5/31/21 - Donuts and Memorial Day

katmouse

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
memorial-day-1588070357ifn.jpeg

Good afternoon! We only got about 1/4 inch, but that's a total of over 14" in 2 weeks. Nothing going on here today. Lounging around and just enjoying the sunshine that finally came out. A quiet Memorial Day. I want to thank all those who gave up their lives for our freedom. Our military is so important to us. I am the niece of 2 Veterans, wife of a Veteran, mother of 2 Veterans and grandmother of 3 active (2 Navy and one Army). I am proud of them.

Everyone have a great day!

Good afternoon. Dinner is in the crock pot so there won't be a return to the disaster of last night.

Cave life is returning. Curtains drawn at times of the day to keep the heat out. The 7 day forecast was all triples. So summer has finally arrived in the desert.

Thank you to all of our Gold Star families.

Guess summer is arriving here, too, a bit early, for me........as they say probably 90 by next weekend. Yesterday was 60, today is 70 (tho I think may be 72 or 3......and each day will be more, reaching 80s by Wed., thurs. etc.

Eye doc early tomorrow, which means blurry vision til evening for me, takes so long to wear off. Doctor suggested physical therapy for hubby, since he has lost so much muscle, Doubt he will be able to handle it, but that will probably begin this week, maybe next. don't know.

Another cloudy day. It's only got to the 60s today. Rain coming soon and I'm under
a flood watch until Tues morning. Mower came today to mow.

This morning, I finished cleaning the house. I took time and washed part of the kitchen
floor. Yesterday, I decided to make polk salad today. Instead of cutting the stalks, I cut
some leaves off. After lunch, I weeded out the polk salad patch. The soil has gotten
rich over the years. I may plant tomatoes next year.

Poirot, good luck with your eye appt. When is the caregiver coming back to help?

I hope everyone has a nice evening.

Good Evening everyone, Happy Memorial Day!

We spent the afternoon with my stepdad and brother, my mom arrived later as she had to work today. My brother helped me shave my head to support my sister as she's finishing radiation tomorrow and chemo later in the week.

3 of my 4 grandfathers were veterans, as is one of my uncles, and my brother in law is currently serving in the Navy, although his contract ends in June. He and my sister will be moving back to Wisconsin shortly after.

Have a good evening everyone.

manda, how is your sister doing? I'm glad you had a nice day with your family.

Back