5-19-2017 - Donuts & Indy!

Noel

Reaction score
It is a glorious Hoosier morning with a faintest slice of pre-dawn light falling upon the lake. The moon is waning and soon sun rays begin appearing. The flowering trees, bushes and gardens look magnificent in this first rosy light. I am home....HOME!....and more in love with it than ever before. It is also - wait for it - cool!!!!

Wishing each of you a glorious Friday. Take time to admire the sun, clouds, and beauty of Spring and plan a relaxing weekend!

Here is a picture from yesterday:
predawnindy.jpg

Good morning, all! @Noel, OC, Robin, and other desert-dwellers, I turned on the AC a couple of days ago (to test the system,) and it has remained on. I reckon that I will be getting another shaming letter from the electric company. To further share in the desert lifestyle, I broke open a new room fragrance spray, called "Cactus Blossom." :)

Noel, I'm glad the weather is nice, for you. Hang in there.

Stay safe, everyone!

Good morning! Beautiful pic, reminds me of a similar pic my hubby's friend (who lives in Indiana) posted once. Well, I live on a lake, do look out at the water all day, lol, sometimes that is wonderful and beautiful, and ........sometimes not. We went down to 31 last night, it is up to 42 right now, and today if the 1st day of the Handicapped Fishing event. It goes all day today and tomorrow, tis a bit breezy, but at least not raining, but only to get up into low 50s today. That is rather chilly for the event. There will be tons of pontoons, there is a care giver for each participant, plus a guide in each boat.

Hope the sun stays out. Take care, all.

Good morning everyone. I felt like I was in a Twilight Zone episode last night where time kept changing strangely or was out of sync. The Westminster chimes clock fell 2 hours behind sometime after I left for work yesterday. I finally figured it out this morning when the clock never chimed at 6:00 because it just reached 4:00. I've changed all of the batteries, and keep checking on it. I love this clock, and I hope it isn't a goner.

After a high of 89* yesterday with high humidity, we're down to a high in the low 60s today. We never got a drop of rain from the massive storms going through with the cold front yesterday. There was just a lot of wind. My southern county and south were hit very hard with rain, hail, and winds.

I've been making a list of items to send to Muzza for our hockey semi-finals bet. My co-workers are having fun with this, too.

Nicole - that's a gorgeous view. Prayers continue for your family.

@rs........I had to finally turn off the chimes on MY Westminster. A couple times it happened ....the chime time being wrong........I would change the batteries, it would work for a few months, happen again. Then, the last time, put in new batteries and within a couple days, it was off again. Definitely not the batteries. It was just happening too often.......and I agree, having the clock chiming in middle of night when it is supposed to be silent.....
The clock itself keeps good time, eventually losing a minute or two. When it gets to 5 min. I just correct the hands, and all is well for months.

Sun is disappearing, but keeps trying to come out. Still BRRRRR. LOL

Morning all.

It is Friday and we are finally getting back to "normal" temps. So the triples have re-arrived. Now that I work from home, and Hunny Bunny is retired, I get letters from my for-profit electric company letting me know I use more electricity than anyone else on the street!!! Well, the lady across the street seals her house and leaves Memorial Day weekend, returning the week before Halloween. She's a snowbird.

The other two houses, the folks work outside of the house. One travels for work, so they aren't home. And the biggest thing, I don't care. My house is set to where I'm comfortable, A/C wise. The windows are all single pane, the insulation is pitiful and it's a rental, so not a lot of my money gonna fix that.

Happy Friday.

Good morning. Noel, that picture is stunning. It looks like something that would be in a magazine. I'm glad you are getting to enjoy your home place, though under sad circumstances.

Squirrel, I hope your clock is not broken. I imagine you didn't mind missing the rain.

A. Guy, it's rotten of your electric company to scold you! Like Kt, I'm on a coop and our monthly magazine has helpful hints for conserving but we don't get notices when we're not doing so.

Poirot, I'm curious about your Handicapped Fishing event. From what you said, it seems like it is an event for people who are handicapped. One of the small towns where we shop has a "One-Armed Dove Hunt" every September. (The name has been changed recently but I can't remember what it is now). It started out for people who'd lost an arm but I think other handicaps are probably included now. It seems to be quite popular. People come from all over the USA.

