4/4/24 - Donuts and Vitamin C Day

Good morning everyone. The rain continues with some snowflakes joining in.

It is a soggy ugly mess here. My pumps are still going steady in the old coal cellar and keeping the water from reaching the basement proper. Many people have flooded basements, and all of the creeks and rivers are well over flood stage.

rf - That's quite a temperature swing in one day.

And I come to this site with a glass of O.J. in my hand, LOL. Made me laugh to see Vitamin C day header. cloudy and gloomy here, but finally the wind died down. they are saying rain, snow. who knows? I do have to get out to the store......but we'll see. Some snow melted, despite all the wind yesterday. I have a small, stand up thermometer on the patio, kept getting blown down, even battery door knocked open. Brought it in and got a taste of that fierce wind in only 3 steps. Sheesh. I have to put it back out, this a.m.
Talk to you all later. :) Enjoy the day.

Morning all.... it appears that the mowers are here today. NO warning so will be getting my gate ready I have locked it since we weren't having mowers come. I will be "working" at an elementary school this afternoon. Earning money to let people in the door to check out their kids. Maybe they will have something for me to do. One can always hope.
We are on a warming trend, which will be great anything warmer than the 50's would be appreciated.....

Have a great day.

Last night, the rain was pounding the windows, thought they were going to break. Thankfully, rain ended for now, might get more later, but nothing as intense as yesterday. Was 38 this morning, 45 now, sun peeking out here and there.

rfsexton: Such temp changes in one day, but you seem prepared.

redsquirrel: I hope your soggy, ugly mess is history soon.

Poirot: Watch out for that wind!

Robin: Odd about the unannounced mowers but hope they do a good job. Hope school goes well.

Everyone enjoy the first Thursday of the month.

1712247912040.jpeg

It was in the 30s when I walked this morning. It's sunny and in the 50s this afternoon.

A busy morning at the little library. Hopefully, I'll get my federal tax return done today. Then I
have to do the state.

robin, I hope you were kept busy at school this afternoon.

rs, I hope your pumps keep doing their job.

Wilde Woman, I'm glad you survived the nasty weather last night.

rf, how's Boomer doing?

I hope everyone has a nice afternoon.

Sexton, seems like everybody I know gives their ailing pets boiled chicken and broth. I've never cooked food for pets and can't imagine doing so but that seems to be the thing these days. I hope Boomer holds steady or better for a long time.

Oh yuk, Kat, I also can't imagine having to do state taxes. It's all I can do to get the federal ones done! Hope you don't run into any snags.

Wilde Woman, I'm sure glad your windows did NOT break. I had that happen in a storm once, shattered glass all over my bed (thankful I wasn't in it at the time). I wouldn't know how to handle something like that now. Anyway, so glad you didn't need to.

Robin, I don't know why my mind went to the only excitement I could think of for your long afternoon of opening the door for people--that would be if someone with mal-intent tried to get in. :eek: I hope that did NOT happen! Better to be bored.

Squirrel, I think I remember when you got new pumps. They seem to have served you well. But still, it must be stressful to have to keep an eye on it through all the heavy rains you get there.

Poirot, that must be one tough thermometer you have, to withstand all the weather you've had and to keep on working. I don't know if I've ever seen a stand-up one. Maybe that's what I should get. I don't have a good way to hang mine so I can easily see it from inside the house.

Sounds like the warm/hot weather has spread all across Texas today. My temperatures have been like Sexton's and we're way far apart. It's in the 80s* here right now and sunny with very little breeze. Really beautiful but it felt kinda hot when I went out earlier, the first day this year I've noticed it feeling that summery kind of hot enough to remind me of what's to come.

I haven't done a lot today. Wore myself out yesterday going to two towns, shopping, etc. I did finally finish up all the laundry today except for putting sheets from my bed in the dryer, which I need to do right now. I hope all of you start to get nicer weather soon.

My stand up thermometer is very small, can sit on a window sill, and was very inexpensive. I advise to go to hardware store, WalMart, you can probably find one there.
I went out to the store finally around 11 or so. Am sure I probably forgot a few things, but I browsed a lot, went down a few aisles twice while meandering. I have to be careful to only buy small amounts (if they come in small pkgs, which is rare) as I end up throwing items away, as they get too old. Ha. But I bought a lot. Hey, the o.j. was having a special, a 2 for......Am well stocked for Vitamin C, for sure. LOL

Robin, I don't know why my mind went to the only excitement I could think of for your long afternoon of opening the door for people--that would be if someone with mal-intent tried to get in. :eek: I hope that did NOT happen! Better to be bored.

I had mixed success opening the doors today. It's a touch screen and apparently your fingers need heat or something because half the time my entering the code didn't do squat.... it was pure boredom..... well we did have some excitement.... an explosion in the neighborhood.... didn't affect the school, didn't hear it or anything BUT it was near a huge apartment complex and we had to call students parents to tell them the bus wouldn't be running as the street was closed they would have to figure out some other way to get their kids home.....after the 3rd parent I wanted to just say because the police left it up to me to close the street because I knew it would cause you grief and issues, come on folks I don't make the rules, you live there figure it out.....
I'm home Hunny Bunny fixing dinner..... he's specialty baked potatoes. Over a month of soft foods and still have a week to go before he can get rid of the sharp broken tooth.... then soft foods till he heals....

Poirot, I have the same problem with letting food ruin. How tall is your thermometer? I have a very small one inside, 2-3 inches. Hadn't thought to put it outside.

Robin, you know how to handle so many things. It's always interesting to me to hear the things you do and I always wonder, "How did she know what to do?"

My stand up thermometer is about 4 inches high. It sits outside, and registers the temp to an inside one that has inside & outside temps and humidity, time, day, date, and "forecast" which is pics of clouds or sun, even rain drops, lol.... plus barometric pressure. Made by LaCrosse technology.

Back