luck with your appt. today. Hopefully you hear some good news.

RK - so glad your Dad is better and had a good night!

OC - I hope you make it to your hair appt. - I almost had to cancel mine yesterday and I would have been really mad if I did - I waited way too long this time.

Manda - I bet it's just a matter of time before Gena starts asking if she really has to go visit?

Robin - I'm with you - I don't get in the pool unless it's 82 or warmer! Hope your knee is doing better today!

Get this one - My daughters husband has his own Landscaping business and does very well not bragging he just does really nice work. He has been trying to hire a few people to strictly just mow on his accounts like apartment complex's and nursing homes. NO ONE wants to work - he has advertised for weeks. He called Pro People and they even can't get people to work. Yesterday he and his crew were at a huge restaurant cleaning the entire area around the building and then laying river rock in the flower beds. They could have used some extra hands - there was a guy standing on the corner with a sign - will work for food. So Hector walked over and said if I go in and get you a full meal will you do some work for me. Hector said you could tell he was a meth user but he smiled and said let me work first then I will take that meal. Hector said he worked harder than any other he had ever seen. So, at lunch he went in and bought him a huge lunch. When he was done with lunch he said can I work until were done for my dinner. Hector of course agreed. At dinner time Hector asked him what he wanted and he got it for him plus he stopped at Subway and bought him a $50.00 gift certificate. Asked him if he wanted to work tomorrow and the guy laughed and said no thanks - that will do me for awhile? He pays 20.00 an hour so it's not that - nobody wants to work in this city?

Have a great day

Good late afternoon. I delayed coming on here, as it was another overcast cloudy day, looking like rain.........but, the sun came out around 2 or 3. Well, at least for a while, but the temp went up to 60!. Not jumpin thru hoops, as now the cold front moves in. Sat. is supposed to perhaps....yes...the S word....in the morning, but then change over to rain.
I just rain out for a couple quick errands, finally found a digital rain gauge, just hope it works well. Really like my other one, half the price of this one, and had it for several years. Fingers crossed.

Good afternoon.
Oh, Poirot! No! not more snow! Well, at least it won't last. Maybe not stick???

My neurologist appt. went well. Basically -- he doesn't see anything wrong with me. lol. I think he is not absolutely sure about that TIA diagnosis I got in January. He is calling for the hospital records and will then get in touch with me re his "take" on all the test results. [He does think dehydration might have contributed.] He says my description of the March ER visit is consistent with the TGA diagnosis. So, where does this leave me? Focus on staying well hydrated. Monitor any reactions to possible allergens. Still have a lot of questions. Maybe the fact that these episodes happened over a short time period is just coincidental and they are unrelated???? I may never get all the answers I want. But, the good news is apparently I am well and have nothing to worry about right now. :)

Back