5/7/24 - Donuts and Calm Before the Storm

Sunny and 70 here, but starting tomorrow, three straight days of rain, but can't complain when other parts of the country are getting hit so much harder.

redsquirrel: I am sorry you will be experiencing those awful storms. Be careful.

Let's all make a pact to have the best day we can.

1715088361023.png

Nice weather here for the next few days
On 1st shift today and again tomorrow and Saturday
2nd shift for a few hours Sunday.
Off Thursday and Friday
Still have to wake up early to give Boomer his every 8 hours lasix please praythe meds are not working as well as they were. I don't want to lose my fur baby. He's all I have left

Although the skies looked fine at 6:30, they began to darken and sure enough, along came the rains. Don't know if it will be off and on, or continual, but supposed to last the whole day. My son is probably not too happy.....but he is here for the week (up at the lake). He came here, we had appt together, did that, and he left, but forgot his briefcase, so just may come to get it today. Who knows. Sunday, was making a baked potato, it was done. So, using a towel, was removing it from the oven, and it suddenly burst open, spurting out some very hot potato, and while my hand was mostly protected by the towel, the area between thumb & forefinger caught a hit. While it did not blister, you can see the red area where it scalded, burned, whatever. And of course, my right hand, which I use all the time. It doesn't hurt, but is annoying when I grab something. I did cold water on it immediately, and tho it was 2 days ago, am debating whether I do some neosporin and a band aid. LOL

We had a relatively calm evening after all the prep for the big storm... watching their models we seemed to be on the outskirts of anything but who knows for certain.... we got a lot of rain some of it came really hard, some came sideways and some was a more gentle downpour...... not even a lot of rumbling....... Today we put the plants back.... parts of the area were not as lucky as we were.....

Vinnie off to Day Care...... I'll dust and vacuum head to the post office to send some papers back to the financial advisor guy....then who knows what trouble I can find myself in......

rs take care these are nasty storms if they get their act together....

WW - I hope you get nice gentle rain instead of the nasty storms.

rf - Boomer remains on the prayer list.

Poirot - OUCH! I've never had a nuked potato burst open. Did you pierce it with a knife before putting it in the microwave?

robinsnest - I'm glad the worst of the storms missed you.

LOL, yes, had pierced it .....actually with a fork, and 2-3 times. Potato was in the oven, not the microwave (and later I was scolding myself, as I usually do it microwave.....but I had the chicken in the oven, it was gonna be on for a while, .....so..........

Rain has stopped for a bit, the skies have not lightened up, still grey....so, guessing more to come.

A sunny day today. It's in the 80s this afternoon.

I washed clothes this morning. I put a plant in a pot after lunch. I hope it lives. It's not looking well. I'll be studying later.
I saw a couple fuzzy heads in the basket. I don't know when eggs hatched. After they leave, I need to clean out basket.

Poirot, next time you cook potato put it in a pan or something. Then you can take out inside of grabbing potato. I
do that when I put things in oven even when it says to put it on the rack. The items still cook fine.

rs, I hope the bad weather misses you.

rf, I pray the pills help Boomer.

Wilde Woman, I hope you're having a happy day.

robin, I'm glad your area didn't get bad storms.

Wishing everyone a nice rest of the day.

Kat, I'm glad you got a sunny day. It's good your bird basket is where you can see what's inside so you know when it's time to clean it.

Wilde Woman, yea, a not-too-hot sunny day for you! Hope your coming rain isn't excessive.

Robin, sometimes it almost feels disappointing to do all the preparation work for a big storm and then have it miss. But then I remember, not really disappointing at all. So much better to have had it miss! I'm glad you didn't get anything serious.

Sexton, remembering you and Boomer. God bless.

Squirrel, I hope those storms lose some of their punch before they reach you. I know you'll be as prepared as anyone can be but I pray anyway for your safety and no damage.

Poirot, the inside of a steaming hot potato seems to just cling to the skin. So painful. I find bandaids make things feel less painful for me but it sounds like your "ouchie" is in a spot that might not easily hold one. About baking potatoes, I like the way they come out better when done in the oven but often I don't want to wait that long so after I puncture mine several times and rub butter or oil onto the skin, I put it into the microwave until it begins to soften a bit, then I move it to my toaster oven and let it finish there--either on the rack or a flat pan. This way gives me the skin texture I like and doesn't take terribly long to cook either.

I loaded up almost three weeks of trash (house garbage) this morning and took it to the dumpster near the farm store. All this wet weather we've been having seems to be bringing out the undesirables of the insect world. I had to get rid of a black widow spider that was inside my home dumpster, then on the way to the farm store I battled mosquitoes. I can tell I won't be spending much time outside in the coming weeks. It's been a long time since we've had such a wet spring but I haven't forgotten how well the mosquitoes and gnats thrive in it.

The challenge now is to find our cows and get them moved around to where they need to be when the cowboy comes sometime this month to work them (we won't get much notice). My niece was able to get someone to come make a repair on the tractor so she's been mowing in and around the lots/pens and pasture roads, which are completely hidden in tall grass and weeds. It's a jungle out there. But it was sunny and warm (okay. hot) today, only uncomfortably humid.

Back