5/29/2021 - Donuts and Summertime

robinsnest

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Good morning to all. It was 83 at 7:30am here in the desert. Nice that it waited so long.

I will be refilling the Beast's pool and perhaps today I will get in the cement pond.

May everyone's weekend be a trouble-free one.

Robin, thanks for starting the thread. I had thought I'd do it earlier but I guess I went off down another rabbit trail. Just getting online for the first time today, while my dinner (lunch) is cooking. When I saw the word, "summertime" in the title, somehow I knew it was going to be you. Yes, your morning temperature makes it official. We only get 80s* for overnight lows in the hottest parts of our summers.

It's cloudy here but no significant chance of rain until tomorrow. I think it was in the 70s* when I got up. It's 80* right now. Sigh....long weekends are, well, long. No plans at all here. Right now I've got easy listening music going. Wishing the best for all of you.

Today I'm having fall weather. There's a slight breeze with clouds. It might get in the 60s today.
Tonight it will be in the 40s. Tomorrow will be cloudy again, but warmer.

No plans for today. Tomorrow I'm going to plant flowers.

OC, I agree long weekends are too long.

robin, enjoy your time in the cement pond.

I hope everyone has a good day and tomorrow.

Robin - Does the beast enjoy his pool? We tried one with Lizzie last year and she was like nope, yet she loves baths.

OC - I’m truly surprised we haven’t hit 90’s yet here but I’m afraid it means even more triple digits later.

We are low 70’s today and tomorrow but starting Tuesday we have a week's worth of rain again.

Basketball shoes have been acquired and I picked up some Gatorade and propel for her during practice, 3 hours a day might be intense. On top of basketball being back in, my husband also finally returns to the office on Tuesday. It’s been a long 15 months of him being home for work.

Boy! It's been hard to get on the site recently. Last Sunday, my husband had a bad spell at a luncheon after church. He just wasn't acting right later in the day so I call my son who is a nurse and he came over right away. He took him to the hospital and his wife and I packed his stuff and followed. He went by ambulance to Victoria where he had his whole pacemaker changed, not just the battery as planned. He is doing much better now. In fact, he's vacuuming the office as I write.

I've been telling the doctors since January that he was getting weaker much faster than was normal for him. Getting weaker is one thing, but with the change in him, I KNEW it had to be the pacemaker. Of course, the doctors won't admit it but one alluded to the possibility finally. He said we'll know by how much better he gets in the next few weeks.

Other than that, nothing new. Just trying to keep up with things. Took on some volunteer work for church but it's over in September. It's one of our mission projects.

Back