A. Guy, cactus is in bloom here but like other wildflowers, the showing has not been very impressive this year, due to scarcity of rain for most of the year.

I've never had a chance to live next to any large body of water. Heck, I'd settle for a fish pond in my yard, but it would only be another occasion for fighting raccoons.

I had a doctor's appointment in the city yesterday, 65-70 miles. My niece went with me and drove. We got to eat at Cracker Barrel, which we both like but seldom get to visit, then made a brief stop at Wal-Mart, which was next door. On the way home we stopped in the smaller town and finally picked up her car!

I lay in bed this morning for an hour and a half, listening to loud thunder. When I got up I found it had hardly rained any. Got a little bit since then. Over the whole week of multiple fronts, we've had only about half an inch or less. Got a call from my oldest son last night. They are planning to come out for the day tomorrow.

Robin, too bad your temperatures have already gone back up, though it's to be expected. I am appalled that your electric company sends out notes like that. But then, I find a lot of things in today's world appalling.

Good morning everyone!

That's a beautiful picture Noel. Looks very peaceful.

I have a creek behind my apartment. Does that count as a body of water?:rotfl:

We live on the top floor of our building but we're surrounded by trees. Hopefully that will help with the electric bill. It was a few dollars less this month than last so I hope that's a good sign. Luckily I don't think Dominion Power sends out angry letters about usage. They just care that the bill is paid. My parents have a co-op and just got a new digital meter installed. Now they can monitor their usage when they want.

Another humid day in the 80s here.

My brother-in-law is on his way back to Japan to finish his year of duty there. He took my mother-in-law and one of his grandmothers with him. Hopefully Japan can survive them for the next two weeks.

Hope everyone has a wonderful day!

JS, KT, the utility letters are fairly subtle, and included with the bill. They compare your usage to your neighbors'. I don't have the thermostat set very low, so my neighbors must be freezy, or frugal. :)

KT, is your electrical co-op somehow affiliated with the TVA? Don't know about now, but the TVA used to provide the area with lower rates. I had a conservative economics professor who considered that unfair. He would probably have difficulty finding employment, now. :eek: :rolleyes:

Happy Friday Friends,

Cool today, but for now the rain has stopped. Gena's field trip from yesterday was postponed due to the constant on and off showers. Tomorrow she and I will participate in the school's 2 mile fun run/obstacle course in the cold/rain, as it's supposed to be wet again tomorrow.

Noel - what a beautiful picture, no wonder you miss being home.

OC -glad you were able to ride with your niece yesterday, that's a long drive.

Robin - I so enjoy the AC, that's why we have it right?

Squirrel - hope you can figure out what's wrong with your clock.

Sorry I can't reply to you all, but I have to get back to work.

Have a wonderful weekend!!

Good afternoon all,

Noel, that is a fantastic photo! So glad you shared it with us and that you're enjoying the cooler weather there. All the best and all my thoughts with/to your family.

Manda, hope y'all get to take that trip soon!

It's sunny and breezy today, although 90F and quite humid. I took everyone's advice today and just wore a tank top and shorts under my graduation clothes, and sandals as well. I was still hot--can't imagine how all those were doing that were dressed up nicely.

18519688_10211950168206226_1228892257192519540_n.jpg

Have a good day, everyone.

A cloudy, cooler day than yesterday here. It must have been windy last night
during the thunderstorm because a lot of leaves and sticks all over. I woke up
around three. I saw lightning and went back to sleep.

Noel, thanks for the picture. I'm the weather is nice for your visit.

rs, I hope your clock will keep on ticking :)

OC, I'm glad you finally got your niece's car and you had an enjoyable
day yesterday.

manda, I'm glad Gena will get to the park next week.

I hope everyone has a nice rest of the day and evening.

Way to go Degrassi!! Now for the next diploma? LOL My last graduation ceremony was from high school. After that, I just told the University to send me my diplomas, lol. I didn't have time or money to go through all that. I'm glad you were able to walk.

I've never had a chance to live next to any large body of water. Heck, I'd settle for a fish pond in my yard

There is water everywhere around here. You wouldn't get very far without having to cross some body of water, lol.

KT, is your electrical co-op somehow affiliated with the TVA?

TVA (Tennessee Valley Authority) only serves the very northern part of Alabama in the Tennessee Valley, of course.

Back