4/8/24 - Donuts and Eclipse

Very cloudy up north here, it rained during the night, ...............hey 99.5% of the snow is all gone now. Yayyyy. Is a bit foggy ......for this far north they say the time will be from around 11:30 to around 2 p.m. Am staying home, so who knows. I do know weather can be very different here in town, compared to where I lived by the lake. (18-20 miles south of here) Just hope those who are supposed to be able to see, will truly do so.

Off to make some coffee. Take care.

We have clear skies and a very bright sun in Calgary but the eclipse here is to only cover about a quarter of the sun. Our location is not the in the path of a full eclipse.

I did not go to the open audition call for the the Netflix series being shot in and around Calgary. I just didn't want to spend my day in a line up to have a minute or two with the casting agents. From what I saw on the news, the line up was looooooooong but very exciting for actors/actresses hoping to get in this series with Gillian Anderson from X-files, and Lena Headley from Games of Thrones.

Not much new here. A short work week for me, a poker game at my place on Friday night and vball Wednesday and Thursday night.

Have a good week everyone.

Started out chilly in the 40s, now up to 59 and sunny. Will be working during whatever NY will experience during eclipse. It will be eerie when the skies darken.

rfsexton: I hope your weather improves enough to see the big event.

Muzza: Good decision about the audition. They don't call them "cattle calls" for nothing, with all due respect to cattle!

Robin: Let us know how it goes in your area.

Poirot: Keep us posted on what your daughter experiences.

Everyone be safe today (as always)!

Good afternoon everyone. T minus 2 hours here...well 99.99% of Totality that is. If we were smart, we would've taken a very late lunch and driven the 5 miles to see the Totality. Oh well, probably a good thing we didn't . The traffic is very intense here for this time of day on a Monday. Sirens have been going constantly for the last few hours. Will head out to the parking lot at 2:50 eastern.

WW - one radio station here will be playing Bonnie Tyler's song when Totality starts. Another will start playing Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon early, and say they have it timed so the last song, "Eclipse", begins with the beginning of Totality. It is suppose to end down to the second that the moon moves away from the sun.

Can't get on Facebook, as they want a selfie pic of me alone, and I don't have one. No idea what or why. So.........so far, nothing going on in the sky here, just cloudy and rainy. Tis 12:20

Can't get on Facebook, as they want a selfie pic of me alone, and I don't have one. No idea what or why. So.........so far, nothing going on in the sky here, just cloudy and rainy. Tis 12:20
Facebook should NEVER need a selfie of you unless their servers expect suspicious activity. As you know, I use the avatars from the various Pittsburgh sports teams as my avatar. I've never used a picture of myself.

Last edited:
I have to say that 99.99% of Totality was very very thrilling. There was only a teeny tiny little speck of the sun left. As it approached that much, the air around us looked to be various shades of orange and pink...that was a little unsettling. Then it got very very dark just as it did when the tornado went through our town. The temp also dropped.

Some employees , including most admin folks, were on lawn chairs in the back parking lot. We "cool kids" decided to go to the front one so we could joke around and have fun.

Last edited:
It was cool this morning when I walked. It's sunny this afternoon and almost 80.

Since the weather was good, I was able to see a partial eclipse like ShaunP above. I worked in the flowerbed
and took glasses outside with me. I looked several times. When the sun almost covered, it got cooler. I went
inside and it was dark with sun almost covered. The sun is shining brightly again at my house.

I forgot to mention last Friday, the baby bird was gone from the yard after I took Fenix home. I'm not sure when
the babies left. There are so many purple finches in my subdivision. I wonder where they all came from :)

robin, I'm glad you were able to see it.

rf, I hope you saw something.

Muzzaman, I hope you have a good week.

Wilde Woman, I hope you got see something. A lot of TV stations were showing the eclipse live.

rs, I'm glad you could go outside and see the eclipse.

OC, are you going to have rain tonight or tomorrow? I'm suppose to get some.

Poirot, good luck with Facebook.

ShaunP, thanks for posting the picture.

I hope everyone has a nice rest of the day.

Back