4/3/19 - Donuts & the "S" word

I got down to the ditch after 12. I didn't bother the man since he's in his 70s. I let him
know when I was done what I did. I found out he's 77 and his wife has Alzheimers
now. I raked, hoed, hoed, and raked. The ditch is flowing on both sides of the
culverts, but I couldn't get them all cleaned out. I got most of the islands of dirt/mud
in the ditch gone too. Still a lot of work to do, but I won't be back for long time.
Several people drove by and they probably thought I lived there.

manda, I'm glad your taxes are done. I'll be working on my state tomorrow when
it's raining. I wanted to let you know, I got blister today just for you.

Noel, I got four of the bags of mulch out of car before I did my chore. I'm not going to
worry about getting the rest out for awhile.

robin, I hope you won't have to jump through too many hoops to get your
knee feeling better.

Jammers, enjoy your cruise.

Shan, sorry to hear about your employees.

Wow, a lot of interesting things going on in the lives of my Donuts friends today!

Jammers, congratulations on finding out you will be the grandmother of a baby girl! I hope things are somehow working out for your daughter.

I eventually went to town. Went to get two trailer registrations renewed at the sheriff's office. Went to the bank and the post office, and to the cemetery. I finally ordered a monument the other day--a double one for both my husband and me. I'm trying to finalize what I want put on it.

My niece had to have one of her dogs put down today. The dog was old and sick (and big) and had gotten so she couldn't get up but she was too heavy to manhandle. At my niece's request, I asked Mr. Fixit and his helper to go over this morning and dig a hole for burial. Being dog lovers themselves, they gladly pitched in to help.

shan - sorry to hear about the struggles, too bad we don't live closer, my hubby needs a job and has 30 years of forklift experience.
Kat - on no, I'd never want you to get a blister, they hurt so bad. :sad:
OC - How sad for your niece, losing pets is hard
Jammers - congrats on the baby being a girl, that's exciting. :)

Back