5-2-2016 - Donuts and Scrambled Eggs

Morning Everyone,

Supposed to get up to 63 today. Had a fairly busy weekend, but we got a lot accomplished. Although we never did get the azaleas planted, hubby though it was too chilly for transplanting. So maybe one night after work, if he won't dig the holes for me, I'll just have to do it myself.

OC- enjoy your breakfast.

Noel - just thinking about 83* temps is making me hot. Good luck with all of your appointments today.

I'l check back later.

Cloudy, cool day here. It might get to the 60s today. I'm disappointed I won't get
in my flower bed today. It should be nice the rest of the week.

OC, I hope you had a good breakfast.

I hope everyone has a good Monday.

Have a Dr. Appointment today (3:00!) It involves braving Big City traffic :eek: and parking. I will likely feel compelled to kiss the ground when/if I return home. :)

FASIONISTA ALERT: Five Below is advertising dresses (kimonos and sundresses) at $5. It will be interesting to see them worn on the street. :eek:

"Be careful out there!"

Good Morning all. Yesterday was a quiet day. Did speak with two of my boys on totally unrelated items, and it wasn't Mother's Day. Woot woot.

A. Guy, at $5. I wonder how many Salemites will be clad in those for their version of a MidWest winter???

Hope everyone's Monday follows the path to peace and calm.

Some of Five Below's prices are pretty amazing. Though I feel that China should be punished for their trade practices, I still find myself occasionally visiting that store. For phone accessories, in particular. I reckon that is hypocritical of me. :(

Good morning all. Well, the sun is shining, wind finally died down, calm lake, going to be in low 60s today. Just the one day, bad stuff is returning tomorrow. But, we will enjoy while we can. LOL

I am a real nut about "made in America", I have fits in the grocery store to make sure the items are grown in this country, especially NOT China.

Yes, I know, sometimes you cannot help whatever it is you need. But I am finding that the made in china anything just does not last. I have a ladle went to use it, and found some stains, which I could not remove with either Comet or SOS pad. Rust. The outside was fine. It was supposed to be stainless steel (which does not rust) and needless to say, I have to toss it. Isn't my regular ladle that I have had for a zillions years, no idea where it came from. Ha. I think it was a Christmas gift from local little grocery store. They used to do a "utensil" of some kind ever Christmas, until the fellow started going to Texas for the winter.

Enjoy your day, folks......Hope all goes well for everyone.

Hello everyone. I've been outside a lot this morning, trying to get some playtime in before the thunderstorms get here. It looks like the worst weather is coming tomorrow, though. I don't have any particular plans for the day.

Take care folks!

I do my very best to only purchase products with a MADE in the USA stamp. I have to bend my rules for all electronics, as apparently you can't get anything made in the US any more. But dog food for Mr. Gus, along with snacks and toys, if not made in USA, are not brought home.

I once needed a 1 inch brush to do some painting patch work. It was 99 cents at Home Depot, made in China, $2.49 made in America. I purchased the USA brush and grumbled, but it did the job.

Wish I could be outside in this nice weather.

Hi everybody. Just a quick note to let you know that I probably won't be around much this week. Some of you saw my Facebook post yesterday where I said the Three Musketeers are now two. Now it is just my friend Jim and me.

My friend Mikey, who has been in extremely poor health the past year, passed away this weekend. His son from south of Pittsburgh had called me Sunday to ask when I had talked to him last because he couldn't get a hold of him Friday or Saturday. He didn't want me or friend Jim to check on Mike because he was afraid we'd have heart attacks if something was wrong. He called someone else who met the police there. They found Mike in his recliner with the tv on, and the coroner said it looked like a heart attack in his sleep. I keep telling everybody that Mike was probably doing one of his favorite things when it happened....watching the Pittsburgh Penguins hockey game.

Hey Squirrelly....don't recall you mentioning Mike......I got scared, thinking you meant Jim. But good, long time friends are rare. I truly was sorry to hear this. But it seems he left this earth peacefully.

Had a close friend who....well, same thing last summer. It truly is hard to lose someone we care about, no matter what. God's blessings! Hugs, girl!

Some things just click. There was a mourning dove going "woo-woo, woo-woo" on a power line next to my house this evening, so I had to take a video. It made me think of RS and her friend. There are even flowers. I'm sorry, but the video isn't very good. I hope you get the idea, though.

Back