5-26-16 - Donuts and Birthday cake

katmouse

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Happy Birthday, Sweetie. I hope you have a wonderful day.

Happy-Birthday-Gif-50.gif

Good morning all, and Happy Birthday as well,

So... THAT happened.

Got a call last night during a movie last night that I couldn't answer, I got home to find an e-mail from walmart.com thanking me for my order of a refurbished $919 unlocked iPhone 6s Plus with 128gigabytes of storage. Trouble is, I never ordered any such device.

Immediately called my credit card company (at 11pm) who tells me that someone got into my walmart.com account and cleared out my bank account ordering all kinds of crap.

Called walmart.com directly, had the orders canceled, my credit card information removed, and my account closed.

Called the walmart in MD where they ordered the phone "for pick up" (idiots) and asked that if they were stupid enough to show up, they need to be arrested and/or shot in the head point blank on the evening news.

Now, I gotta go to the bank this morning to file legal affidavits and to get a new card (and I'm praying to get my money back). Otherwise, this is going to be one really terrible and poor trip home (leaving in the morning) and -- at this moment -- I'm not really sure how I'm going to make rent on the first.

On the positive side, my credit union has been really good about this in the past (this makes four times in the last 12 months). I'm just hoping that they're just as cool about this time.

Hope your day is better than mine so far (yesterday hasn't technically ended since I haven't slept).

Wayne

Morning Everyone.

Happy Birthday Sweetie.

Oh Wayne, how horrible, I hope you get your money back and that the thief is caught.

Missed most of the work day yesterday again, as Gena got sick at school again. She's home with daddy today, so I don't miss my exam this afternoon. She's running a mild fever and has a tummy ache still. The only good thing about her being sick is that I got extra time to study. She slept a good 11 1/2 hours straight last night.

I'll be trying to catch up on everything here as I can.

Phew! update: I just returned from the credit union and after filing affidavits and fraud reports, I have a new card and my money should be returned by tomorrow. I love my Northwest Federal Credit Union!

Wayne

Happy birthday Sweetie!!!!!!!!

Good luck with your test Manda!!!!

Wayne what a freaking nightmare. I want your credit union. When two of my checks were lifted from my personal mailbox at the street, I had to prove to my lovely bank, CHASE that they were forgeries. (the only time I had used that mailbox for post office delivery, as I always drove to the post office to send mail, but hey, I just got out of the hospital and wasn't cleared to drive). It eventually got worked out but not for months and trying to get over draft fees reversed. Nightmare.

I hope everyone has a fantastic Thursday.

Wayne, sorry to hear about your troubles. I'm glad it won't take long to get your money back.
I wonder if other people got their Walmart accounts hacked.

Manda, good luck on your test today. I hope Gena feels better by the weekend

Good afternoon all,

Manda, good luck on that test! Hope that Gena feels better soon.

Wayne, glad you're getting the money back. Hope that thief is caught soon.

Happy Birthday Sweetie! Hoping it's wonderful and that you're having nice weather up there!

Just finished walking the dog, even though it's 90F outside, no breeze, and sunny. Lord, it's hot! But I'll take it after that long cool stretch we'd been having earlier this season. Went to boot camp this morning at the gym--have work a bit later this afternoon.

Have a nice day, everyone.

If she's not better tomorrow, I'll be taking her to the doctor. I'm sure the school would require that I get a doctor's note. However a couple of the gals I work with had this same stomach thing late last week/early this week, so I wonder if I brought the germs home without getting it myself. She's so hard to read when she's sick. Sne minute she's laying on the couch or in bed, barely able to move, and 10 minutes later she's got enough energy to run a marathon, then a half hour later she's a zombie again.

Wayne - so glad you were able to get it all straightened out.

Good day. It's a super busy day as we had a false alarm lockdown at the hospital.

Wayne: so sorry for alll you've been through with your account! Earlier this year my bank account was hacked. When will the local or federal government give real long-term jail sentences to these creeps?!?! Glad to know your credit union is giving you assistance quickly and thoroughly.

Take care everyone. Hope I can check back in at SS later today.

Last edited:
Happy birthday!

Sick kids are no fun, hope things get better soon.

I do tons of online shopping and always worry about someone getting into my account but Wells Fargo (had them since Wachovia, 1994) is great about calling or even blocking any suspicious activity until I verify purchases. Sometimes it is frustrating but rather waste five minutes calling in than days for a refund.

My oldest daughter got her license today, yay! She is 19 but has not really needed a vehicle and insurance is deathly expensive to add her for a license versus permit. Hopefully her dad will contribute like he said he might, then quit responding about the subject.

Yesterday evening, we were going to pick up my youngest from church and oldest was at the end of our road looking to cross a four lane. We always say look twice, go once. It was dusk so vehicles had lights on but still light out.

So light down the way to the left turns red and she pulls out and we hear a speeding motorcycle whip past us in the second lane. Like they were definitely speeding because the light to our left had just turned red and they must have blown through it. As he passes he lays on the horn and she slams on the brakes, great job, quick stop was on the driver's test. Then she continues on across and goes left to get out of the way of traffic. All of a sudden the bike pulls up beside us with no helmet and him screaming at her driver's side and banging on the window. I am like just keep driving because there was nothing we could do, no place to pull over, whatever so I was calling 911, telling her to remain calm. Dude starts kicking the side of the car.

So we turn left on the side street to go to the church, dude gets in front of us and stops and starts to get off his bike, no visible license plate. At this point I am like in "CRAZY MOM MODE" because there is no way to go around or turn around and I am like I have to protect her so I tell the operator I am handing her the phone and getting out. I know that seems like a bad idea but I could not let him approach my daughter and he had already been banging on the car while driving so I could not take a chance. I was just thinking distraction, distraction!

I get out and am like what, what are you going to do to a couple of girls, you must be stupid, get away from her plus lots of profanity and insults. Dude hops back on his bike, speeds away, whips around the corner, right into another car that was turning. Then the cops pulled up quick because of what we had already reported to the 911 and we gave a quick report to one officer while the others surrounded the dude, no trouble for us and off to pick up youngest again.

Yes that was super scary but oldest did a great job not reacting. I have never in my life had someone road rage on me like that.

I need to go to Georgia where my mom is to handle some business, probably next week. I just need to get it over with.

I hope the sun is shining brightly on you all and good day.

Back