5/28/15 - Donuts & more rain

Poirot

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Good rainy morning......this area is having an entirely "nothing but rain" for Memorial weekend, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, Sunday......not sure about Monday.

Sympathies to ShaSha, whose beloved dog suddenly became ill and though quickly taken to the vet, did not make it. I know the Rainbow Bridge welcomed another wonderful friend yesterday.

Hope everyone's day is a good one, gonna try and make some more headway in my chores. Take care all.

Rain all weekend so we cooked out yesterday to celebrate the holiday. Used the new fire pit for the first time that I got when I recycled the old, ratchety grill. The food came out amazing!

Mesquite rib eye, white wine & garlic chicken tenders, white corn with butter & seasoning cooked in a tin foil square and cut up to small chunks potatoes with butter & seasoning cooked in tin foil squares.

Everything came out perfect so yay! The vegetables cooked like that are always my BBQ contribution and people love them. Just remember to put the potatoes on like twenty-five minutes before the meat and keep them coming the whole time.

My hammock is on a weighted stand and I still flipped head over heels yesterday trying to take a selfie with the girls and I can definitely feel it today. I have decided to take a hiatus from pain medicine as much as possible so hopefully things will feel better once I get up and going.

I hope the sun shines on you all and good day.

Good Morning Saturday!

Today we reach mid 90's and 104 by next Tuesday. So the electric bill skyrockets everywhere due to the need to run A/C on a 24-hr basis. When I got home last evening I did some bug spraying and weed pulling just for an hour. I was dehydrated and exhausted from the sun. I slept like a rock and didn't move all night!

POIROT: so sorry you're weekend will be rain soaked. Hope you find a way to celebrate Memorial Day indoors. On a positive note, there is nothing better than sitting on the porch and reading a good book on a rainy day.

YPG: Ok, our plain hot dogs & burgers tonight sound downright plain compared to your feast. YUM. Hope your muscles heal quickly after your hammock tumble. Still, they are so relaxing and fun!

Enjoy the weekend everyone. Safe travels and good family times honoring those who serve our country.

Last edited:
Unrequited Love?

A couple of days ago, a groundhog appeared (twice) on my front porch. Kind of a puzzler, because it's concrete, and there is no food there. After some thought, remembered that something very similar to this is on the porch.

http://www.bestnest.com/bestnest/RT...kw=ESD-NVV16&gclid=CJ7po47z_MwCFQkyaQodjUAN7A

Could it be? :love:

PS: A gaggle of messy geese on yard today. :( Judging by their offspring, their loves are requited.

Last edited by a moderator:
Good morning everyone!

Another sunny day in the 80s here.

Going to see Angry Birds this afternoon at the new Cinema Cafe near me.

YPG, your cookout sounds yummy.

Poirot, hope you get some sunshine between all that rain.

A. Guy:rotfl:

Noel, that's too hot for yard work.

Hope everyone has a wonderful and safe day!

Good morning. All is quiet here. We have sunshine today, before the clouds and possible rain move in again for days to come.

Noel, I don't know what time you got off work but since it was evening, it had to be too hot to be doing yard work! That's what I think during the summer here. I never understood how my parents would come inside for most of the afternoon, then go back out to work late in the afternoon "after it cools off." Hello, in the summer it is often 100* or higher at 5-7 o'clock in the evening! Not much cooler at 10:00. I try to do my outside work before 10:00 a.m., if possible. But with a job, you probably don't have that option.

IamRed, you have cleared up something for me. I didn't know there was a current movie of Angry Birds. Lately, McDonald's has had Angry Birds on their drink cups and I was wondering why, since I thought Angry Birds was old stuff. I am so out of touch. I learn more on here than anywhere else.

YPG, quite a feast you cooked up on your new fire pit! Sorry about your hammock accident. Makes it even harder to stay away from the pain pills but I hope you can. I know something about the problems they can cause.

Poirot, I hope you can make progress on your chores. I wish I could/would on mine. Are your granddogs there for the weekend? So sad about ShaSha's beloved dog. A very painful loss.

A. Guy, :rotfl: about your groundhog. You'd better take that boot brush inside! This reminds me of decades ago, when we were helping a neighbor who had brought in a boar to breed his sow. A huge Duroc boar for an equally large sow, named Miss Piggy. Well, the boar got right to business as soon as he was unloaded from the trailer. He mounted the wheel of the trailer, causing us all to drop our jaws in wonder. :eek: He did eventually get around to the sow though. (Hope this wasn't too graphic).

Good afternoon. We've just been lazy this whole week. Hubby was on 7-day break so we spent a lot of time just hanging out and watching movies.

So many rainouts and "the field was too wet" so we didn't have any games this week. Annabelle's two games last Saturday ended up being her teams first and second wins of the season, so that's at least something positive.

We're going to my parents' house tomorrow for a cookout. I'm supposed to be bringing the deviled eggs, so I'll have to get in the kitchen later and let the girls be my taste testers to help me get it right.

I hope everyone has a good weekend!

No rain today and maybe Sunday. Rain back on Monday. I'll be
going outside soon doing something.

I wish someone lived closer to me so I could come to your cookout.

I hope everyone enjoys the rest of their day.

Good Saturday afternoon. Today was an amazing day. Started with a trip to the farmers market and the flea market that is famous in Roseville, Denio's. Fresh off the tree ripened peaches. YUM!!! Then back to the house and ta da,.it's time to put my son's new table and chairs together. That was a challenge.

Getting warm here. Not looking forward to dealing with TSA tomorrow.

Happy Saturday.

13310444_10208285839897751_2304031657412384969_n.jpg

My niece had this plant since the late 80s. It was a lot bigger. It started dying off and she saved one stalk of it and replanted it probably 10 years ago. This year it now has this flower, which it never had had before. In the evening it has a nice smell. She doesn't smell it until the evening. Does anyone know what this is?

Poirot, is this a houseplant? I'll try to see what I can find out. I'm already doing that for my mother who doesn't know what plants she got from my dad's funeral (though I could name a few). I'm not very good with inside plants, lol.

Back