5/26/17 - Donuts & Vacation

My weekend starts at 4pm PDT Friday. Hunny Bunny will drive me to the airport and I will fly to Sacramento. He will hang out at the house, taking care of Mr. Gus and our ole friend Opal, who we are babysitting. I will be doing birthday party celebrating with two sons and one grandson. Woohoo.

rlr - I hope you have a great vacation.

Good Friday all.

A big "Happy Birthday" to EricMcSweetie! You have a nice long-weekend to celebrate. And, since this is also Pasta Friday, I found this cake for you:

66599ef9993dc822fbb4887b503cd6f0.jpg

Have a safe weekend, everyone!

Last edited by a moderator:
Morning Everyone,

Robin & rlr718 - have a wonderful and safe vacation.

AGuy - what a yummy looking cake.

Happy Birthday EricMcSweetie!!

th

Well it's the unofficial start of summer here, so we'll spend the weekend cleaning up the garden, tilling, and planting veggies. This year we'll have tomatoes, cucumbers, and green beans. 4 ft x 20 foot garden for 3 kinds of veggies. But we find that's what we primarily eat. I may try to talk hubby into lettuce too. Monday morning we'll go to the Memorial Day parade at 9.

Good morning everyone and Happy Birthday Sweetie! Hope it's lovely!

We're seeing a tad bit more sunshine today and a high of 75F, so better than what we're used to for the past week or so. I got my grades for the semester back--two A minuses and two B pluses. I still have the summer courses (the online science and Spanish) to do, so hopefully those come out as As to boost my GPA even more.

Going back to the gym this afternoon. It's been a while, as I had graduation, work, etc., since coming back from my trip. Now I don't work again until Wednesday, so some more free time.

Hope all of you have a nice day.

Good morning. Congratulations RS!!! A great series and who could've asked for more especially with last night's final score of 3-2 for the penguins to win and go on to the Stanley Cup. I'll be rooting for them. Give me a few weeks to gather up your well deserved prizes and also to look into a few items to see if they can be shipped across the border. I may slip in one of JJs doughnuts. lol! Kidding. I will be messaging you over the weekend.

Happy birthday Sweetie. Hope its a good day!!

rlr and robinsnest, hope you both have awesome vacations.

Congratulations Days, you work very hard for the grades you get. Well deserved.

Manda, great minds think alike. Yard work for me too.

I'm off today and going to work in the yard and start watching Twin Peaks. Have a great weekend everyone.

Good afternoon to all and happy birthday EricMSweetie. Have a good one. Since my son, his wife, 18-month-old daughter, and boxer dog are visiting for the weekend, here's a boxer-themed birthday cake.

395a4b9bddbf331e7e3cd733c30d7479.jpg

Speaking of the boxer, when I was sitting on the sofa this morning having a bite to eat, he came over and drooled on me. This immediately brought to mind a certain sainted, scruffy Days doctor who drooled over hospital gown hotties, not food.

Happy Birthday Sweetie! I hope you have a wonderful day!

cute-birthday-cake-for-Sweetie.jpg

I saw a large hawk in the field next to my house. All that clearing might have stirred up a bunch of mice. I hope that hawk and his friends catch those mice. I sure don't want them moving in with me, lol!

Take care folks.

Good evening. Sweetie, I sure would like to come to your house and eat some of these scrumptious cakes with you! I hope you are having a wonderful day. Did your family plan any surprises for you?

Looks like this is the start of vacation for some and summer for most. It felt like summer here the past two days, up close to 100*. Supposed to be a little cooler for the next few days. The hot, dry weather is allowing wheat farmers to get their crops out right now. I saw the lights of combines in nearby fields when I went to bed last night. I'm told the crop is not very good this year. I'm glad to no longer be involved in that waiting and wondering endeavor.

Kt, there may be some rabbits nests uncovered in the land clearing next door too. I do hope you don't get any mice from it! My electronic device for under the hood came today. I haven't opened it yet.

I found out my son and his family are not coming this weekend after all. It should be a quiet one for us. I don't mind. I hope everyone has a good weekend.

Happy birthday, Sweetie. I hope you are having a wonderful day.

To everyone else, have a great start to the 3 day weekend. Our weather, which started out hot in the 90s early this week, has now cooled down to the high 60s/low 70s. A little chilly but better than the hot weather.

A warm day here too. I kept thinking it was hot in the house. It got to 81 inside before
I put A/C on. I keep it at 80. I went out after 5 and worked in the front bed. I have
flowers to plant, but no time today.

I hope everyone has a good weekend. Nothing special for me.

Hiya there everybody! :) I hope that everyone is having a fabulous day. To start with, I would like to say that I am deeply touched by the kind messages I have received for my birthday. It really warmed my heart. So I thank you all for the messages and cakes. Please come to my house and we can share in a cake buffet. :)

Today was pretty good but pretty busy. I celebrated my birthday last weekend, as here in Canada, we had a three day weekend. So this weekend is just a normal 2 day one, but hey, I will take it. Nothing beats a Friday night after work is done.

Wishing each one of you a fantastic Friday evening. Much happiness to everybody.

Happy Birthday, Sweetie! I'm sorry to be coming in so late with my well wishes.

Muzzaman - What a great game 7!!! I have something Black & Gold to send in the box to you. Don't worry. It isn't anything wacky.

I had a lot of unwanted excitement this evening. While doing my dinner dishes, there was a knock at my front door.....3 policemen with their hands on their guns!!! Scared the beegeezers out of me. They asked for ID, and kept asking questions about my car, where I drove today, and if I had let anyone else drive it. I offered to let them look through my car (I have nothing to hide) if they didn't mind the dirty floor mats.

They finally told me that the same model car, same color, and same Steelers' gear on it robbed a gas station / mini-mart / cafe a mile from my house. The men had also dumped their friend who had OD'd. While there, they got another call that the same car was involved in another incident about a mile in the other direction from my house. My road is the short cut between the two, and they spotted my car on the way. They must've thought they were going to make a quick arrest until a senior citizen in her pajamas and robe answered the door.

Back