5/4/24 - Donuts and May the Fourth Be With You

katmouse

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
Today is Star Wars day. May the fourth (force) be with you

may-the-4th.luke.jpg

LOL, my son said that to me yesterday as he left. He came to town, we went to lunch......terrific fish fry which I have not had in a few years now. A good friend of his from Milwaukee was coming up for the weekend, they had not seen each other in several years now...so that will be really nice for them both. I'lll see my son again during the week. He's leaving next Sunday, so we definitely have a date for Saturday. LOL. I know today is Fishing opener....and it is so overcast and grey skies, have a feeling Kat's storm is gonna make a stop up here. Yes, rain forecast!
Going to finally, FINALLY, get haircut this morning.

I'm still having crazy weather. Rain still in forecast for the next several days except Monday.

I went outside again before 6:30 to get yard ready in case mower comes today. I forgot to pick up the
sticks under the tree yesterday. I went to Walmart earlier since forecast said rain at 9. I got sprinkled
on the way home. Sun is out now. Rain might come at 11 or later in the day. I'm still under flood
watch since it's suppose to rain all day Sunday. No rain Mon, but will be too wet to do anything.

Poirot, I'm glad you're having a nice visit with your son. Does your son know next Sunday is Mother's Day?

I hope everyone has a fantastic Saturday.

star wars.JPG
I've run the entirety of the movies.... the original trio are good as are the last 3 not fond of the first one however I did manage to see it opening day is a weird quirky manner..... not worth explaining.....
one son was and still is very nerdy about it the other not so much but his son is.... so he now gets to be involved because his son is involved...
last night.jpg
I was heading to be around midnight.... and rumbling started.... you go out and watch the skies and see all sorts of exciting things then get your camera and dullness.... but I did capture this..... storm continued for hours but I managed to sleep through it protected as always by the brave poodle I share space with ........

I think the worst is behind me... I'm actually feeling better..... even if the coughing hasn't improved...

I hope the fishing is good for your son Poirot, it sounds like it will be with his friend joining him..... even if they only get a few hits the day won't be wasted......

Happy Derby day!!!

Ahhh, well, it is currently pouring rain, and just 48°

Poirot, I'm glad you're having a nice visit with your son. Does your son know next Sunday is Mother's Day?
Oh, yes, it is why he decided to stay the whole week (took his vacation week), tho he said he thinks "we" will be doing Mother's Day on Saturday, as he has to drive back on Sunday, and it will be too late if he did not leave til after dinner. (Actually, he has to get all his stuff, clothes, fishing gear, etc. out of the unit as it gets rented out off and on during the spring and summer months. )

The morning rain is now coming late this afternoon.

My mower arrived when I got home from the little library. Hopefully, he'll be done before 1 since I have to back
out later. He has to use his push mower in my yard since it's so soggy and mushy.

I like the three original Star War movies. The second set of three with Darth Vader's history freaked me out.

It looks very warm at the Kentucky Derby...... I have no clear choice yet..... I have time as my two choices were cut in early April.......

I remember the year I enjoyed watching Tony DiNozzo win his race... not the Derby but a race run that day......

We may be under rain shortly......

Rained all day, finally stopped around 2 p.m. And at 4:40 p.m. the sun makes a very brief appearance, but was nice for those few minutes. LOL looks like it is clouding up again.....sigghhhh.

Doing laundry.....last load finally in the dryer.

Mystic Dan won the Kentucky Derby in a triple photo finish..... It was amazing.

My horse chose to walk around the track... out of the field of 20 came in 17th......

Happy Saturday Evening.....

Been raining hard here for a while. I've got nearly two inches. My daughter and son-in-law came tonight. Will go to church with me in the morning (if we can get out after all this rain) and take me to dinner before they head back to Dallas.

Back