4/27/21 - Donuts, clouds and breeze

katmouse

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Today is going to be cloudy with wind. I'll be wearing my warm outdoor clothes today.

I didn't realize until recently how much dirt has been made over the years in the flowerbed.
Some of the rocks aren't high enough to catch the mulch from falling into the yard now. I
decided yesterday to remove some of the dirt along the edge of the bed and fix the rocks
so they are higher.

rs - I hope Cindy is feeling better today.

I hope everyone has a pleasant day.

Back in the office after screening at a school in the northern part of my county. Then stopped on the way back to buy some things to put in a raffle basket that services is putting together for our agency's golf scramble in June.

Some good news and bad news today.

Good news: Cindy had a chemical stress test this morning and it showed absolutely nothing wrong.

Bad news: Cindy had a chemical stress test this morning and it showed absolutely nothing wrong.

Now the doctors don't have a clue what caused everything. I'm going with it being the mother of all anxiety/panic attacks. She's never had either before, but it is a better explanation than what she's gotten so far.

kat - Redoing the rocks and mulch sounds like a lot of work and a sore back.

robinsnest - RAIN!!! A few drops is still better than no drops.

Hi all! Kind of cloudy and windy here.

kat - sounds like more work in the flowerbeds. I probably should do that too one day.

RS - hope they figure out what happened to Cindy.

robin - so glad you got some rain. I know its rare where you live.

Have any of you watched the Hallmark series "When Calls the Heart"? I really like it. I bought the DVD so I could watch the early seasons. I binge watched it and am all caught up now. Anyway, it's really good if you haven't seen it.

Love When Calls the Heart....I was very upset when Jack was "killed"....did not think the show would recover itself.......but...it did.

Hello. I went to town for prescriptions. Also went to the post office and the grocery store.

The sky is heavy with clouds. Don't know if we'll get any rain or not. Tomorrow and the next day bring better chances. It's in the 80s*, breezy but not as windy as this morning.

The dishwasher is in and running. Lowe's uses a plumbing company as a subcontractor
so I know it's in properly. I talked to him about what's going on this week. He gave me a
better deal on a hot water heater. The price will include the hot water heater and taking the
stuff off the sink for the new countertops. It will also include him coming back Sat morning
to reattach everything and put in a garbage disposal. I'm probably saving close to $400 doing
it with his company.

I'm over halfway done with the front flowerbed. I'll probably buy flowers Sat since I can start
putting them in soon. I only fixed one rock today. I may not fix more until I get the bed weeded.

rs, check your local library. They might have the DVDs for "When Calls the Heart". I was watching
it but stopped when Netflix took it off. My library offers other services to stream things. Maybe
your library does too.

OC, I'm glad you're home from your trip to town. I'm having rain for two days too. My yard
is going to extra soggy.

Oh boy, Kat, you hit the jackpot on getting that plumber! How exciting for you to see these things getting done!

I'm just hoping we don't get anything severe with this system that's coming in. They've been talking about the possibilities of it for days. My niece's 4wd truck isn't working so she came over and got mine to keep so she'll be able to get out if it rains much. I have better roads at my place and I don't have the need to get out and take care of some things that she does.

RS - are you an Amazon Prime member? You can see it that way if so. I ended up buying the 1-7 season DVD set.

Poirot - are you Team Nathan or Team Lucas?

Kat - sounds like you got lucky meeting that guy. A few years ago my hot water heater rusted out and I had to get a new one and bring it up to code on a Saturday. Well, they never cashed my check so I essentially got it all for free.

robin, I wish I could send you some of the rain I'm getting. I'm under a flood watch until Thurs afternoon.
My area might get from one to five inches of rain. My yard will be soggy mess for awhile.

Back