5/8/2024 - Donuts and On The Road Again

We had a heavy thunder/lightning rainstorm this morning, just gave way to a clearing, but I feel more rain in my bones. 70 now with high humidity. Not my favorite weather. Short as my hair is, it just does not "sit right."

Prayers up for all affected by the intense storms around the country.

OC: Take it slow with the heat/humidity.

rfsexton: Hope you have a good shift.

Stay cool, everyone!

1715180797650.png

61 and partly sunny up in this neck of the woods........

have a dr. appt. this morning, not much sleep....weird dreams! Hope I can get a different med.....as I have a reaction to the present one, which actually was not prescribed by regular doctor...a sub for that day. I have only seen my new doc briefly one day.....so this is gonna be a "getting to know you" day for us both. My long time doc moved to South Carolina to be close to family, his replacement recently decided to work the tribal medical facility.....and thus, I will be seeing someone new. I think this is supposed to be a followup to my hospital stay last Nov./December. Hope all goes well, I have some issues to get help with. We will see.

Have a good day all, enjoy whatever it brings, except high winds. :)

Heavy rain, lightning last night. Supposedly a small tornado was spotted in the next county over. Large hail, tornadoes, rain, flooding etc. watches for most of Kentucky today. My county is under a flood watch. Thankfully, I don't live in an area that floods. Right now it's in the mid 70s but very cloudy. Lazy day today. Do hope to make it to church tonight, if the weather cooperates.
Everyone have a good/safe day!

I'm still sleeping longer than normal as I recover from whatever it was that I had. My day started with the mower guy sitting outside the bedroom idling as he opened the gate to drive in and then poorly mow my little yard. I'm going to look for an electric weed whacker and keep the gate locked so they can mow around the yard and I can actually cut the grass after they mow it it's still too long. Princess Problems.... Princess Problems....
We have a band concert to attend tonight. For several years the band/orchestra and concert orchestra would have a bbq before this event a party of sorts. Last year, a "Karen" and "Chad" knew better ways of doing this and made all of the other parent volunteers miserable, so this year no party before hand. Maybe it will be picked up again next year Who knows. I'm there for the music anyway.
Our weather is calm again today... not as warm as yesterday it was 81 yesterday but still in the 70's and as soon as mower guys leave we can put the plants back where they belong. I've got flowers on my pepper I don't know if I need to pollinate or if it will self do the job.... haven't seen many bees in this neck of the woods....
Speaking of Bees last week a swarm of bee's got into the roof in Arizona and swarmed to the netting behind home plate. The game was delayed an hour while a beekeeper was contacted. He collected the bees, threw out the fist pitch and now has a baseball card. I wanted to get a card for my grandsons, they sold out quickly at Topps the card manufacturer where the single card still would have been pricey at one card under $10. I didn't know it would be that much, but as it was sold out it didn't matter, I can find it on Ebay..... for way more money than it's worth for a gimmick card.

Poirot I hope you get answers to your questions. My doctor when I went last week told me I was sick. So happy for him to chime in with that bit of knowledge. May your new doctor be better.
Keeping Boomer in my thoughts....

off to celebrate Wednesday...

Another busy day. It's cloudy now and in the 80s with humidity.

I had PT this morning since Bible study over. I cleaned the last kitchen counter after lunch. My
son and his wife coming up. I'll see them late tomorrow afternoon and Friday. I looked out the
window and saw debris in the ditch. I got that cleared. My neighbor isn't cutting weeds in the
ditch so it's a big mess down there. My church is having a dinner for volunteers. I'm going to
that and take containers for food since I don't eat late. I was afraid I couldn't go because of
the weather, but rain and storms out of forecast. Studying later.

OC, I hope you got home before the heat of the day.

rf, I hope your work day went well.

Wilde Woman, I hope the stormy weather is gone for awhile.

robin, smart idea locking the gate. Hopefully, they won't try to climb the fence. MEN.

Poirot, I hope you and the new doctor had a good talk about your care.

Nameless, good luck going to church this evening.

Wishing everyone a relaxing rest of the day.

Tis amazing these days....tho I got weighed and measured for height, and BP taken......that was it. All by nurse. Female doc, did not even listen to heart, surprised me. She listened, and did reduce the dosage of one pill, and added another which is supposed to helping with the leg & foot problem. But never looked, touched, guess things are just done a lot differently now, or perhaps older patients are treated differently. Going to be getting PT, ........well, we will see.

Good afternoon everyone. Worked at a senior center this morning. It was a nice drive out in the country. Got back to the office for a late lunch. Now working on the report for today.

The horrendous storm took a turn to the south last night, and missed me by about 6 miles. The thunder was still loud, but I got very little rain.

Gotta go. Just got an email that I need to log in on a zoom meeting.

The weather keeps changing here. I'm under a tornado watch until 10. Thunderstorms are to
start after 7. I'm still going to the dinner. I'll probably leave just before 7 to get home. Since
my big meal is noon time, I'm bringing it home for tomorrow lunch.

I called the city office yesterday in my small town. I asked if there are tornado sirens in town
since I don't see any. Nope. No sirens and they aren't planning to get any. After the tornado
years ago, you think they would get some.

I hope everyone will be safe this evening. Texas, Missouri, Oklahoma, Tennessee and Arkansas under tornado
watches. I'm sure there are others.

FYI, I'm home. There were some dark clouds. The thunder started five minutes after I got home.
Severe storms until 9. Temps are going to drop tonight and be in the 50s tomorrow AM.

Storms gone in my area. No damage at my house.

Tornado hit a town in Tennessee. Tornada warning near Huntsville Alabama .

Kat, no siren is inexcusable! Even my tiny, tiny community of about 50 people scattered miles apart, with only a very few within hearing range of our one-truck fire station, has a tornado siren. Glad you made it home and had no damage.

Squirrel, I'm glad the rain missed you.

Storms are way east of me. Skies are clear, out here. My day went fine but it totally wore me out.

I hope everyone is safe.

Back