45 years old an just got my first musical instrument

SarahBeth

Reaction score
So my friends and I were at a quilt show at the beginning of the month and afterwards we went to an antique shop. As we were leaving the shop owner says "you goin to the estate sale?" We had no knowledge of an estate sale. Well it was literally just around the corner so off we went. Well they had a 1968 Story and Clark piano. My friends kid sat down and played for a minute and it sounded good. They were asking $425 and I did not have that so I gave them my number. They said it was going to half price at noon the next day. Yes I smiled big. The next morning my phone rang at 8am and they said they would hold it for me (It was an hour drive from my house) and give it to me at half price. I called my son who had stayed at a buddy's house and begged him to get some frat guys to help move it. My best quilty friend who is also a good friend and our kids went to school together had told me the day before that we were welcome to use her truck to move the piano. So SCORE!!!
Then we get it home and the piano guy comes and says it's in fantastic condition, practically new and if he had it in the piano store he used to own he'd sell it for $1200 to $1500.
So now we have a piano for my two oldest who are both music majors in college. But now I also have a piano and yes I am learning how to play it!!!

That is terrific. I truly hope you learn to play yourself, as I have both an old piano, and an antique pump organ in my house, and I don't play. Oh, I fool around with one finger, sometimes two, and can follow some music with that one finger. But there was no one to give lessons up here in the boonies.
Enjoy, it sounds terrific.

Enjoy it, SarahBeth. Never too late to learn ! I started learning piano myself... and I'm 41. :clap: So have lots and lots of musical fun !

Well I haven't been playing much at all. But my son just took his piano proficiency so I'm gonna get his book. It has all the scales in it. Plus I'll have both my music majors home for a month and can get a bunch of free lessons!!!!

Back